Aviary Threats In Response to our Update?

Holographic Universe or Computer Simulation? Big Bang or God?

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby caryn » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:26 pm

wetsystems wrote:Might the solipsistic paradigm be the ‘total absorption’ that you experienced in 1978?.


Quite the reverse. There was no self-awareness - no personal perception.

Edited due to edit on previous post.
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: London


Postby ryguy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:35 am

caryn wrote:
wetsystems wrote:Might the solipsistic paradigm be the ‘total absorption’ that you experienced in 1978?.


Quite the reverse. There was no self-awareness - no personal perception.


I wonder if that kind of perception (or lack thereof) is what Scientologists would describe as going "clear"?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:45 am

SQOTD: (Stupid Question of the Day)

“Cigarette Smoking Man?” (CSM)

Image

I’m confused, rumor (?) has it Doty was a paid consultant to the TV series “The X-Files” so who’s CSM, Ron or Kit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_Smoking_Man

SQOTDFT: (Stupid Question of the Day for Tomorrow)

“Does life imitate art or is it the other way around?”

Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morley_%28cigarette%29

8)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Postby caryn » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:54 am

ryguy wrote:
caryn wrote:
wetsystems wrote:Might the solipsistic paradigm be the ‘total absorption’ that you experienced in 1978?.


Quite the reverse. There was no self-awareness - no personal perception.


I wonder if that kind of perception (or lack thereof) is what Scientologists would describe as going "clear"?



I understand the Scientology clearing process is the stripping away of social conditioning – the erasing of the reactive mind. The OT (Operating Thetan – cleared) is a person who has allegedly been spiritually restored through Scientology processing.

There are obvious parallels here with a number of other spiritual/mystical traditions…particularly of Eastern origin, which Hubbard was fairly well versed in according to Parsons.

So, to answer your question – no, not the same thing. Although spiritually speaking, you might draw a vague connection through the concept of Nirvana.

At the point just before absorption – the ‘I’ or ego shatters – for a fleeting moment you are aware that your consciousness exists in a countless amount of I’s – you are in everything and everything is of you. Then – nothing, until I became aware of self again, at the periphery of the ‘light’.

I was only just 18 when I had this experience – I hadn’t yet begun to look into mysticism etc – though I had a number of unusual experiences through childhood and my teens, as you know. I simply went to bed one night and ‘woke’ to find myself floating in ‘outer-space’ with an entity to one side of me – this ‘entity’ guided me to a sentient brightly illuminated area somewhere deep within space.

The interesting bit – for me at least – is that there was an auditory component to the experience, which impacted on the material environment…in other words, others heard the sounds as I was having this experience.
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: London

Postby dan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:36 pm

Caryn and Wet,

There can be no individual identity when fully immersed in the collective mind - G-d mind if you prefer. Dan continues to skirt around this issue, either because he knows it’ll make folk very uncomfortable, or he simply fails to recognise it himself.


I simply don’t know, but I can make informed, coherent speculations along with everyone else. Consider the consciousness of a single-celled animal. Now, take that same organism and transform it into a neuron in your brain. What would that wee beastie experience in that transformation? It would not necessarily stop having some of its previous experiences, but at the same time, would it not more directly partake of the whole, as did Caryn briefly? Whatever is the best possible outcome….

At the same time, is there not an akashic record from which our souls (and whole worlds?) may be reconstituted on demand?

What can I say? Master the possibilities, folks! Can we not assume that God has, and is she not inviting us to do likewise? Who said God is not sociable?


Dan

...
Last edited by dan on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am
Location: maryland

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:44 pm

The evidence, so far at least and laws of Nature aside, does not require a Designer. Maybe there is one hiding, maddeningly unwilling to be revealed.
-- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Postby dan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:02 pm

Access,
The evidence, so far at least and laws of Nature aside, does not require a Designer.

This was written before the Anthropic Principle became common knowledge.

Maybe there is one hiding, maddeningly unwilling to be revealed.
-- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

God may be less of an exhibitionist than you, Carl and especially me.

Men go and come but Earth abides.

But who prays to the Earth?

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am
Location: maryland

Postby wetsystems » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:04 pm

The evidence, so far at least and laws of Nature aside, does not require a Designer.


but in our pain we are condemned to presuppose such an opiate
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
User avatar
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: uncertain

Postby dan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Caryn,

As much as I love a good debate - I didn’t come here to wax philosophical – I came to request ;-) the evidence for the assertions and wild claims being made, whether that be crashed craft, Ron offering to take Dan to meet Mr/Ms ET or ET and the PtB anointing Dan as 'Sonfish'.

These are areas that can be proved or disproved without being sucked into the foggy, distracting and emotively charged debates we often see on the lists and forums.

No artifact can or should persuade us of anything.

All I offer is truth…..a truth that is objectifiably repeatable in every discerning creature……What is the Best Possible World from the PoV of the Creator and Creatures?

Yes, the R&D show remains pitiful, but it also remains the only show in town. Ron has managed to shut down all the others. If I cannot make a bully pulpit out of that one fact, then I have missed a golden opportunity.


dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am
Location: maryland

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:30 pm

dan wrote:This was written before the Anthropic Principle became common knowledge.

You mean the inherently untestable and therefore quite possibly totally irrelevant Anthropic Principle? What’s your point?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Postby dan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Wet,

but in our pain we are condemned to presuppose such an opiate [God].

True….we were not forced to eat from the tree of knowledge….but how else could we hope to become one with our Creator? What other Hope could there be??

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am
Location: maryland

Postby dan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:36 pm

Access,

You mean the inherently untestable and therefore quite possibly totally irrelevant Anthropic Principle? What’s your point?

There is only one way to test the SAP…..and we are doing it here!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am
Location: maryland

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:36 pm

wetsystems wrote:but in our pain we are condemned to presuppose such an opiate

sad but true

Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? ... No other human institution comes close.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Postby wetsystems » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:38 pm

we were not forced to eat from the tree of knowledge


the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil' whereby the shame of nakedness was introduced to creation?

if it wasn't forced it was at least a set-up.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
User avatar
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: uncertain

Postby dan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Wet,

the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil' whereby the shame of nakedness was introduced to creation?

if it wasn't forced it was at least a set-up.

Creation was a trick? Yes and no!

Here is your gedanken experiment:

Think up a better, self-consistent creation, and report back here.

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am
Location: maryland

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Reality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron