The Reality of the United Nations

Everything Political

Re: The Reality of the United Nations

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Ray
All of your premis's you put forwards re Chamberlain were based in another time another place. The atime was a time when we werent armed, when we had few planes and a tiny army. Things change and to compare them with present day politics is being facetious.
Youre also wrong about the US saving our arses in the war. Thats always brought up but its a proven fallacy. The US entered the war when a lot of the hard work had already been done. What the US involvement in WWii did was to speed up the end of the war. Without US soldiers etc we would still have won, it would just have taken longer as the UK would have had to call in more help from its colonies.
Then again if the US had stepped in earlier it would never have taken place, but as the US only entered due to financial reasons what more were we to expect?

Yes we were once a country that policed the world, but again it was another time in the far past when weapons werent the same. Its changed now and the US does not have any mandate to go swanning around where it wants, killing or torturing anyone wherever it wants and telling people what it can and cant do. Those day are coming to an end

My comments about if Iran Lobs one, we lob one I was referring to the world 'We'. The US isnt the only country with Nukes to lob you know? we have a few ourselves and so does Israel and France. Personally I think its about time someone did lob a Nuke or two to let the world know the weapons they are f---- about with.
Iran has little influence anywhere. about the only place they do anything is in Iraq. Its the Saudis that are the world's biggest danger.

I can see another revolution in Iran soon anyway. The youth of the country isnt just going to sit around and be dictated to by a bunch of religious ragheads, But again, its up to them to sort it out, not the US.
Dont forget, your distaste of Irans internal poilitics is mirrored by many other countrie's distaste of America's Internal and external politics.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: The Reality of the United Nations

Postby gunter » Thu May 06, 2010 4:52 pm

So, Ray. I take it your 'final solution' to the mullah problem is a reformed United Nations. OK. But dream on if you think that might ever happen. And as to conflating Iran with NAZI Germany as a threat to world peace... That's another wet dream. Iran is not a terrorist nation except in the eyes of Dick Cheney, Zionism and Ray Hudson And so they support Hezbollah in Lebanon? Is that to say that Hezbollah has no legitimate interest in resisting Israeli expansion and the persecution of Palestinians? Your argument starts with the presupposition that Iran, Palestine, Hezbollah and China are a priori evil and have no valid issues concerning what they view as American hegemony. In other words it is a jingoist argument. Such arguments are not only disingenuous but singularly unhelpful.

And then there's this too (in the interests of obligatory nut chewing...)-
I can see another revolution in Iran soon anyway. The youth of the country isnt just going to sit around and be dictated to by a bunch of religious ragheads, But again, its up to them to sort it out, not the US.
Dont forget, your distaste of Irans internal poilitics is mirrored by many other countrie's distaste of America's Internal and external politics.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Politics