The Biggest Lie from Septic Overlord and ATS

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: The Biggest Lie from Septic Overlord and ATS

Postby Zorgon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:32 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote: can I get over in the states here so I can officially tell you your warm beer sucks?

You want REAL beer, buy German :P Its great cold or warm... and can run 14% alchohol and is readily available in the States (Well in Vegas anyway) The "Masters' of Beer :lol:

As a note the Aussie's chill their beer on Dry Ice... have a few of those and walk out into the desert heat WHAMMO
Zorgon
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby yfxxx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 pm

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:
Chorlton wrote:is that before or after censorship?

Do you have an example of you feel was censorship? We don't censor anything as long as the content is within our terms & conditions.

I can oly say that my "goodbye posting" was deleted in its entirety although it was well within your T&C! Springer simply didn't like what I had to say. And afterwards he lied about the contents of my deleted post. Really great "leadership" .. NOT!

Regards
yf
yfxxx

Postby Springer » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:51 pm

yfxxx wrote:
TheSkepticOverlord wrote:
Chorlton wrote:is that before or after censorship?

Do you have an example of you feel was censorship? We don't censor anything as long as the content is within our terms & conditions.

I can oly say that my "goodbye posting" was deleted in its entirety although it was well within your T&C! Springer simply didn't like what I had to say. And afterwards he lied about the contents of my deleted post. Really great "leadership" .. NOT!

Regards
yf

WRONG... We don't allow "goodbye posts" for an obvious reason. THAT's why it was trashed. I see you are still unable to be socially graceful, that's a shame. Civility is truly a virtue mate. ;)

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:37 am

I've suspended johnlear and Zorgon's accounts for the time being while I get this sorted out…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby lost_shaman » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:47 am

Access Denied wrote:I've suspended johnlear and Zorgon's accounts for the time being while I get this sorted out…

I hate that I'm having to say this, but I personally don't see any reason to date for any "suspension" of either account! I'd like to see that action reversed ASAP.

Also considering the past and the individuals involved, including you AD, I seriously think there is a major conflict of interest here. It might just be prudent for you (AD) to refrain from Moderating in certain situations like this one. :|
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby torbjon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 am

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:Do you have an example of you feel was censorship? We don't censor anything as long as the content is within our terms & conditions.

Okay, since you seem willing to discuss certain issues here and not via email or elsewhere, I'll play along.

The entire Fair Skeptics forum was locked and then deleted Presumably due to some things that I wrote:

http://www.torbtown.com/abovetopsecret.html

I only have this information on hearsay as I no longer had access to the Fair Skeptics forum, but I have been informed by someone that I trust that this statement was made by you in the Fair Skeptics forum in response to my data:

"3) You offended real researchers with real credentials, not the intent of ATS nor this group... I'm closing this forum in 24 hours and killing the project. If you want the domain, let me know."

Query: Did you make that statement in the Fair Skeptics forum? If the answer is No then what was the Real Reason for deleting the data contained within that forum?

If the answer is Yes then I have the following questions for you:

1) Why are "real researchers with real credentials" (better / more important / smarter / faster / stronger / etc.) than "real people with real concerns"?

2) Why was insufficient time allowed for the offended party (parties) and offensive party (parties) to get together to discuss and perhaps resolve the issues in a productive / constructive manner?

3) Why were no warnings, U2Us or emails sent to the offending party (parties) informing them of the transgressions they had made?

4) IF I was one of the offenders, what precisely was my offense and how, exactly, did I violate the T&C? (see data set, link above)

5) IF I was one of the offenders, and IF "offending real researchers with real credentials" is sufficient grounds for censoring (deleting) data, then would you please be so kind as to list my research experience and credentials and explain to me why that makes me inferior to whomever it was that decided to get bent all out of shape and throw a tizzy fit?

Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow.

twj

(edit due to time out and funky system glitch by twj)
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:58 am

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:Do you have an example of you feel was censorship? We don't censor anything as long as the content is within our terms & conditions.

Actually there are already a number of examples documented here in this forum but maybe you didn’t know that. There’s a reason why myself, Shawnna, Caleban and many others developed a habit of saving our ATS posts to PDF immediately after posting them. ;)

Springer wrote:WRONG... We don't allow "goodbye posts" for an obvious reason. THAT's why it was trashed.

Is (was) that expressly forbidden in the T&C? (I just checked doesn’t appear to be)

SO stated above that the only posts that get censored are those violating the T&C so there appears to be a contradiction here? Also, what is this “obvious” reason?
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:27 am

lost_shaman wrote:
Access Denied wrote:I've suspended johnlear and Zorgon's accounts for the time being while I get this sorted out…

I hate that I'm having to say this, but I personally don't see any reason to date for any "suspension" of either account! I'd like to see that action reversed ASAP.

Also considering the past and the individuals involved, including you AD, I seriously think there is a major conflict of interest here. It might just be prudent for you (AD) to refrain from Moderating in certain situations like this one. :|

I didn't see anything either.

*shrugs*

Frankly, seems to me suspending people's accounts without any explanation to those of us in the bleachers is a familiar tactic normally associated with the 3 lying manipulative amigos.

*double shrugs*
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby yfxxx » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:59 am

Springer wrote:WRONG... We don't allow "goodbye posts" ...

This is a LIE!!

Here's the link to your own T&C: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread6688/pg1

Please show me, where it says that "goodbye postings" are not allowed!!

... for an obvious reason. THAT's why it was trashed.

The "obvious" reason is that you can't handle criticism!

Civility is truly a virtue mate.

Then go ahead by example and stop lying!
yfxxx

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:49 am

Shawnna wrote:
lost_shaman wrote:I hate that I'm having to say this, but I personally don't see any reason to date for any "suspension" of either account! I'd like to see that action reversed ASAP.

I didn't see anything either.

*shrugs*

Frankly, seems to me suspending people's accounts without any explanation to those of us in the bleachers is a familiar tactic normally associated with the 3 lying manipulative amigos.

*double shrugs*

Fair enough, I explained my reasoning in the other thread so they know what’s expected of them here at RU.

[now for something completely different]

I’m reinstating their accounts on the condition that you two take an active role in moderating them. Let me know when you’ve had enough. :D
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby caleban » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:52 am

yfxxx, your SPAM button is stuck in the on position. Please fix it or we will
have to re-init you.

IgnoreTheFacts made a post on page two of the Wm. Cooper, MJ12 thread that should
be mandantory reading for everyone about now.

lost_shaman, your insite, now already quoted by Shawnna is the center bullseye ring of the target.

Shawnna's added comment is now a crisis identification for the survival of a "higher standard" here than
other boards have. That arrow landed and split lost_shaman's bullseye arrow right down the
middle.

yfxxx and Chorlton are so spun into the ground that they have become hate-spam bots. Nothing
intelligible comes out.

Hopefully, I pulled Ray back from the edge in time.

AD is human, like the rest of us, and has reacted like a power drill. But I know he releases the
anger button and brakes the drill as soon as his logic becomes dominant again.

Besides ITF, does anyone else see what a gift this is ? And it goes BOTH ways. I think Springer
sees it too, but he brought popcorn for the footbal game, since he hasn't figured out how to
use it to the advantage of ATS yet.

Here is the gift. For complete opposites, a direct confrontation should be like matter and
anti-matter colliding. Boom ! But the training opportunity is simply incredible. Why throw that
away ? If a real skeptic is to avoid the stereotype presented by Zorgon, he should be able
to stand his ground with logic, not insults and chest-beating tyrades. Likewise, for John Lear
and Zorgon, what an opportunity if they are not banned but welcomed for the training they
can provide us. We also train them. They gain experiance with the best logic we can throw.
Zorgon has said he swings a mean sword. We should have the talent to make him prove just
how good he can fence with logic.

The only downside I can see is that we start to respect each other. That will never do. It would
taint ALL of our reputations. But I would just love to see that. All of us home team folk immediately
are smoozing with the woo woos, and John Lear and Zorgon start getting accused of being
skeptics in disguise, under COINTELPRO assignment from ATS. What a GIG !
We could sell tickets, standing room only.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:02 am

Access Denied wrote:

Actually there are already a number of examples documented here in this forum but maybe you didn’t know that. There’s a reason why myself, Shawnna, Caleban and many others developed a habit of saving our ATS posts to PDF immediately after posting them. ;)

My point exactly. I am asked to provide evidence when this Forum is peppered with sufficient evidence of censorship by ATS to give even the most illuminated observer serious questions. In Fact Springer himself said, on this forum only last night
"If only you could have said that to John Lear about his theories, you'd still be posting on ATS.
S..." Whooops !! I upset their cashcow.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:09 am

caleban wrote:yfxxx and Chorlton are so spun into the ground that they have become hate-spam bots. Nothing
intelligible comes out..

Which goes to prove what I stated elsewhere about your level of comprehension.
Then again I did read somewhere about people being able to see a flea on someone elses back and missing the elephant on their own?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby yfxxx » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:12 am

caleban wrote:yfxxx, your SPAM button is stuck in the on position. Please fix it or we will
have to re-init you.

Huh?! Who is "we" in this context? And "Re-init"?? Are you a forum moderator and warn me that m account will be canceled? If not, leave it to the mod(s) to decide!

Anyway ...

Here is the gift. For complete opposites, a direct confrontation should be like matter and
anti-matter colliding. Boom ! But the training opportunity is simply incredible. Why throw that
away ? If a real skeptic is to avoid the stereotype presented by Zorgon, he should be able
to stand his ground with logic, not insults and chest-beating tyrades.

I tried logic with Lear on ATS. About as successfully as someone trying to teach a cockroach to play chess. For basically the same reason.

We also train them. They gain experiance with the best logic we can throw.

This is either a funny joke, or you have never tried to discuss with Lear and Z. :lol: :lol: !!!

Zorgon has said he swings a mean sword. We should have the talent to make him prove just
how good he can fence with logic.

Z. fencing with logic?!? I once read a posting from him on ATS, where he committed five blatant logical fallacies in only short paragraphs! :lol:

Dream on! :wink:

yf
yfxxx

Postby caleban » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:47 am

Which goes to prove what I stated elsewhere about your level of comprehension.

Continual repetition works well in self hypnosis. Judging by the look of your avatar, you have it
perfected now.

Then again I did read somewhere about people being able to see a flea on someone elses back
and missing the elephant on their own?

Thats a misquote from the Bible, something you have said you would not read. I could have fun with that using
the very words you use on others but I won't. You are having too much fun with your stuck record.

Oh, BTW, you missed our first class on "what is a sceptic". The spelling is critical to the correct
meaning. You have been using "septic". It is never too late to switch to the correct definition.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch