Aviary Threats In Response to our Update?

Holographic Universe or Computer Simulation? Big Bang or God?

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby wetsystems » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm

We're all friends here - aren't we?

the '55 buick says otherwise.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caryn » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:21 pm

It's just jealous.
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:55 am

dan wrote:Indications are that the program continues under stricter controls.

Indications from who, RP? If so, are you saying he's saying it's an officially sponsored program and we can quote him on that? Regardless, I imagine stricter controls will definitely help keep the success rate down to a more realistic 0% or so. (excluding the occasional lucky guess I suppose)

dan wrote:He was the one who shut it down.

Really, the only one? Again, is that official?

dan wrote:With that high level loop, no need to have too many other prying 'eyes'.

I see. Operationally speaking I suppose those assets would be better deployed to solving this decades old mystery...

Father Guido Sarducci announces the "Find the Popes in the Pizza" Contest

Word on the street is to date nobody has found all 254 of them and stepped forward to claim the prize.

ryguy wrote:But I would wager a larger portion of the population would have significant problem with it.

I suspect that bet might result in a handsome return. Then again, although I’m sure not without some controversy, I believe some law enforcement agencies have employed alleged psychics out of sheer desperation... though I suspect with equally unspectacular results?

ryguy wrote:And the PtB know that.

Define PtB.

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/stargate.htm

Under the auspices of the DIA, the program transitioned to Science Applications International Corporation [SAIC] in 1991 and was renamed STAR GATE. The project, changed from a SAP (Special Access Program) to a LIMDIS (limited dissemination) program, continued with the participation of Edwin May, who presided over 70% of the total contractor budget and 85% of the program's data collection.

Over a period of more than two decades some $20 million were spent on STAR GATE and related activities, with $11 million budgeted from the mid-1980's to the early 1990s.

[snip]

The US program was sustained through the support of Sen. Claiborne Pell, D-R.I., and Rep. Charles Rose, D-N.C., who were convinced of the program's effectiveness. However, by the early 1990s the program was plagued by uneven management, poor unit morale, divisiveness within the organization, poor performance, and few accurate results. The FY 1995 Defense Appropriations bill directed that the program be transferred to CIA, with CIA instructed to conduct a retrospective review of the program. In 1995 the American Institutes for Research (AIR) was contracted by CIA to evaluate the program. Their 29 September 1995 final report was released to the public 28 November 1995. A positive assessment by statistician Jessica Utts, that a statistically significant effect had been demonstrated in the laboratory [the government psychics were said to be accurate about 15 percent of the time], was offset by a negative one by psychologist Ray Hyman [a prominent CSICOP psychic debunker]. The final recommendation by AIR was to terminate the STAR GATE effort. CIA concluded that there was no case in which ESP had provided data used to guide intelligence operations.

Are we to believe this was RP’s doing alone?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:10 pm

AD,

Indications from who, RP? If so, are you saying he's saying it's an officially sponsored program and we can quote him on that? Regardless, I imagine stricter controls will definitely help keep the success rate down to a more realistic 0% or so. (excluding the occasional lucky guess I suppose)

Look at Jon Ronson’s Staring @ Goats. Uri tells him it’s ‘Ron‘. Ask Gary Bekkum for further details.

Also, try using your own head. RP admits a phenomenological problem. He admits that when it comes to phenomena, the only way to track them is with HUMINT. If I were looking for loose nukes, I would settle for an 0.1% hit rate, wouldn’t you? If Ron were not employing psychics in that endeavor, he should be shot.

Really, the only one? Again, is that official?

It is history. He was in charge of shutting down every known unconventional collection effort, except for the three that he now runs.

Are we to believe this was RP’s doing alone?

He’s in charge…..didn’t you know??

I ask you again, AD, are you a scientific materialist, or do you just talk like one??

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:03 pm

I called Kit yesterday at Ron’s request to see why we had not heard from him lately. The hope was that the last misunderstanding had been cleared up, and that everyone was back on speaking terms. No response as yet.

There is probably a desire to not leave any problems in abeyance while folks take off on holiday. Presumably there will not be any exposes in the interim. We are looking forward to Colin’s next installment.

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby caryn » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:55 pm

dan wrote:I called Kit yesterday at Ron’s request to see why we had not heard from him lately. The hope was that the last misunderstanding had been cleared up, and that everyone was back on speaking terms. No response as yet.

There is probably a desire to not leave any problems in abeyance while folks take off on holiday. Presumably there will not be any exposes in the interim. We are looking forward to Colin’s next installment.

Pressure mounting, Dan? Or just the annoyance of not knowing what’s going on?
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby wetsystems » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:14 pm

caryn wrote:
dan wrote:I called Kit yesterday at Ron’s request to see why we had not heard from him lately. The hope was that the last misunderstanding had been cleared up, and that everyone was back on speaking terms. No response as yet.

the tough-skin guys.... this is ridiculous. no?
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:45 pm

dan wrote:We are looking forward to Colin’s next installment. …

The next installment has been posted to the RU Homepage

Enjoy :)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:01 pm

Caryn and Wet,

the tough-skin guys.... this is ridiculous. no?

Huh?

Yes, Kit is deliberately not talking to me. Ron suggests his skin is a bit too thin. He seems to think that everything posted here goes immediately to the Board of GM.

We could only wish.

Ron is going to call the person who was suggested as Gordon’s head of research. This person is known to be leery of Gordon. Ron simply wants to know if this person knows anything, as per certain rumors. I would sure like to hear Ron pop that question! I would like to hear the question, more than the answer.

Then there was a bit of history. The RVing of the NSA facility in WV, back in the ‘70s:

According to one story, the DCI was so impressed that he immediately ordered an all-out program. Ron says he was so unimpressed that he cancelled the program. Take your pick.

As to his now being in charge of RVing: we agree that it is not falsifiable.

He keeps wanting to know where Jim Schnabel is. I keep telling him that his last reported location was on the roof of a cat house in Manila, looking for Marcos’ Gold. Jim, phone home!

Obviously things have gone to the dog-days in DC.

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:52 pm

It was only an innocent question. Man...people are really jumpy around here.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:10 pm

Ron did reference a recent conversation with you, if that is what you mean?

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Yes, I simply asked an innocent question regarding an incident Schnabel had described in his book - just following up on some of the early background stories, verifying, and tying up loose ends.

Also asked him about your comments here that he allegedly admits a phenomenological problem. As you might expect, he said those statements are entirely fabricated. But on the positive side, he did say you are very bright.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:25 pm

Refusing to admit a phenomenological problem………hmmm!

Bright…..but with a terrible hearing problem……!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:45 pm

dan wrote:Bright…..but with a terrible hearing problem……!

Just ask the good doctor for a prescription and I'm sure your hearing will be back to normal in no time.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Those with ears- let them hear.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Reality