Capitalism collapses. Time for a change?

Everything Political

Re: Capitalism collapses. Time for a change?

Postby subdivisions » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 pm

The Government respected it too by not calling the army out despite over a Million people flooding into the capitol.

So in other words, it was successful because the government chose not to shoot. As opposed to Syria and Libya, right? Or China and Russia as well. How many people were killed during the reforms of Stalin and Mao?

It aint perfect, but its based around looking after those who cannot look after themselves, Free healthcare and benefits for those who are too sick to work.

Hey, why do European nations have higher cancer rates than the USA? Reduced benefits. Moving government guidelines for cancer screenings back from age 35 to 45 saves billions every year. Which is what they have to do. Along with denial of coverage.

Let's play a game. It's name a British celebrity that isn't a British citizen anymore. :lol:

No one is going to kncok on your door and take your car away. That isnt the idea, the idea is everyone would have a car.

For everyone to have a car, some are going to have to give more than others. Some people call it welfare but it's called stealing! Also, what about man made global warming? Giving everyone a car would doom humanity wouldn't it? That is what all the propaganda says, doesn't it?

People should own the factory they work in. It would give them more of an impetus to work hard and make their factory successfull.

Really? In the Soviet Union the people owned the factories didn't they? How efficient were they? Did any of them survive without hugh government subsidies. Are any of them still around today?

But if its a choice between a very basic lief on food stamps and basic benefits or work and join the rest of the people I'm sure they will see the error of their ways.

Really, If you gave a person a choice between getting a check for staying home, or having to work out in the snow, or summer heat, which one do you think they would pick? In America we have entire families on government assisstence for going on 4 generations. With no end in sight. :roll:
There's a long road,...I've gotta stay in time with, YEAH!
I've got to keep on chasing that dream,...though I may never find it.
I'm always just behind it!
subdivisions

Re: Capitalism collapses. Time for a change?

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 am

Hi Subdivisions, some good counterpoints but...

subdivisions wrote:Hey, why do European nations have higher cancer rates than the USA? Reduced benefits. Moving government guidelines for cancer screenings back from age 35 to 45 saves billions every year. Which is what they have to do. Along with denial of coverage.

I was curious about this claim so I did a little research starting here…

WHO Cancer Mortality Database (IARC)
http://www-dep.iarc.fr/WHOdb/WHOdb.htm

This URL encoding my selections using Online Analysis > Graphs > Time Trends…

UK vs. US Mortality Rates

Generates this graph…

WHO_T4_45629585a.png
WHO_T4_45629585a.png (37.69 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

It appears the gap has closed considerably in recent years.

See also this fairly recent paper…

European cancer mortality predictions for the year 2011
M. Malvezzi, A. Arfé, P. Bertuccio, F. Levi, C. La Vecchia, and E. Negri1
http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/conten ... dq774.full

Results: The predicted number of cancer deaths in the EU in 2011 was 1 281 436, with standardized rates of 143/100 000 men and 85/100 000 women. Poland had the highest rates, with smaller falls over recent periods. Declines in mortality for major sites including stomach, colorectum, breast, uterus, prostate and leukemias, plus male lung cancer, will continue until 2011, and a trend reversal or a leveling off is predicted where upward trends were previously observed. Female lung cancer rates are increasing in all major EU countries except the UK, where it is the first cause of cancer death, as now in Poland. The increasing pancreatic cancer trends in women observed up to 2004 have likely leveled off.

Conclusions: Despite falls in rates, absolute numbers of cancer deaths are stable in Europe. The gap between Western and former nonmarket economy countries will likely persist.

I don’t see any indication of a gross disparity here.

What is your source for this claim?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to Politics