Thin end of the wedge?

Everything Political

Thin end of the wedge?

Postby Chorlton » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 749183.ece

To me this is the thin end of the wedge and needs to be stopped now. But of course the tree huggers will say its all OK wont they?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Thin end of the wedge?

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Chorlton wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article4749183.ece

To me this is the thin end of the wedge and needs to be stopped now. But of course the tree huggers will say its all OK wont they?

Whelp, I agree, and even said as much when I first saw this story come out. Steve pointed out that these courts are only enforced when both parties mutually agree to their implementation for a civil case. However, it does not change my mind that it is a terrible idea. Radical Islamists have clearly stated on more than one occasion that the UK is the first country they will "take over". Thanks for giving them the first foothold that COULD make that a possibility.

I love you Brits, and you have always been a staunch ally (well...'cept for that whole Revolutionary War bit over here), but we can clearly see that the US GOV does not hold a sole lock on doing stupid things. You have now set precedent for two, different forms of law being permitted in a single country. Baaaaaad precedent to go setting. And the cat is out of the bag now...not sure how you can turn back the clock on this one. I just hope it doesn't go in the direction that some of us fear it will.

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Politics