National Geographic Takes on 9/11 Conspiracies

Discuss what you think really happened in New York on 9/11/2001

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

National Geographic Takes on 9/11 Conspiracies

Postby ryguy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 am

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 7/Overview

My prediction is that there will be many 9/11 conspiracy theorists crying fowl Tuesday morning because they can't accept cold, hard facts.

National Geographic even plans to sit down Conspiracy Theorists and show them the evidence to get their reaction. I can't wait. :-)

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: National Geographic Takes on 9/11 Conspiracies

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:21 am

Hi ryguy.

i will try to watch this, i dont take much notice of most of the conspiracy theories about 9/11, and i dont believe the US government was behind it, BUT, and i say this as a totally objective sceptical guy, i do think there are a few things of concern and a few things that dont make sense.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:59 pm

It sounds like National Geo promises to make sense of many of those issues. Hopefully they post a full video afterwards, and I'll update with the link when they do.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 pm

ryguy wrote:It sounds like National Geo promises to make sense of many of those issues. Hopefully they post a full video afterwards, and I'll update with the link when they do.

-Ryan

thanks Ryan.

the things that mainly bother me are the guy finding an intact hijackers wallet in the street which i find a little hard to believe.

the israelis that were arrested that were filming it as it happened. and the others allegedly with explosives in a van.

the hijackers travelling miles to another airport and back on a connecting flight for no apparent reason.

al quaida and bin laden being blamed almost instantly.

alleged insider trading and warning emails the day before.

there are a few other things but i cant remember off the top of my head.dont subscribe to all the other things.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 pm

The thing that bothered me about it at the time (during that actual day of September 11th 2001) was how there was a car parked at the airport in Boston with a 'How to Fly a Jumbo Jet' book and a copy of the Qur'an which was apparently driven by the 'hijackers' (the car, not the book).

The Qur'an I'd let pass. If a Muslim was determined to fly a plane into a building I can see him have the scripture with him. It makes sense.

But the 'How to fly a jumbo jet' book - we'll come on, it's not like he's cramming for his SATs, and judging by the uplift prior to sticking the 2nd tower (never did get to see the first being hit - say the 2nd live though) I'd say they were competent enough not to do a quick bit of reading up on the basics.

That was the last I ever gave thought trying to figure out September 11th - on September 11th. Watching the MSM lay it on thick and within hours that this was an attack by Muslims on the US just helped me unplug from the nonsense which passes for news these days.

If I were in charge of the immediate aftermath of an incident like that you can bet I wouldn't be letting any news team know core elements of the investigation unless I wanted that info out and if I wanted that info out it's because it's poppycock.

Anywho's - I'll probably find a way of watching the Nat Geo program. Just so I'm informed for the inevitable fallout from it.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi m0r.

judging by your post, i think you're getting at the same thing as me.

but anyway, the books and car you mentioned are of the same incident i was thinking of.

but from what i remember it allegedly happened like this: the hijackers travelled all the way to boston?, and their luggage was stopped or left there at baggage control, it contained a pilots suit, flight manual and qu'ran, they then got a connecting flight back to the airport where they hijacked the planes but they were already closer before they set off so seemingly took an unnecessary journey at a high risk of being caught or missing the flight back or being delayed.

the theory ive read is that they purposely went there just to get caught on camera because the other airport didn't have cctv at the time, and also to purposely leave the luggage.

next point is that some of the alleged hijackers have been allegedly proven to be alive and well.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Not only alive and well but saying that they have no idea how their names are linked to the supposed attack - something which only saw some attention on Jon Snow's Channel 4 news in the UK.

Seems though that whenever they need they can magic up some more 'evidence' when the war effort is flailing. Such as theis [urlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8333254.stm]BBC article about how a German born Moroccan who was one of the 9/11 planners' passport[/url] just shows up where it is needed most; On the Pakistan/Afghan border.

There's no figuring it out. I don't even try to guess. I just reckon the official story is a cover story and that many injustices came about from 'developed' nations afterwards.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi m0r.

i agree with all that, its also a bit of a "coincidence" that a video of bin laden admitting or celebrating 9/11 surfaced just when bush needed help to get re elected....

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to 911 - What Really Happened?