Politicians ARE THE PROBLEM!

Everything Political

Politicians ARE THE PROBLEM!

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:19 pm

At least according to approval polls...

We are all aware that President Bush's approval ratings have been falling for the past 2+ years. But so have the approval ratings of Congress. And, of course, once the Democrats took control over Congress, did anyone think Bush-bashing would not be in full-gear? But a plain and simple fact is that the American people have consistently shown, through polling that stretches back for decades, is that one thing we hate MORE than political inaction is political blame-gaming and finger pointing. This new poll on Congressional approval rating makes it clear that we don't think ANYONE is really doing their job!

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69088

A major tracking poll for the first time shows Americans' appproval of Congress has dipped below 10 percent.

The most recent Rasmussen Reports survey calculates a mere 9 percent say Congress is doing a good or excellent job, while a majority of Americans, 52 percent, believe it is doing a poor job, which also ties a record high.

Against President Bush's much-publicized poor approval ratings, today's poll shows Congress' numbers have plunged to less than a third of the president's.

But will the American people continue to elect incumbents? The thing that annoys me the most is that people will say they disapprove of Congress, but they don't want to change their dirty underwear!!

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Politicians ARE THE PROBLEM!

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:36 pm

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that."
--George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:55 am

"Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."

"The federal government has taken too much tax money from the people, too much authority from the states, and too much liberty with the Constitution."

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

--- Ronald Reagan

any groovy quotes from the current batch of bozoboys?
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:48 am

The best comment I saw on Politicians was.
"If you can see their lips moving, Theyre lying"

The problem with relecting incumbents is that most people work on the basis of "Better the devil you know"

At least in the US you get to actually vote for your president. In the UK we dont get to select our prime minister. We have to put up with whoever the political party selects as its leader.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Politics