Cynical ? Moi ??

Everything Political

Cynical ? Moi ??

Postby Chorlton » Mon May 19, 2008 9:00 am

I watched 2 Chinese women on TV this morning asking for Aid for China...................WHAT ????

This is China, a country that has the money to send men into Space, to produce Nuclear Weapons and sell them to other countries, a country that has one of, if not the biggest army in the world. A country that send the families of executed people the bill for the bullet, a country that can afford to put on The Olympics, but a country who's basic hate of anything not Chinese is stunning. A country that is illegally invading Tibet and relocating ethnic Tibetans out of the country whilst sending Chinese immigrants in to it.
Chinese societies outside of China are insulated and detached, rarely interacting with the societies they live in other than their ridiculous 'New year' festivities. All the Chinese socieites want from any society they live in is their money, nothing else, they offer nothing else, they take and dont give.

Sorry, call me spitefull, hatefull or even cynical but I call this cry for help from Chinese people a little two faced.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Cynical ? Moi ??

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Amen, I am with you Chorlton.

And where are the oodles and oodles of people around the world decrying the Chinese response (or lack thereof) to their own tragedy...a la Katrina here in the USA???

Oh...that's right... people IN CHINA are NOT FREE to bag on their government, as are the rest of the free people who bag on America's government (with the loudest whiners being American themselves!).

This stark contrast in not only freedom of speech, but freedom to speak up when something is far sub-par speaks volumes about the difference between a free society and a closed society.

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby torbjon » Mon May 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Chorlton:

"....they take and they don't give"

On the contrary, they give us some one to Hate, Loathe, and Fear.

Without those things the current political systems can't survive... Gotta have an enemy, just GOTTA HAVE IT.

The middle east just ain't good enough. We Gotta have a Big space faring, nuke tossing, massive army Super Power to hate and fear.

Russia is Gone... Europe, (no offense) is Gone... Japan? Korea? Been there done that... Africa? South America? They can't get their act together... Australia? Canada? Gimme a break...

Who is left?

China Baby, China!

Bet the farm, IF there was any chance that China would actually crumble and Stop being a feared threat my peace loving country will give 'em all the trade agreements and foreign aid they'll need to remain a Threat.

Without a global threat my country has No Reason for existing as it currently does.
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 20, 2008 8:11 am

torbjon wrote:Chorlton:

Russia is Gone... Europe, (no offense) is Gone... .

That always tickles me. Europe is gone.
Someone, somewhere is going to get a nasty shock one day. Seen the UK's latest sub? It makes most others look like toys. Also as Europe now is relatively united, it gives the combined EU probably the biggest army in the world.

But I take your point about the rest of your post. I was totally shocked when I visted China. a foreigner could fall and die in the street and people would simply step over you.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Politics