Dark Matters Radio-June 23rd

A study of the political relations between humanity and ET

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Dark Matters Radio-June 23rd

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

ryguy wrote:It certainly didn't take you very long to turn from the intelligent and thoughtful Gunter into the nasty and vile "Toon"...but I shall take pleasure in telling Steve, "I told you so."

Nah, it's my fault for suggesting it in the first place... :)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby AussieMike » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 am

Access Denied wrote:
AussieMike wrote:Moebius do some great kits, i have their seaview

I’ll take your word for it, the kit I built (I forget the brand) was in the early 70s.

AussieMike wrote:I collect sci fi models, and its one of my favourite pieces.

Currently Milla Jovovich is my favorite sci fi model. 8)

AussieMike wrote:That and my invisable man action figure, but i forgot where i put it years ago, and now i cant find it........

You know, I can understand a guy playing with a naked Barbie but this I find a little disturbing. :)

Anyway, back on topic… speaking of disturbing, just caught up on the latest posts at OM. I know the conventional “wisdom” in UFOlogy is to blame the “ridicule factor” on the CIA by “citing” the Robertson Panel’s findings (even though they recommended nothing of the sort… but I digress) however I think all one has to do is take a look at the unIntelligence Operation being run there to see the real reason…

Unbelievable… is somebody paying these people or what?

yeah mines a whopping 39 inch's long........

The seaview that is, and i was joking about the invisable man action figure, i cant find it because its invisable :D

Though i do have a pair of first edition 1977 stamped R2D2 and C3PO models, you can keep your naked barbies :lol:

Om resembles a sci fi writers guild now more than it does a serious site about UFOlogy, bad sci fi at that.

I listened to the interview again today, it was as enjoyable as the first listen, good work all round.
The field needs people like you to keep the bastards honest.
Ive just found out stephen basset is giving an exo pol lecture up the road from me two weeks hence........

Its only 30 aussie dollars at the door to get in, so i might go , Ill have to get my MIB suit pressed and my predator 2 sunnies polished, but it might be worth it for a giggle
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:55 pm

AussieMike wrote:...I was joking about the invisable man action figure, i cant find it because its invisable :D

So was I, H.G. Wells’ invisible man wore clothes to avoid that problem…

Yeah I know, don’t quit the day job. :)
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 pm

the intelligent and thoughtful Gunter into the nasty and vile "Toon"...but I shall take pleasure in telling Steve, "I told you so."

So are all views in opposition to the current RU boiler plate now somehow 'nasty and vile' or only mine?
Sorry if my views don't comport with the amen choir, but c'est la vie.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:15 pm

I’ve finally had a chance to listen to the interview (at work, sshh!) and I was impressed.
Great work guys and I agree with Ryan, I could have listened for much longer :)

Shame it wasn't for you Kim, but you can't please everyone I suppose.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:51 pm

gunter wrote:So are all views in opposition to the current RU boiler plate now somehow 'nasty and vile' or only mine?

It isn't just this latest comment, it's the general trend lately. Maybe you just don't like that Murnut and John are now on board here at RU. Maybe you've been drinking too much Amkon KoolAid and hanging with Bryce too much, or whatever - but your approach is no longer fair, balanced and mature as it was when you came back on board here at RU recently.

As I told Steve back then (and yes, for the record I didn't want you back for the umpteenth time), I suspected you were only acting for as long as it took until everyone got comfortable and then reverted back to your old trolling behavior.

Anyway - to keep this thread on task, the theme of the night was the issue of Stolen Valor. If you wanted to hear a playback of the last 50 years of Ufo myths and stories, I suggest you turn on cable TV as they usually have a show on that regurgitates that crap just about every month - complete with the token interviews with "experts" like Stanton Friedman.

For the rest of you who are ready to do things a bit different, destroy the status quo and transform this entire field into something entirely different and better - it's time to finally get it done.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: A Litany of Lies - The Truth Prevails

Postby gunter » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:24 pm

On Murnut and the sauce of revenge
My take on this ridiculous vendetta.

Sauce A, as it turns out, is nothing more than a prankster. That has been well established and there the 'investigation' of him ought to have stopped. I repeat- He is not an ax murderer or a terrorist- he's a prankster and a con. The obsession that Murnut has with utter personal destruction of this guy- now under the aegis of teary eyed uber-patriotic flag waving over 'stolen valor' (as if Murnut himself is a war hero) is truly pathological. And his personal war on the evil doers applies in equal measure to his persecution of the Pickerboyz- up to and including stalking and plotting an invasion of their place of business with MissA in tow to further humiliate them- a personal threat replete with implications of violence.

A little history here may serve to be instructive. Four years ago during the famous board war between RU and OM, which resulted from a similar hoax, Serpo, the foodfight also devolved into a nasty bout of personal destruction and vendetta. In that episode Shawnna Connolly, after endless hours of sweaty googling and prying into court records discovered that Victor Martinez, the mouth piece of the Serpo releases, had a court record for various absurd and somewhat embarrassing misdemeanors. Shawnna immediately published her findings, complete with exhibits and court documents, on the RU forum in an attempt to destroy Victor personally and thereby marginalize whatever input he may have into the Serpo affair. Her hatred of the guy was so profound at that point in time that destroying his life and reputation became not just an option but a moral duty! Remind you of anyone we know? But the story doesn't end there- vendettas rarely do. Next up to the plate- a suitably mortified JakeReason, defender of all things Serponistical. So- Jake, after hours of his own sweaty googling and prying into private information discovered Shawnna's social security number. And with that information in hand he unwound her credit bureau report. Naturally, as do all raw credit reports, it contained some less than flattering information- including a record of divorce, bankruptcy and discharge of debts. This information Jake promptly published on the OM forum's Serpo thread in an attempt to discredit Shawnna and destroy her reputation and integrity. 'How dare she screw her creditors!?' demanded a morally outraged JakeReason. In the end these two people were hurt and damaged personally for no other reason than hatred and revenge borne of an internet investigation of a meaningless ufer hoax. Getting the picture here? None of the information discovered by our googling vigilantes had any effect whatsoever on the Serpo investigation. It was simply mean-spirited backstabbing by two self-important advocates for opposing sides in a fatuous argument over a stoopid internet hoax. I have to give Jake and Shawnna credit for not turning each other into the FBI though. Even those two wouldn't go that far. Neither did they carry their mutual hatred to the point of stalking or home invasion. In short, they were majorly pissed off but not sick with hate. That bit of human restraint is sadly lacking in this current Murnut vs the Sauce A et al vendetta. It is clear that Murnut is prepared to carry on his war of personal destruction until his perceived enemies are not only destroyed- but imprisoned for their great crimes against him and his own personal cult- the Cult of the Indignant Converts (the CIC, pronounced 'sick.')

Well- such is life. As General Striker is so wont to say, 'At ease now men and smoke em if ya got em. But don't steal my valor.'
Unapologetically stolen from here: http://amkon.net/murnut-and-sauce-revenge-t27639.html?p=453063#post453063
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to relevant thread
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:37 pm

gunter wrote:Unapologetically stolen...

“… should any who are not entitled to these honors have the insolence to assume the badges of them they shall be severely punished.” ~ George Washington, 1782

Stolen Valor Act of 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005

"It is a federal misdemeanor offense, which carries a punishment of imprisonment for no more than 1 year and/or a fine; the scope previously covered only the Medal of Honor.

[...]

The Act was first introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives on July 19, 2005, by Representative John Salazar, a Democrat from Colorado, as H.R. 3352. It was introduced into the Senate by Senator Kent Conrad, a Democrat from North Dakota, on Nov. 10, 2005, as S. 1998."
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:44 pm

gunter wrote:
Sauce A, as it turns out, is nothing more than a prankster. That has been well established and there the 'investigation' of him ought to have stopped. I repeat- He is not an ax murderer or a terrorist- he's a prankster and a con. The obsession that Murnut has with utter personal destruction of this guy- now under the aegis of teary eyed uber-patriotic flag waving over 'stolen valor' (as if Murnut himself is a war hero) is truly pathological.

Gee, I wonder what clueless idiot wrote this BS? Well, one thing that is clear about this idiot is that s/he never served in the military. That is certain. Furthermore, one can guess that this person believes that the job the military does is not important, or even necessary, in their minds. Because there can be no other reason why someone would minimize the crime of stolen valor. And yes, it is a crime, just as is fraud.

Murnut did not have to serve in the military to know how sick and truly pathological is the crime and fraud of stolen valor. There are many people who did not serve, but perhaps a family member did serve, and maybe that family member made the ultimate sacrifice. You don't need to have served to know the important contributions made by people who did serve, and did so with honor and selflessness.

No, it is the idiot who wrote this crap who demeans those who serve with their words of minimization for stolen valor, that person is the pathological one. And that idiot should grow-up and stop being a hypocrite. I'll bet this person would be concerned about CIA activities that amount to that of "prankster and con." But this person would not minimize those CIA cons in the same way they minimize the Source A fraud.

Fraud is fraud. It is NOT a victimless crime. It affects the people who buy into the fraud. And the fraudster themselves, when caught, would wish to minimize the harm their fraud did to those who believed.
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Decker wrote:
gunter wrote:Let's hope the show rejects the poison of moralistic indignation that has come to pervade this teapot tempest. But given that our recent convert, Murnut, is on board I'm not about to hold my breath. Screw it. Let's just have a good old fashioned christian lynching. That's way more e.n.t.e.r.t.a.i.n.i.n.g...

Let's see ... Tar and Feathers --- check ...

Public Flogging ... check ...

Christian Lynching ... check ...

That should cover it ...

Decker :lol:

Haha...I missed this...Thanks Don!

Andy
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:57 pm

gunter wrote: And his personal war on the evil doers applies in equal measure to his persecution of the Pickerboyz- up to and including stalking and plotting an invasion of their place of business with MissA in tow to further humiliate them- a personal threat replete with implications of violence.

Are you insane?
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:25 pm

You can't get away with crap like that here Kim. You better explain yourself otherwise you're gone - for the last time.

And yes, I have been keeping up on that thread so I know exactly what has, and what hasn't been said.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Decker » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:43 pm

gunter wrote:
On Murnut and the sauce of revenge
My take on this ridiculous vendetta.

Sauce A, as it turns out, is nothing more than a prankster. That has been well established and there the 'investigation' of him ought to have stopped. I repeat- He is not an ax murderer or a terrorist- he's a prankster and a con. The obsession that Murnut has with utter personal destruction of this guy- now under the aegis of teary eyed uber-patriotic flag waving over 'stolen valor' (as if Murnut himself is a war hero) is truly pathological. And his personal war on the evil doers applies in equal measure to his persecution of the Pickerboyz- up to and including stalking and plotting an invasion of their place of business with MissA in tow to further humiliate them- a personal threat replete with implications of violence.

http://amkon.net/murnut-and-sauce-revenge-t27639.html?p=453063#post453063

Okay, being new here I kind of don't want to jump in and spout off much until you all get to know me. However, this is something I gotta respond to.

I am a veteran, a twice wounded one. (in the former Republic of Viet Nam) I did two tours in SE Asia and had "my bro's" both killed as well as wounded. I don't want to toot my horn too much over this but I know the price that can be demanded for being willing to wear the uniform of your country. Plus, after almost 30 years I finally began to come to terms with my service. If you don't understand that I am not surprised. But ask any veteran what the good ol' USA was like when they came back from Viet Nam back in the 60's or early 70's. We were treated like child rapists by many in the public. Why? Because of the anti-war Left which means those bastards never learned how to distinguish between the WAR and the WARRIOR. We who went were blamed for the war, not the turds who sent us sitting back in Washington DC drinking fine booze and screwing their young secretaries.

What??!? You think I sound bitter? Well Pal, I am.

Now Gunter, are you gonna try to tell me that I shouldn't be pissed off that this phony lock-box wearing (on his nuts) S&M freak had the "balls" to wear a uniform wearing MY FREAKEN' Medals that he never earned, nor ever - ever knew what it took to actually put em' on his flabby chest? That when I see those photos of Thielman wearing those medals that I think of Gary Westcott and Bruce Crosby? What Gunter, don't know them? Well buddy when my camp up on the DMZ got over-run by the NVA on 30 March, 1972 they were in another camp called SARGE on the DMZ and a 122 MM rocket hit their bunker, blew and set off munitions stored there ... that ended up burning for a couple of days. We never did recover their bodies. What to read my take on it? Okay, go here ... http://darkmattersradio.com/?p=152#comments

So, I am supposed to give that F*%$@#@!ing Thielman a pass? Screw em' Amigo. I hope he ends up being Bubba's bitch in the joint ... and when he gets out he will remember next time to not try and steal honor that he couldn't even pronounce much less do.

Sorry for the Rant ... but this crap makes me furious.

Decker
Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything
Decker

Postby AussieMike » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:40 pm

So, I am supposed to give that F*%$@#@!ing Thielman a pass? Screw em' Amigo. I hope he ends up being Bubba's bitch in the joint ...

I completely agree, and for the reasons outlined

i share your outrage 120%

As someone said the other day, at least in prison he will finally be wearing a uniform hes actually earned
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:57 am

Don,

I completely (well almost) understand your rage. I didn't serve - so could never truly understand. But to see the words Gunter posted here from a forum that prides itself upon practicing the "free speech" that guys like you fought so hard to protect - it really does make me sick to see that. Gunter should be ashamed - and the person who wrote it should be even more ashamed. But then....they are free to spout their stupidity thanks to the sacrifices guys like you have made.

If it makes you feel any better - the words he quoted come from a forum filled with guys who sit around all day farting and belching and cursing up a storm, simply because they can. It's sort of like an old bar here on the Old Port in Maine - everyone knows there's going to be a bar fight every Saturday night, so they avoid the place. It's a dump. And the guys who patronize the place are jobless drunks who couldn't keep a real job or hold an intelligent conversation in real life even if they wanted to.

For what it's worth - "Gunter" fits in well there.

I apologize for the hurtful crap he quoted from there - but, again, I just wanted you to be aware of the dump where the idiotic drivel came from.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Exopolitics