And so it starts

Everything Political

And so it starts

Postby Chorlton » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:39 am

Shariah Law to be integrated into UK law?. Or is he just punting for some publicity for his own religion, a lot of people have fallen for his trick.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 328024.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wan108.xml
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:50 am

If it happens there, it's only a matter of time before it happens everywhere. I thought that the Brits wouldn't put up with such foolishness? Has your society become so politically correct now it can't do anything about it (as we have)

Hell, over here it's not just political correctness that keep people from talking about it....most of our liberal dumbasss probably think it's a good idea.

Doesn't matter, my invisible god is stronger than their invisible god ;)
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Thankfully, the politcians over here do not agree with the Archbishop of Canterbury's frankly ridiculous suggestion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7233335.stm

The Archbishop of Canterbury has come under fire after appearing to back the adoption of some aspects of Sharia law in the UK.

Culture Secretary Andy Burnham said such moves would create "social chaos."

Gordon Brown's spokesman said the prime minister "believes that British laws should be based on British values".

He added that Mr Brown had a good relationship with the archbishop, who was perfectly entitled to express his views.

Shaista Gohir, a government advisor on Muslim women and director of Muslim Voice UK, said she did not believe there was a need for Sharia courts because "the majority of Muslims do not want it".

Following the archbishop's comments, Home Office Minister Tony McNulty said: "To ask us to fundamentally change the rule of law and to adopt Sharia law, I think, is fundamentally wrong."

Shadow community cohesion minister Baroness Warsi told BBC News 24 the suggestion was unhelpful and said: "Dr Williams seems to be suggesting that there should be two systems of law, running alongside each other, almost parallel, and for people to be offered the choice of opting into one or the other. That is unacceptable."

Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg said he had "an enormous amount of respect" for Dr Williams, but could not agree with him on this issue.

Trevor Phillips, who chairs the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said the "implication that British courts should treat people differently based on their faith is divisive and dangerous".

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Like I said, I think he was just worried about the muzzies getting a lot more publicity than christians, so rather than crucify some lesser archbishops, he starts spouting crap like that than he KNOWS will piss people off and bring attention his way.

I think there is zero chance of the teeniest bit of shariah law entering UK law.
The reason is, the muzzies in the UK dont want real Shariah law, they just want the bits of it that suits them.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Politics