Will Bush Cancell the Election?

Discuss what you think really happened in New York on 9/11/2001

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Will Bush Cancell the Election?

Postby Zorgon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:25 am

Hmmm This is most likely in the wrong box... so I suppose I shall beg the mods to 'stick it in the right ho... errr slot"

Bush signs unconstitutional "power grab" presidential directives NSPD51 and HSPD20, giving him full-dictatorial powers in the event of a loosely defined "catastrophic emergency."

The directives define "catastrophic emergency" as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government function."

It also states, "The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government." In other words, the president gave himself the sole power and duty to interpret the constitution anyway he chooses, and neither Congress nor the public shall be allowed to debate or disagree on such matters.

Right now, the only thing standing between the United States' Constitutional Republic and Bush/Cheney's apparent desire to rule with an iron fist is a lesser event than that of 9/11.

Bush / Cheney to Attempt Possible Coup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3dAnSMzUlo

Related Links

Will Bush Cancel The 2008 Election?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_HOBiTb6jI&NR=1

Laura Schwartz: Bush May Cancel 2008 Elections!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqV22jU6_Vo

From Capitol Hill Blue

The Rant
Bush on the Constitution: ‘It’s just a goddamned piece of paper’
By By DOUG THOMPSON
Dec 5, 2005, 07:53
Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/p ... 7779.shtmlWill Bush cancel the 2008 election?

Just curious about RU members opinions on this issue

Thanks
Zorgon
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Will Bush Cancell the Election?

Postby MrPenny » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 am

I'll look at it a little deeper later, but my initial feeling is this kind of stuff is fear-mongering.

Just wool-gathering here....but what instrument would he use to wield those powers? The military I assume. Would the Pentagon follow his orders in that case? Keep in mind, military personnel are also sworn to uphold the Constitution, and they have some very bright legal minds at work in the Pentagon. Not to mention what appears to be a great deal of stress through the entire rank structure of the military and Pentagon.

In short, I don't think it could be successfully accomplished....at least in the sense of a full-out coup of sorts. Sure, more degradation of Constitutional law, but not what may be suggested in the sources.
P.T. Barnum wouldn't stand a chance with this crowd.
MrPenny
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:53 am

Nahh its simply Zorgon in GLP and OM mode.

Does this site really need cheap tripe like this? I dont think so
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:00 am

Here we go... I am not looking forward to this...

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm

I think the provisions in those papers, when used properly, make sense for the American people. And I find it impossible to think that they could be used improperly (and if so, the length of time any president could do that would be SEVERELY limited by "we" the people, trust me, lol....can you say "civil disobedience"?)

I think this is no more than the typical bush hater groups that are trying to find that can be stretched into some sort of conspiracy. There really is no conspiracy here.

Lets say there was a natural disaster but Bush forced the elections to go on anyway. If a republican one the elections we would have to sit through all that Dems crap about how the election was stolen by the republicans (again), lol.

Government as a whole, and the republicans especially, are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They only thing they can attempt now days is pass the stuff that will get them damned from the smallest groups, lol.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to 911 - What Really Happened?