The next time Democrats whine that...

Everything Political

The next time Democrats whine that...

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 pm

... "ALL VOTES MUST BE COUNTED"

I will simply refer them to their OWN VOTERS in Michigan that THEY acted to disenfranchise!?!?! :roll:

Gee...don't most parties want to PANDER to their constituencies to woo their vote? Seems like a highly odd tactic to me. But that's OK, many DEMs I know say one thing and do another! :lol:

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:56 am

Hmm.... I never thought of it that way until you mentioned it. Are Michigan Democrats not outraged?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:46 pm

i,m so done caring
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:03 pm

So now let's take stock here:

First, we have witnessed the DEMs (who were all about "counting every vote" in 2000) disenfranchising entire states of their own voters in this primary season. Michigan and Florida DEMs... the Party is just saying your votes are NOT to be counted. Hypocrisy?

But now we have the issue of "super-delegates". A gimmick created by the DEM Party itself to somehow "help" candidates.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/14/superdelegates/

Unlike elected delegates, superdelegates can vote for any candidate they choose
Some says they fear superdelegates could tip balance against the popular vote
If such a thing happens, some say voters will feel alienated, disenfranchised

Another great idea brought to you by the Party who thinks things should be fair... unless they can't muster a win! As usual, I am pretty disgusted by the short-term memory of the large majority of the electorate (and that goes for Repub and Dem voters). In 2000 we had Florida, and in 2004 we had Ohio. The gnashing of teeth by the DEMs about voter disenfranchisement in those states was so bad it made some of us conservatives ill. Now here we are in 2008, not even at the general election yet, and we see the DEMs DOING IT TO THEMSELVES. Can you hear the crickets chirping? Apparantly the DEM sheeple of Michigan and Florida and not whining loud enough. If they were REALLY upset about what happened in 2000 and 2004, they would not sit still for this and they would refuse to participate in the Convention.

Guess they are not THAT upset, huh? :D

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Politics