Source A Exposed!

A study of the political relations between humanity and ET

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Source A Exposed!

Postby gunter » Fri May 28, 2010 1:38 am

From Amkon-
Re: Notice! You are hereby terminated by the Borg
The research and heavy lifting in this investigation was done by just two people: Andy Murray (Mur) and John Hicks (Jeddyhi). They've worked on the story for many months out of a sense of outrage towards yet another hoax hatched at the Open Minds Forum. All the credit for discovering the identity of Source A and proving that the Pickerings were weaving a web of lies belongs to these two men and no-one else. To now find that Cogburn has insinuated himself into the investigation and is about to take credit for it in a national radio broadcast is simply bizarre and distressing- and almost beyond belief.

I authored a thread at RU several weeks ago entitled Murnut Drives a Stake Through the Heart of a Hoax detailing the progress of the investigation to that point. The work product belonged to Andy and John alone. The discovery of the identity of Source A was a result of the continuation of that investigation- again solely the work product of Andy and John. No Cogburn input at any time.

Andy and John did not perform this work in the interests of personal recognition or profit but rather as a service to the field of Ufology. And, regardless of Cogburn's self-serving insinuation of himself into the research, regardless of his appearance on the Kevin Smith Show I wish to make it clear that none of the credit for this investigation rightly belongs to him. Whether or not Andy and John care about this 'stolen valor'- I do.

I hope this brief rant serves to set the record straight.

I do also believe that Steve and Ryan were brought into the investigation during its latter stages for help in putting the story into a coherent form and to take advantage of their well known research abilities in these sorts of matters. The report produced here by the four of them was indeed clear and concise.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 am

I have to say your reply to Steve's post was really appreciated...

To back up Steve's account, I've decided to publish the email where I first suggested we kick Bryce off of the research team because of the self-serving approach he was taking, and particularly because of how he completely blew the upcoming phone interview for Steve...and to think he's now pretty much gloating about it. We all could have had so much more information from Richard if it wasn't for this amateur, Bryce.

Recently, he's been claiming that he'd quit the Source A investigative team because he disagreed with the "ethics" of the team's research methods. This is blatantly false. Cogburn started shouting that he wanted to quit after the team already initiated a voting procedure to get him out. Obviously, he wanted to retain the ability to say he "quit" - so he quickly decided to do so to avoid the embarrassment of the vote-off by all members of the team.

May 25th, 2010, in a team email exchange, Andy (Murnut) expressed frustration that word had gotten out about our team having gotten in touch with Richard Theilmann. The hope was that we could have a quiet, calm phonecall and hopefully learn more from Richard. Yet "Cogburn" of Amkon had published that little tidbit in the public forum, prompting Salla to publish a preemptive article and getting Richard extremely upset prior to the phonecall. After Andy (on May 25th) brought up this issue, Cogburn became very defensive and defended his move.

You could forgive folks for wondering whether Cogburn and Salla are working together, their actions compliment one another so.

Recognizing the problem, I proposed to the team a vote to remove Cogburn from the research team. Prior to this, he'd never said anything about wanting "off" the team for any reason. He had no desire to quit and did not list any problems at all with the team's research methods before this. He was an active member of the team, albeit a bit too trigger happy in running back to his forum to "report back" what he knew with his "inside" connections.

Recognizing the problem (and that it would only get worse), on May 25th, 1:19 P.M., I proposed to the team that we vote Cogburn off of the team in order to protect the investigation moving forward and insure it's success, considering that he's obviously an amateurish loose cannon. Here is my email in full:

"From: "Ryan Dube" <rdube--------->
Date: May 25, 2010 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: Request
To: "cogburn805" <cogburn----------->
Cc: <team email addresses>

Anyway - Deja Vu aside. I'm going to be blatantly honest, just because that's how I am. I don't mean to offend or get anyone upset, but I'm not one to just ignore the elephant in the room - when I see a problem that is going to become a major challenge, I have to point it out.

Bryce, if what you say below is true, then RU has been part of the problem from the first day Steve and I founded it. Security surrounding our investigations leading up to publication is part and parcel to how we've always operated and it's the only reason we've been able to successfully take down scammers like Doty, Novel, etc... Secrecy during an investigation isn't a "problem" - it's a critical component.

The people we're dealing with watch closely for any sign of what your next move is going to be. Any time there's someone on the team who feels the need to publish information in order to prove to people how much he knows - it's a recipe for disaster. Again, this is the very reason we've had to let numerous researchers go - ego and pride takes precedence and that's very dangerous in this field.

I think it's obvious at this point that we have a major problem. Although I'm glad it came up now rather than later.

I vote to remove Bryce from this research team moving forward. If we lose the interview in the process - so be it. Ego is a poison pill for progress in this field. If things don't change now, we will all constantly be struggling with this problem.

Again, I'm not trying to insult or attack anyone - but the importance of this investigation and the guarantee of its future success depends upon building a solid and cohesive team at the very beginning. We have to deal with this now.

-Ryan"

Andrew voted for him to stay.
Steve agreed.
John abstained from voting (but privately mentioned he was having issues with Bryce's behaviors as well).

It was only after the above discussion began that Mr. Ethics started making statements that he was going to quit.

Anyway, that's the insignificant story of Cogburn's role in the Source A team, and so goes the typical path of the Internet drama queen.

Onward to future investigative successes.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby AussieMike » Fri May 28, 2010 6:20 am

ryguy wrote:Onward to future investigative successes.

-Ry

Thats the spirit

You know what they say betray me once shame on you.....betray me twice shame on me.

The 4 people who did such an outstanding job here are the ones standing out
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Chorlton » Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 am

And this spectacularly demonstrates why, since the 70's Ive always worked alone. I got shafted by 3 people in the 70's and will never work with anyone ever again.
Whilst it involves a lot more time and work, you know your work is confidential and not subject to the whims or ego's of others. Unfortunately it also means that some work never gets finished, as my filing cabinet clearly shows.
Then again I'm out of it all now, simply dont care any more apart from just a few strings I will follow up. There are too many morons muddying the water now with utter rubbish, too many people willing to believe anything if a 'face' or 'name' is proposing it and too many people in it solely for the money for my liking.
Last edited by Chorlton on Fri May 28, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby AussieMike » Fri May 28, 2010 8:37 am

edit:
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Fri May 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Think I caught up, with the long comments threads at the blog, etc. I was reading Ed Komarek's article from a day or so ago, and I think the clearest sign of the impact of exopolitics' many silly and insane distractions comes from the part where Larry Bryant expresses anger at all the hoaxers muddying up the waters. With many interesting and unsolved UFO events even currently happening, there's business to do, but it's being ignored in favor of listening to all these self inflated Ambassadors and Missionaries connecting to space aliens.

Haven't explored what the storyline is altogether, but isn't there something in there about Silicon based lifeforms, called the Conformers? Now....if so, that alone should have been enough of a clue, lol.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby gunter » Sun May 30, 2010 4:29 am

hahahaha True, Mike. Only those credulous nutters at OMF would have believed that the world has been invaded by Hortas. I mean-- Gorns, maybe.. but Hortas?
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby AussieMike » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 pm

I know its sunday for most of you, but any news about when the military records are going to arrive ? (its monday here)
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 pm

I think it is going to take a while
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby AussieMike » Sun May 30, 2010 10:19 pm

If your able to say, and forgive my asking but where are they coming from.
I guess what im alluding to is if they are coming from Richard, id be doubtful about the veracity of the contents
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Sun May 30, 2010 10:28 pm

AussieMike wrote:If your able to say, and forgive my asking but where are they coming from.
I guess what im alluding to is if they are coming from Richard, id be doubtful about the veracity of the contents

:D

They are not coming from Richard but I certainly would welcome any cooperation with him
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 pm

And on another note, is it just me or have the OM thoroughbreds gone into complete and utter insanity-meltdown-mode?!

Oh. My. Word.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby AussieMike » Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Wow, The fur is flying over there isnt it ?
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 am

Well, there's something flying over there and it ain't just fur.

It is very interesting to see the tactics being employed in that thread. Misdirection is the biggest, of course. Both JakeReason and Exo are the biggest abusers in that regard and I don't think it's borne out of stupidity, either. Their misdirection is of the type used by those who are in on it and desperately need to keep the intrigue and suspense going at flank speed.

If there was any doubt that Open Minds is an enabler of b.s. and the hoaxer's friend, surely that doubt has now evaporated? You couldn't make it any more obvious if it was signposted and marked with an 'X'!
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Dan is off his rocker...lol
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Exopolitics