"NWO" isn't so "new"

Everything Political

"NWO" isn't so "new"

Postby torbjon » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:32 pm

I debated whether to just tack this on to the existing political discussion I've been engaged in or to start a new thread. Obviously I chose to start a new thread. The logic being that this is some rather generic information that we all are (or should be) aware of when engaging in political conversations of any nature.

I've recently become aware of an incredibly well made BBC documentary entitled "The Century of the Self" by Adam Curtis. It's been around a while, I'm sure our European comrades have seen it and digested it. I'm not so sure our American comrades are aware of it (or as aware as they could be) which is why I'm mentioning it here.

Again, I doubt that any one tid bit of information, taken by itself, will be of any great shock to anyone (Sigmund Freud, father of modern psychology, nothing new there) but taken collectively it's a fascinating analysis of the who, what, where, when and Why the economic / political arena has become what it has become this past 100 years.

It's a four part series, each part is about one hour long, all of it can be found on Google. I'm sure it's on youtube as well. I feel that some of the things discussed in this documentary could only help to further our economic and political discussions here.

Following is a link to part one. It's an hour long, maybe pack a lunch.

Link to documentary

rock on
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: "NWO" isn't so "new"

Postby Jack'sDead » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:17 am

"They (who) seek to establish systems of government based on the regimentation of all human beings by a handful of individual rulers call this a new [world] order. It is not new and it is not order" -FDR
...You can call me, Joker!
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Quote from email correspondence with ex-CIA scientist, 10/12/2006 2:15p.m.:

"I love the notion of Plato's cave, and rule by the elite. Democracies have been pretty much responsible for a lot of garbage when they are coupled with a bi-cameral legislature. Why not? The average IQ of the member of the House is about 90. That is an average...the ones above 100 don't tend to get re-elected."

Hmm...it's an interesting question isn't it. Is society too "stupid" to rule itself? Must they be governed by an elite few with superior intellect?

The comment above made me fairly angry, initially. The context was whether or not the public could actually handle the "truth" that the government knows regarding the ufo phenomenon (even just the "truth" that they aren't extra-terrestrial). The argument, which I initially disagreed with, was that discourse on forums such as these (like ATS or OM) prove that people aren't really capable of processing hard "evidence" without resorting immediately to outrageous conclusions. I was arguing that the public is perfectly capable...but the longer I remain in this field of research, the more I am gravitating toward the conclusion that the majority of the population may actually be too stupid to handle the truth.

Please convince me otherwise...I'm desperate for renewed faith in humanity. lol...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Jack'sDead » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:34 pm

I don't think that society it "too stupid" so to speak. I think most people could "handle" the truth. The problem is, what are they going to do with the truth? Even those of us who see through eyes that are more open to the reality that exists beyond the veil, are at a loss for what to do with this knowledge.

Now you have to look at our form of government. The people were never meant to be "in the know" entirely, or to have any real bearing on the "important" decisions. We hired/elected officials to make the decisions, and to study the issues, while we all worked at whatever we were best at. We are supposed to spend our time knowing our own jobs, how to build bridges, how to catch criminals and keep the peace, how to educate the children, how to sell goods, etc. All the while having faith that our officials were dedicating themselves entirely to their task, working as hard as the rest of us, and acting in the best interests of those who had elected them. Well, that was the plan anyway. No need to rehash the reality of how perverted that idea has become.
...You can call me, Joker!
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to Politics