John Lear = Crybaby?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

John Lear = Crybaby?

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 pm

"An important message from John Lear to all ATS Members"

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lear/menu.html#NEWS

You don't have to read too much into this to see how much of a crybaby Lear can be. He always liked to claim he was a posting saint and everybody else was attacking him (and not his ridiculous, absurd and retarded theories). He even (if you follow his links) is now coming up with absurd theories concerning ATS to make himself look like he was on to something and the "man" had to figure out how to shut him down. How sad.

He plays the victim quite well, poor poor completely innocent and clean as the wind driven snow John.

Thoughts, comments?
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 am


Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:59 pm

A quick discussion I found on my favorite radio podcast's forum pages:

http://theparacast.com/forums/praise-for-this-forum-t-1606.html

Love the paracast.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 am

Postby Chorlton » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Well it took me about 1 minute on ATS to realise Lear was a fruitcake.
Seems its taken Dame Springer and Skeptic Overweight a bit longer.

Theyve still got the other nutter Marss though havent they?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Postby ryguy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:49 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:Love the paracast.


Yeah - the paracast is a great show...they are fairly well balanced and exhibit a good healthy dose of skepticism and proper questioning on every topic. Not sure if you guys know - but they even interviewed Steve (Zep Tepi) at one point last year (or was it 2006?). I thought Steve did a great job.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Chorlton » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:24 am

What is you chaps opinion of Jim Marrs?
Having taken a look at some of his stuff online I consider him in the same light as Lear
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:47 pm

He is just a foolish as Lear is (or as Lear was, LOL)

However he pretty much doesn't have an audience at all, and I don't intend to even bother with the old man.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 am

Re: John Lear = Crybaby?

Postby Access Denied » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:45 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:Thoughts, comments?

He'll be back. :)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: John Lear = Crybaby?

Postby Springer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Access Denied wrote:
IgnoreTheFacts wrote:Thoughts, comments?

He'll be back. :)


Oh no he won't.

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Re: John Lear = Crybaby?

Postby Access Denied » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Springer wrote:
Access Denied wrote:He'll be back. :)

Oh no he won't.

In that case congratulations are in order! I definitely think it’s a step in the right direction in moving ATS forward.

My only question now is what took you so long? :)

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: John Lear = Crybaby?

Postby Springer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 pm

Access Denied wrote:In that case congratulations are in order! I definitely think it’s a step in the right direction in moving ATS forward.

My only question now is what took you so long? :)

Tom


Why thank you, I think...

Did it take long? He was only back from his last banning barely a year.

It wasn't my desire to see him go (I know you can't fathom that "idiocy" but there it is) in spite of the fact his presence was a pain in my back sides (as witnessed here at RU recently) and generated zero revenue for the company (TAN, LLC) since JL received 100% of the ad revenue in his forum, which was next to nothing on a monthly basis, which also destroys the prevalent, ridiculous theory you lot had as to why we hosted him. JL has a very interesting mind and ATS was a good outlet for that mind and those who were interested in reading his stuff.

The same goes for "sleeper", he had about 300 readers, we could tell that by the unique IP addresses that hit his thread(s), which amounted to just under 300 different addresses. There's no money in 300 people repeatedly loading pages. The ad networks all have "caps", typically "3/24" which means 3 views in 24 hours of any single advertisement is all you get credited for per Unique IP address. Considering it takes 1,000 different people to see an ad to make before we get paid I hope you begin to understand the folly in the assumption of riches being made by his involvement. Based n the total views that thread has, I doubt if it's made a hundred dollars in the whole time it's been up. :lol:

I should add that no matter how you try to spin it, ATS now attracts well over over 15 Million page views, greater than 2.8 Million monthly visits, 1.3 Million monthly, Absolute Unique IPs, and an average of 4,500 new posts a day, JL and or "sleeper" had a statistically non existent effect on traffic and zero impact on revenue. Even when you consider that a year ago when we were only at 1.3 Million visits a month the 5 or 6 hundred people that followed them (then) didn't impact the numbers in any significant way. The one time JL had a direct and significant impact on the traffic was when he did C2C, we got about 12,000 additional visits that day which was very much appreciated but again, a drop in the bucket.

So, I would appreciate an end to the lunacy of the argument JL and or "sleeper" were allowed on ATS because of "all the traffic and revenue they attracted/generated", it's just bollocks.

We are a media company, we are expanding into terrestrial radio next, we live and breathe content on all sorts of topics. We never claimed to be a news organization, we never promised to be a research institute, although we welcome BOTH into the fold. The point is, we welcome everything from wild speculation to hard scientific research as long as it is within the bounds of the TAC.

Complaining about folk like JL and "sleeper" being on ATS is like complaining about "Saturday Morning Cartoons" being on CBS because "60 Minutes" is on CBS on Sunday night.

I hope this has helped the honestly wondering or confused (as opposed to the spiteful, whom I could not care less about helping) among you understand us a little better. :)


Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Re: John Lear = Crybaby?

Postby ryguy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:36 pm

Springer wrote:We are a media company, we are expanding into terrestrial radio next, we live and breathe content on all sorts of topics. We never claimed to be a news organization, we never promised to be a research institute, although we welcome BOTH into the fold. The point is, we welcome everything from wild speculation to hard scientific research as long as it is within the bounds of the TAC.


That's an absolutely honest and accurate representation of ATS. The main reason Steve and I started RU was to have a devoted place for research - sort of a research institute if you want to call it that. But ATS remains one of my own prime sources for what most would call 'raw' data - and the potential for contacts with other researchers, data-collection, etc...it's like a giant Library for paranormal/fringe topics. If you're going to do research, you need a good library. You might not need all the books (heck...you might not need most of the books)....but you need a place to go to gather data relevant to your specific research...and ATS certainly fits the bill.

I hope this has helped the honestly wondering or confused (as opposed to the spiteful, whom I could not care less about helping) among you understand us a little better. :)


Thanks for the clarification Mark. However my own concern has never been really that they help ATS at all with building revenue or traffic....only that providing folks like this with a platform feeds much of the infection that they, themselves, suffer from. But then...as you point out, ATS is about providing content regardless of it's veracity... And that's an important point.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Access Denied » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:48 pm

Springer wrote:JL has a very interesting mind and ATS was a good outlet for that mind and those who were interested in reading his stuff.

This of course is where you and I will always disagree… I don’t see anything “interesting” about JL’s mind (other than as a psychological curiosity lol) and I think it’s socially irresponsible for anyone to give him (and others of his ilk) a “protected” platform to spew his degenerate tripe on the “ignorant masses” from unchecked.

JL should have been allowed to sink or swim just like anybody else on ATS based solely on his own merit (e.g. evidence for his claims, adherence to the TAC, respect for other’s well-formed opinions etc.) and I think most of your more established members determined he was not “ATS material” very early on... as did the UFO community in general nearly two decades ago. :D

An open mind is a terrible thing to waste...

That said, I’m glad to hear those days may finally be behind us. Onwards and upwards and all that good stuff…

Springer wrote:So, I would appreciate an end to the lunacy of the argument JL and or "sleeper" were allowed on ATS because of "all the traffic and revenue they attracted/generated", it's just bollocks.

I can’t speak for anybody else but as far as I’m concerned fair enough… although I take exception with “lunacy” part. :) I don’t see any point in arguing about it and you make a fairly convincing case for your position… that is of course assuming we can trust your numbers. ;)

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your point of view…

Later,

AD
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:57 am

Wow, for once I have actually read all the way through a Springer response and found it riddled with common sense, reason and logic. On top of that, I agree with him.

A sure sign of the apocalypse.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 am

Postby Chorlton » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:57 pm

"We are a media company, we are expanding into terrestrial radio next, we live and breathe content on all sorts of topics. "


Wait.......wait.......... BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

To me your just another grubby little website with grandiose ideas about itself and the pack of three, that collects nutcases quicker than a dogcrap in a kennel. Little better than GLP, and pretty similar to OM.
A website that boots people as soon as they question the sanity of certain cashcows, or upsets some self abusing little twat from Nowheresville USA.

You are successfull because in in ATS you support, encourage and make feel 'normal', the wierdos, the nutcases and the downright ridiculous. ATS does more damage to serious UFO and paranormal research than anything I have ever seen.
The quicker it sinks into the mire it is creating, the better.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Postby sandman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:53 pm

While I enjoyed reading John's post, It was getting very annoying him jumping on people who did not agree with him. Just the Billy Mier stuff was killing me.

He would do his classic "Thank you" for posting then tear into and ridicule your opinion.
sandman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:44 pm

Next

Google

Return to ATS Watch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron