The real cost of Chinese crap at WalMart

Everything Political

The real cost of Chinese crap at WalMart

Postby wetsystems » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:27 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/world ... odayspaper
As China Roars, Pollution Reaches Deadly Extremes

If we think that Chinese imports are 'cheap' consider the true costs. China is now the most polluted country on earth burning almost as much coal as the rest of the world combined. The filth produced there now arrives as noxious fall-out in California. If this 'economic progress' is not stanched it won't be long before your own yard is steeped in Chinese s^~t.

The solution to this conundrum is as obvious as it is difficult- boycotting Chinese products and boycotting WalMart in particular. If we, as a people, fail to take a proactive stance against this insult to the planet the planet will soon die.

Along with the megatons of cheap gadgets and gizmos China also sends us this:

Environmental woes that might be considered catastrophic in some countries can seem commonplace in China: industrial cities where people rarely see the sun; children killed or sickened by lead poisoning or other types of local pollution; a coastline so swamped by algal red tides that large sections of the ocean no longer sustain marine life.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to Politics