Breaking UFOlogy news!

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby ryguy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:21 pm

skibtz wrote:p.s. You guy's wont be deleting my posts just because you disagree with me will you? :wink:


No...our only fault is to run nut-jobs off the forum using sanity, logic, and reason. They're always welcome to come back and post more. The only people we ban are troublemakers (forum flamers, those who post redundant and repetitive self-promotional content, or trolls).

If you're an open-minded but down-to-earth sort of fellow, you'll do great here. Posts will certainly never be deleted regardless of how strongly we disagree. We're patriots through-and-through... even if we may not agree with what you say, we'll defend to the death your right to say it.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension


Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby Access Denied » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:14 am

skibtz wrote:I would like to say hello to you all and look forward to enjoying this forum :)

The recent developments in this thread over at ATS indicate that all is not what it seems with these documents.

Welcome to RU Skibtz, this is too good not to repeat…

[from the “Team ATS” thread linked to earlier]

skibtz wrote:
Springer wrote:NOBODY ever said ANYTHING about the "Holy Grail" of ufology...

But you did say:

Springer wrote:I would call it proof of a coverup with ZERO DOUBT. I mean that, ZERO DOUBT.

There are some people that would consider your above mentioned proof to be the Holy Grail in terms of finding, exposing and spreading the truth about extraterrestrials and UFOs.

To which Mark replies…

[after first deleting Skibtz’s earlier EXCELLENT rebuttals to Springer’s sockpuppet “tezzajw” as being “off topic”]

skibtz wrote:
Springer wrote:Since when does "cover up" equal aliens visiting the planet?!

Since you started using this language to describe your documents:

Springer wrote:...these documents only prove that the U.S. Government definitely does have an interest in UFOs despite their proclamation in 1969, they have definitely been lying to the population and we have rock solid PROOF, in their own "hand" (official letters) that they lied to not one but two U.S. Senators about it.

They also irrefutably PROVE that there has been at least one totally bizarre object that came to ground, nobody knew what it was, and it was not, I repeat NOT of this Earth, and it was certainly manufactured or made/built, assuming we can believe what's said in a closed door, secure hearing before a select committee of the U.S. Congress.

The reality is NOBODY is ever going to be incompetent enough to literally write "we met the aliens" or "it was definitely an alien space ship from another planet" in ANY official document.

You have to "connect the dots" between many documents to assemble the big picture.

[snip]

If this has more to do with governments lying to it's people and less about aliens et al, why then is this post in Aliens & UFOs and not in a more suitable, relevant forum such as Political Conspiracies?

I thought we were talking about something that was total proof that the US Government had indeed covered up the fact that they have had interaction with ETs and ET technology.

I apologise for the misunderstanding. :roll:

Classic!

You hear that folks? Mark says he has PROOF this object was NOT of this Earth!

He also says he needs $200,000 to make a video that "connect the dots". Torbjon?

skibtz wrote:I am also very wary of making any more posts that convey my true feelings incase I get booted, banned etc. I have already had posts deleted from the thread in question for defending my right to free speech when attacked by another poster.

Yes I saw that, it WAS a personal attack. Talk about hypocrisy. You didn’t happen to save a copy of what you wrote did you?

skibtz wrote:The fact that I face the threat of eviction and censure renders the act of posting useless. Unless I agree with the owners my voice is not allowed to be heard.

Resistance is futile…

skibtz wrote:p.s. You guy's wont be deleting my posts just because you disagree with me will you? :wink:

What Ryan said. :)

I think you’ll fit in well here having handed both Springer and his sockpuppet their ass. :D
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby torbjon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:58 pm

AD:
He also says he needs $200,000 to make a video that "connect the dots". Torbjon?


I'm not sure what you are asking... 200K isn't really a 'whack' number if that's what you're getting at... Entertainment production is kind of like drugs, it's pretty easy to urinate away massive amounts of money in no time at all... A number like that does Not make me think of "youtube" or online distribution in general though, but rather television or indie film.

Query: where is this comment? Is it a thinly veiled attempt to Solicit funds and/or services from his membership? I've been led to believe that that's a no-no.
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
User avatar
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby skibtz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:41 pm

torbjon wrote:Query: where is this comment? Is it a thinly veiled attempt to Solicit funds and/or services from his membership? I've been led to believe that that's a no-no.


The idea of a Donate button came up and was promptly dismissed. Business/legal wrangles I imagine.

And many thanks for the warm welcome guys :)
Last edited by skibtz on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skibtz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby skibtz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:49 pm

You didn’t happen to save a copy of what you wrote did you?


Nah. To be fair I did get personal and can see how I may have infringed on some of the rules #-o

However, I have asked for the content to be returned minus the offending material as I believe that I made a valid retort to the tezzajw's irrational command to stop askng questions and wait. Other posts get edited by a Mod to remove the offending material - not remove the entire post.

The whole point of a forum is to debate, ask questions and challange the views and opinion of others and even your own.

The complete opposite of tezzajw's demands. It is not even as if he is a mod! Fortunately.
skibtz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby Access Denied » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:00 am

torbjon wrote:Query: where is this comment? Is it a thinly veiled attempt to Solicit funds and/or services from his membership? I've been led to believe that that's a no-no.

Dunno, you be the judge…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread318111/pg31

[from early June of this year]

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid4443365

Smugallo wrote:I think it would be excellent if ATS made their own documentary about this, that would be a great watch! That way they could do what they wanted with it production wise, and be exclusivly in depth.

To which Springer replied with a wink…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid4443602

Springer wrote:Anyone got an extra $200,000.00 for the production costs? :wink:

To which Spinger’s sockpuppet replied…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid4444793

tezzajw wrote:Sorry, no. I could spare $20 or so, but any more and my wife would be stringing me up.

It irks me that there would be some people here for which $200,000 would be small chump-change in the ash-tray of their car.

What better way could someone spend $200,000??? You can't take it with you when you're gone!

Springer is it possible to create a DONATE button on the website to help fund the coffers for an independent production to get those documents out in the open? I guess you would have thought about it before and decided against the messy paperwork, right?

To which Springer replies to himself…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid4447731

Springer wrote:We don't do the "donate thing" here... Way too messy.

We'll decide if we need to produce a documentary or not after we've exhausted all other options (there are several things in play I can't speak about yet that will obfuscate the need for our own docu and the MSM :)) and if we do, we have a very close associate who owns a production company and is also a publisher. :)

Methinks I’ve heard this fairy tale before…

The Emperor's New Clothes
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby ryguy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:04 am

It's the "Imminent Report" tactic. Steve - I told you, you should have Copyrighted the technique... ;)

Springer is such a copycat. First the "Fair Skeptics"...now this... :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby Access Denied » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:06 am

skibtz wrote:Other posts get edited by a Mod to remove the offending material - not remove the entire post.

Funny how your post was deleted for being “off topic” but this one right after it wasn’t…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid4825410

WTF?

skibtz wrote:The whole point of a forum is to debate, ask questions and challange the views and opinion of others and even your own.

Especially your (our) own. A meaningful dialog between opposing points of view can only occur on a level playing field… the playing field at ATS is noticeably tilted.

[pun intended]

The playing field at RU is based on the Scientific Method…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

“Scientific method refers to a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.”
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby skibtz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:51 am

I so dearly would have loved to have posted this on ATS too, however, it would have been deleted and I would have been reprimanded somehow! [-X

One thing that irked me is this:

Original post from the OP with a massive important announcement to share: 129 Flags and 74 stars

A few posts inquisitive posts: around 10 stars

Reply from tezzajw ordering all to stop thinking, cease asking questions and put up: 8 stars

You have to go back 25 pages to find a post that received more than 8 stars - and even then all of those posts were questions about the announcement and suggestions et al.

How is it that, in a forum of highly inquisitive minds, a post telling all to shut up gets so many stars?

The ATS mechanics already know who has starred what post - that is a fact because you can't star a post more than once.

They know!

Bearing this in mind, maybe there should be an clickable icon by the stars so that you can see who exactly is flagging and starring what.

It may be the case that 8 members starred the post at the same time that my post was deleted by the OP, but where is their vocal support. Where are their posts? Why are these members not joining and explaining why it is that we should all stop asking questions all of a sudden?
Last edited by skibtz on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skibtz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby mojo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 am

skibtz wrote:How is it that, in a forum of highly inquisitive minds, that a post telling all to shut up gets so many stars?


A moderator is able to star posts with a multiple star. (2 i think). I know this because a moderator i was friends with starred a post of mine once and it came up as 2 stars, when i questioned him via pm he told me that a moderator could multiple star posts.

skibtz wrote:The ATS mechanics already know who has starred what post - that is a fact because you can't star a post more than once.

They know!


Yes they obviously do know, which is why Bill is loathe to get rid of a handy little tool, no matter that a large percentage of the membership has pointed out the inconsistencies of the starring and flagging system.

skibtz wrote:Bearing this in mind, maybe there should be an clickable icon by the stars so that you can see who exactly is flagging and starring what.


What so everyone would know exactly how many times staff and owners flag and star "pet" threads and posts, lol, that ain't gonna happen.

skibtz wrote:It may be the case that 8 members starred the post at the saame time that my post was deleted by the OP but where is their vocal support. Why are these members not joining and explaining why it is that we should all stop asking questions all of a sudden?


Probably because those same members that starred your post have seen the way other members have been treated when "questioning" board politics.
Your's and their posts would either be deleted or moved to the now infamous "ATS Issues" thread, where all and sundry could debase and humiliate you for daring to question the 2 amigo's.
User avatar
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby skibtz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:49 pm

mojo wrote:Your's and their posts would either be deleted or moved to the now infamous "ATS Issues" thread, where all and sundry could debase and humiliate you for daring to question the 2 amigo's.


The ATS Issues thread is a strange one.

I made a post making a suggestion to improve the reporting of UFO sightings and it was shut down and moved to this structureless thread.

My initial fears were that the thread was designed to lose any criticism of the site due to the thread's lack of transparency which I addressed here - it is the third of my three posts on this page.

It's really disappointing that member suggestions and feedback is given such minimal acknowledgement.
skibtz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby torbjon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:39 am

skibtz:

"It's really disappointing that member suggestions and feedback is given such minimal acknowledgement."

just one of the Many 'safety' issues I tried to discuss with Bill Irvine / Skeptic Overlord here... he was not receptive to safety, quality control or customer service improvements of any kind and reacted as if discussion of such topics was a personal attack. Neat, huh?

Welcome to RU.

twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
User avatar
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby skibtz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 pm

The post has been closed by the OP.

It transpires that I have continuously twisted the OP's words in an attempt to make them fit my own incorrect conclusions!

[-X

First of all, the two quotes that I mentioned were used in the exact context as presented by the OP!

Secondly, and without doubt more importantly, after all the hype, the OP has finally admitted that my following conclusion is incorrect:

The documents are 100% absolute proof that the US Government have lied about the fact that alien technology exists.

In actual fact, and despite all the OP's claims of 100% total proof exposing governments lies concerning ET contact and ET technology,it appears that I was wrong.

Apparently, the documents only prove that the US Government are liars. Did we really need a Big Announcement post to be told that?

Oh well. At least all involved can move on now...

One final observation, if the post had been started by JoeBloggs, after 24 hours of no evidence, the thread would have been branded a [HOAX] and the member banned with immediate effect.

The truth is that the post should never have seen the light of day until there was some real tangible evidence to present to the membership.
skibtz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby Access Denied » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:21 am

skibtz wrote:The post has been closed by the OP.

In case anybody’s wondering, skbitz is referring to this post by Springer locking the "TEAM ATS" Is in Roswell, New Mexico TODAY, 11/29/2007 thread and preventing any further inquiry…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid4867810

Springer wrote:Since it's obvious there are some who lack the patience to allow this to unfold the way it needs to, no matter how long it takes, and they continuously twist my words in an attempt to make them fit their own incorrect conclusions, I have no choice but to lock this thread until there is something to report. I don't have the time to constantly restate the reality over and over again.

And what reality is that one might ask? Mark got pwned?

skibtz wrote:Apparently, the documents only prove that the US Government are liars.

Actually, in this case, strangely enough, even that’s debatable as I pointed out earlier in this thread in this post…

http://realityuncovered.net/forum/viewt ... 940#p14940

[quoting Kevin Randle who has since reversed his position on Stone]

It is necessary here to suggest that the Air Force had been caught in a lie (or misinformation) to Senator Bingaman because the documents were available to positively refute them? We can look at this as a simple mistake, based on the lack of information available to the Congressional Liaison Office and Lieutenant Colonel Madison. It can be suggested that nothing nefarious was going on here. Madison simply wasn’t aware of the classified Project Moon Dust and responded without checking the information, as he should have done.

Actually, it can be suggested the only thing nefarious going on here is UFOlogy’s long and sordid history of deliberately misleading the public.

skibtz wrote:Oh well. At least all involved can move on now...

Yep, yet another other incident of unethical behavior by the management of ATS conveniently swept under the rug…

skibtz wrote:The truth is that the post should never have seen the light of day until there was some real tangible evidence to present to the membership.

True but then Mark would have never had the pleasure of his ego being stroked by sycophants who’ll believe anything you tell them as long as it’s what they want to hear…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Breaking UFOlogy news!

Postby the|exx » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 am

Access Denied wrote:after first deleting Skibtz’s earlier EXCELLENT rebuttals to Springer’s sockpuppet “tezzajw” as being “off topic”


LOL! tezzajw is an Aussie from Melbourne like me. We both at one time or another belonged to VUFORS. I seriously doubt he's Marks sockpuppet as he knows a lot of the faces and names in that organisation... But it was funny to read nonetheless.

I only just read this thread - hence my out of date post. lol!

Cheers AD!
|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
User avatar
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron