Breaking UFOlogy news!

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Postby longhaircowboy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:47 am

ATS is irrelevant in the world of UFOlogy.
A site that embraces the likes of John Lear and 'sleeper' yet banishes people such as myself and AC and lose an audience as well surely is a clueless entity.
It was inevitable that the moonbats would rule. George Adamski was the tip-off.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby The Todal » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 am

longhaircowboy wrote:ATS is irrelevant in the world of UFOlogy.

I'd like to qualify that by saying ATS is irrelevant.
I spent a few hours yesterday looking at posts on ATS (I havent the time yet to look at the other forums) and the level of ignorance, stupidity, naievete and pure and simple BS is, to me astounding, only surpassed by the way the 3 Amigos encourage it.
How supposed 'reasonable' people can make such wild assumptions and accusations about things amazes me but this amazement is then surpassed by the supposed 'Scientific' explanations to things made by people with not an ounce of verifiable Bona Fides or credibility which is then sucked in as fact by those with even less knowledge or sense of reason. These purile non-scientific babblings are then taken and used as evidence or proof on other threads thereby compounding the stupidity.
Even the most reasonable of sceptics is pounced upon by those who only see what they want to see or by those who wish to suck up to some non-celebrity.

What is also alarming is the way that ATS attempts to rope people into their 'family' or 'team' by making them feel important. Hence the latest rubbish with the Roswell thing and the idiotic FOI Act thing. The lunatics arent taking over the asylum, they are indeed running it.

But on the side of ATS, its being run as a business FULL STOP. They really dont give a damn about truth, honesty or exposing anything, thats plainly obvious. What they care about is money, feeding and clothing their family and anything else is superfluous to that.
If they really cared about truth over money they would immediately remove people like Lear, Zorgon and shuffle many, if not most of the posts into the 'Skunk Works' section as they are ridiculous even to someone with a relatively open mind. I see in a recent post by Science Master Lear, he's using Bob Lazar as a reference to his crackpot ideas on anti gravity?.

However on a business level they must continue to attract new viewers as its pretty obvious by looking back at old posts that there is nothing new on ATS, merely the same old stuf regurgitated up by someone who then puts his spin on it, and even the most simple minded orf readers is going to see this.Maybe thats the idea behind the FOI Act stupidity and Roswell trip. (Though a free trip and hotel expenses are always welcome eh?)

One of the funniest posts I have seen in my life was this, and I think if you examine it, it explains ATS and the majority of posters to it:

"ET intervention on earth.
This thread is NOT about if aliens exist / dont exist , its NOT about if u think they visit earth / dont visit earth.
This thread is specifically about the questions /debate surrounding their intervention on earth"

' Deny Ignorance' ??? I give up :cry:
The Todal

Postby ryguy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:48 pm

The Todal wrote:"ET intervention on earth.
This thread is NOT about if aliens exist / dont exist , its NOT about if u think they visit earth / dont visit earth.
This thread is specifically about the questions /debate surrounding their intervention on earth"

' Deny Ignorance' ??? I give up :cry:

lol...that little post is Exopolitics in a nutshell. No more arguing about whether aliens visit earth...let's all collectively, as a group, simply "accept" it as true - and go from there. lol

Mind you...some of these people are scientists, astronauts, physicists, etc... It goes to show that credentials don't immune someone from faulty reasoning and delusional conclusions based on nothing more than fabricated evidence and a hope that what they want to be true, is in fact true.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:03 am

[never mind]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby caleban » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:03 am

caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:25 am

caleban wrote:Interesting, no ?

In what way?
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby caleban » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:29 am

I hate having to draw a picture, so lets try this:

From above source:

A drive by Clifford Stone on the X-Files-esque uber-site Above Top Secret to use the Freedom of Information Act to turn up UFO-related documents has led to the release of a fascinating report, HAARP: Research and Applications. It's from the Air Force Research Laboratory and Office of Naval Research, and it lays out the uses the military see for HAARP. Turns out the Pentagon wants some military bang for their buck from the program.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:38 am

Yes, I saw that... so what? I don't see anything earth-shattering about someone submitting an FOIA request on HAARP... seems like a no-brainer.

[my apologies to the tin-foil hat crowd]

Overblown hype if you ask me. :D
Last edited by Access Denied on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby caleban » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:43 am

[never mind]
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am

OTOH it could be interesting in terms of we could be seeing the beginning of a MSM viral marketing campaign taking hold... :lol:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby lost_shaman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:37 am

Access Denied wrote:OTOH it could be interesting in terms of we could be seeing the beginning of a MSM viral marketing campaign taking hold... :lol:

Who needs viral marketing when the CIA has openly influenced the MSM for decades specifically concerning the UFO Phenomena?
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:18 am

But the CIA has no sway in the UK or the EU
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Shawnna » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Chorlton wrote:But the CIA has no sway in the UK or the EU

LOL - I'm sorry but if you honestly believe that, you have very little understanding of how that all works my friend.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:21 am

Shawnna wrote:
Chorlton wrote:But the CIA has no sway in the UK or the EU

LOL - I'm sorry but if you honestly believe that, you have very little understanding of how that all works my friend.

OOOH look mum ! someon who reckons they know something !!

Please state your evidence and lets see if you know any more about the UK services. US involvement in the UK especially with respect to the UFO scene is very very hyped.
They might like to think they are involved which is fine.

Please dont call me 'your friend' because im not. I choose my friends. VERY carefully
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Ah, back to the all powerful US secretly controlling everything. I love that one. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Chort's right, I highly doubt the CIA has much, if any, influence on the UK.

Concerning ATS, I am guessing that Springer had to give in to a little reason and common sense when we just laid down the challenge to both Jose Escammila and Gridkeeper...present evidence or be banned, lol. Oh my, will he follow through?!?

Hard to believe that there was enough skeptics left on that board to even influence such a decision on his part.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch