A Question for ATS

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Postby Access Denied » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:23 pm

I have a LOT more to say about this (that is assuming anybody's interested lol) and also UA’s excellent assessment (bravo, I concur with a few minor caveats) but unfortunately I’m running short on time at the moment (too many irons in the fire lol). In the meantime however I’d like to quickly point out that the sockpuppet thing obviously is NOT a novel (lol) idea for example…

Ghost Raven Hoax admission - Patently odd
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread289591/pg1

IIRC the OP “Pokey Oats” was curiously banned shortly after this for starting a bizarre (i.e. uncharacteristic?) thread about seeing a UFO in his back yard or something?

[edit to fix code]
Last edited by Access Denied on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby uberarcanist » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm

Go right ahead AD, I've got more than enough time to read you giving a detailed analysis of why I'm right! :lol:

No, but seriously, go right ahead.
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:35 pm

As they say up in Maine - I'm wicked interested...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:24 am

Access Denied wrote:I have a LOT more to say about this (that is assuming anybody's interested lol) and also UA’s excellent assessment (bravo, I concur with a few minor caveats) but unfortunately I’m running short on time at the moment (too many irons in the fire lol). In the meantime however I’d like to quickly point out that the sockpuppet thing obviously is NOT a novel (lol) idea for example…

[edit to fix code]

Id like to hear more about what you have to say mate! I AM interested
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Chorlton wrote:Id like to hear more about what you have to say mate! I AM interested

Sorry Chorlton et. al., my bad. I was working on it but got distracted by recent events... lots of crazy stuff going on behind the scenes right now!

Thanks for the support, hopefully I can get back to focusing on just one thing at a time here in the near future. :)

[edit to add: Yikes, I just realized I'm starting to sound like a bad politcian... like where have you heard that lame excuse before!?] :(
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Re:

Postby JiveTurkey » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Springer wrote:That's simple, none of those people make wild claims...

You see there is a difference between making a statement about email headers (the context of the post you quote above) that make a hoax appear to be genuine and sharing your beliefs and or personal experiences.

None of the people you list are trying to convince anyone that the US Government (or any other "Earthly body" for that matter) is feeding them proof of a cover up or contact with aliens.

Actually none of the people you listed are trying to convince anyone of anything.

When Lear states "he knows something for a fact" he is very clear about that being HIS BELIEF based on his own research or hear say. Just because it sounds incredible and completely daft is no reason for not allowing those who enjoy doing so to discuss it. If the people weren't interested he wouldn't have them interacting with him to the level he does.

When sleeper shares his experiences there is no way to prove or disprove them. That tells most people all they need to know, they don't need a nanny to save them from the horrid things sleeper tells them.

Fact of the matter is, just about every member that enjoys sleeper and Lear's threads has said many times they don't necessarily believe a bloody word of it, but they ENJOY the flight of fancy.

I am done explaining things to you Chorlton, I have much bigger fish to fry and precious little time to fry them.

Why don't you round up a few hundred thousand dollars and build a site JUST THE WAY YOU THINK it should be? It can't be that hard, if idiots like The Three Amigos can do it, right?

Springer...

Wait........

Weren't you guys saying the EXACT SAME THING about Lear after his banning/voluntary retirement???

I'm confused.
Slavery: Get's Sh*t Done!
JiveTurkey

Re: A Question for ATS

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Going back on something said earlier about people posting as Lear, It mught be worth taking a look at the OM thread here, where lear comes out with some rather alarming stuff

http://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/inde ... hread=2957

Alarming stuff like this

John Lear says:
Killing Iraqis is the God Given right of every Loyal American.
Sometimes God needs a little help wielding His Terrible Swift Sword while His Truth is Marching On and it is our duty as Peace Loving Americans to help Him.
God gets a little busy at times trying to sort out all of the injustice in the world and He occasionally overlooks some Iraqis.
Well by God there are those of us who are willing to give the Lord a Hand. And if that means killing and maiming those dirty Iraqis while all we are trying to do is bring them Peace and Democracy then By God count me in.
You are a Great American John Lear. (Thanks, Sean.)
Sponsored by the Friends of the Military/Industrial Complex.

Is that weird or is that weirs? I know a lot of stuff Lear posts is tongue in cheek but this stuff is just.......wrong
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Springer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Knowing Lear as I do, I am confident that is pure "tongue in cheek". I actually agree with you Chorlton, :o that it's still very disgusting and very wrong even if it is only tongue in cheek.

It's along the lines of his "holograms, not airplanes" are what were captured on those hundreds, maybe, thousands of cameras on 11 September, 2001 in Manhattan. He swears he believes that, I think he is just throwing out the most ridiculous, controversial tripe he can for attention. The $64,000.00 question is... why?

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby Quazga » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:52 am

That's easy. Any child who gets attention for a behavior will continue that behavior.
Quazga

Postby ryguy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Quazga wrote:That's easy. Any child who gets attention for a behavior will continue that behavior.

That's a wise statement.

Welcome to RU, Quazga!

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to ATS Watch