Book predicts 9/11

Discuss what you think really happened in New York on 9/11/2001

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Book predicts 9/11

Postby longhaircowboy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm

I just finished reading a novel by Colin Forbes titled The Cell and in it he mentions planes hitting the twin towers on 9/11 but doesnt mention the year. He does reference 2001 and 2002 but leaves unclear what year the story takes place. Now here's the kicker.......published in 1997. Thats right 4 years before the actual event .
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Book predicts 9/11

Postby ryguy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Seriously? Never read that book but now I'll have to check it out...

Aside from the interesting connection, is the plot good?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah it was a fun read. He uses the 9/11 connection as a lead up to the books plot about an al-queda plot to do harm to England. Definitly if you like thrillers this is a good one. His writing is crisp and effective. A page turner.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby vonmazur » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:19 am

Fellows; about a year before this event, there was a Bill Curtis show on various terrorists, they stated that the terorists were going to fly highjacked airliners into buildings....About a week later, there was a show on NBC (IIRC) that was about some guy who was a very good imposter, a genius of some kind, he was on an airliner that was being directed by remote control into the WTC...I do not recall the exact name of this show, maybe it was "The Imposter" or something similar, but I found the co-incidence interesting, but not compelling...I do not have a partilular love of CT ers or anything like that, just remembered the the two shows and wondered if anyone else has as well...

Dale
Neca eos omnes-Deus suos agnoscet
vonmazur

Google

Return to 911 - What Really Happened?