Over 1000 birds fall from the sky in Arkansas

Holographic Universe or Computer Simulation? Big Bang or God?

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Over 1000 birds fall from the sky in Arkansas

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:48 am

Luck wrote:Thankfully the fireworks theory has been put to rest.

It’s back…

Fireworks likely cause of massive Ark. bird kill
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... orks_N.htm

It wasn't a secret government spraying program, Martians or gas seeping out of the New Madrid fault that killed the 5,000 or so blackbirds that died New Year's Eve in Beebe, Ark.

It was someone shooting off professional grade fireworks in a residential district, scaring the night-blind birds out of their roost into a 25-mph flight that ran them into houses, signs and even the ground, says Karen Rowe, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist.

So it appears this likely was an unusual (anomalous) event despite this surprisingly lengthy list of other (not normally widely reported) events over the last year in the US alone…

USGS National Wildlife Health Center - Recent Mortality Events
http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/mortality_events/ongoing.jsp

Oh well, like extreme weather events and other natural disasters, I was so looking forward to the apocalypse… :)

[I’m the type to run into a hurricane rather than away from it… and by the same token, away from an alien spaceship landing so that I might bear witness to the ensuing death and destruction]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Puppetburglar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:22 am

When I see a Google map with tags concerning a rash of first born male human deaths, I'll head for the barn. Until then, this is interesting, very interesting, for very mundane reasons.
God is a comedian performing for an audience too afraid to laugh

Voltaire
Puppetburglar
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Puppetburglar wrote:When I see a Google map with tags concerning a rash of first born male human deaths, I'll head for the barn. Until then, this is interesting, very interesting, for very mundane reasons.

haha! Or unexplained swarms of locusts descending on entire cities.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby chrLz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:32 am

And my cat used to sleep with my dog.

Yet the world didn't end. Amazing but true.

Also, in my former life, we used to investigate fish kills about 2-3 times per year (this in a remote and unpolluted environment). Most of them never saw the press, not because they were hidden or suppressed, but because they simply weren't that interesting... It happens. About 80% of the time the boffins would work it out, but there are so many variables... Randomness assures that such events will sometimes occur in what appears to be a 'run'. Meaningless to all but TEOTWAWKI proponents and media desperate for a story.
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:21 pm

and so it continues....

ufo's are being blamed for the deaths of 2000 fish in columbia.

http://technorati.com/sports/outdoor/ar ... dead-fish/

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Reality