Does this matter?

Everything Political

Postby ryguy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:13 am

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
oh! i know! for lying about it, right? damn! we're all doubly screwed!

cs

lol...yeah - for lying about it in a court of law to a judge. Perjury. Compounded by the fact that he was lying about it to cover his a__ from a harassment accusation against him. You know what they say - what's good for the goose.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:16 am

i agree- he was trapped. but the worst problem was the wrath of the nanny! to avoid that- any of us would have lied to jesus himself!
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:31 am

I,m currently reading "The Last Days" and its amazing how much it seems to be repeating its self as far as bush and his methods to keep keep in power. Soon he will be talking gibberish....oh wait he has always done that.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:38 am

I.P.Freely wrote:I,m currently reading "The Last Days" and its amazing how much it seems to be repeating its self as far as bush and his methods to keep keep in power. Soon he will be talking gibberish....oh wait he has always done that.

IP, can you link us to that book?
cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:05 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
I.P.Freely wrote:I,m currently reading "The Last Days" and its amazing how much it seems to be repeating its self as far as bush and his methods to keep keep in power. Soon he will be talking gibberish....oh wait he has always done that.

IP, can you link us to that book?
cs

I bought it at a thrift store and a well spent 25 cents too. its the one written by Woodward and Bernstein right after "All the Presidents Men" copyright 1976
Very interesting I never knew Pat Buchanan was a speech writer for Nixon who considered him to be like a son. Or Diane Sawyer worked in the press office at that time.

I,ve always had an interest In Nixon because I grew up in Yorba Linda right down the road from Richard Nixon Elementry , RH park , and the home he was born in now his libary and last resting place. As far as I know he is still considered a hero there at least he was when I was in school.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:21 pm

I'm gonna find that book- if you can lend me a quarter. I used to keep a copy of the NYT version of the Watergate transcripts next to my bed. I read it over and over until I wore it out. ( I'm baddd!) What a pleasure to be a fly on the wall of the Oval Office while these guys struggled to nuance the truth. I had John Dean's 'Cancer on the Presidency' spiel memorized! But I came away with the distinct sinking feeling, and exquisitely humbling realization, that there's a little Nixon in all of us. The man exuded bad faith. Very important book. Very important time in American history.

I am aware of PJB's association with RMN but I've come to respect his (PJB's) intellect after all these years and, in fact, carry on an intermittent correspondence with him concerning the nature of the American political dialectic. I'm also a charter subscriber to his magazine (The American Conservative) which is by far my favorite political mag. I highly recommend it.

Good luck with your move.

Best,

Kim
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:57 am

I like Pat he is a real conservative
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Serpentime » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:17 am

I.P.Freely wrote:I like Pat he is a real conservative

As a conservative, I never thought that I would say this (LOL), but I'm agreeing with Pat Buchanan more and more, nowadays...

Traditionally speaking, I often judged his philosophies to be a little-bit too "puritanical" for my liking, but he's the only pundit around with enough guts to criticize the role of the French Revolution and The Declaration of the Rights of Man in modern-day America. :shock:

Now that's a real Bircher... ;)

Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:43 pm

Whether I agree with them or not I can always respect a man who says what they mean rather then tells you what they think you want to hear.
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:53 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:Whether I agree with them or not I can always respect a man who says what they mean rather then tells you what they think you want to hear.

My own feeling is that PJB is conflicted concerning his love of Catholicism versus his disdain for the State. His Pro-life indoctrination over-rides his innate conservatism. It was for this reason that he backed Bush in 2004. His justification (in private discourse with me) had to do with the Roberts and (shit- the other guy- a senior moment, sorry..) appointments to SCOTUS. His Catholic categories ruled his decision in spite of his better judgment concerning the (his acknowledged) lunacy of the Bush presidency.

Such is life. I don't begrudge him his decision, although I disagree with it. For a Catholic, life begins at conception. Who can disagree with that? Of course it does. On the other hand- who can legislate a woman's own use of herself? I come down on the side of the sister. Pat comes down on the side of his perceived God. Of such stuff dialectic is borne. Hopefully.

cs
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Serpentime » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:56 am

I.P.Freely wrote:Whether I agree with them or not I can always respect a man who says what they mean rather then tells you what they think you want to hear.

That's why I "like" Pat, too. ;)

My feelings about respect are identical.

Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Previous

Google

Return to Politics