John Lear = Crybaby?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Postby Springer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 am

Access Denied wrote:
Springer wrote:We are growing at nearly 20% a month

Even if you were so what? Who cares how much money you're making off of your users? Have you ever stopped to ask them what they (the ones you haven't banned or who already left on their own in disgust) want or are you just going to keep ramming your ill-conceived money making schemes disguised as an effort to “empower the community” that NEVER pan out (gee I wonder why?) down their throats?

Don’t bother responding… we already know the answer. Anybody who doesn’t kiss your ass is shown the door, anybody who sheepishly recites the ATS “party line” is rewarded, anybody who complains is quickly derided, and any suggestions for improvements are summarily dismissed.

So how’s restoring that find all posts feature coming along? :roll:

What you fail to understand is what makes an online niche community relevant is quality not quantity... and the quality of the discussion on ATS has clearly reached an all time low. It’s become so boring now I probably only spend about 5-10 minutes a day there at most...

You used to be in real estate right? The way I see it you must not have been a very good salesman otherwise you’d probably still be doing it… :P

By the way, in case you haven't heard, OM is presently kicking your ass in gaining nationwide attention in the MSM. :lol:

[smilie=to funny.gif]
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby ryguy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:32 am

Springer wrote:
Feel FREE to start your own site(s) and do it your way and see what you end up with.

....said Goliath to David. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:16 am

Springer wrote:[
[smilie=to funny.gif]

So, springer (one of the packet of 3) being vocally limted to posting a smiley was responded to, thusly

And then sent packing thusly

I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:32 pm

So how’s restoring that find all posts feature coming along?

I did notice that has been missing from ATS for a while now and was pretty bummed about it, as it was a very helpful tool to be able to even find some of my own old posts. I must have missed the hubbub, but did they disable it because it was being used for reasons they didn't approve of?
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Springer wrote:[smilie=to funny.gif]

I can assure you Mark I had much more fun writing it. :punch:

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:I must have missed the hubbub, but did they disable it because it was being used for reasons they didn't approve of?

At first Bill said “someone” was abusing it but then after folks started asking questions and complaining he changed it to a “bandwidth” issue with an indefinite return to service date.

[a totally lame excuse to anyone who's ever done any database programming]

Lear used that feature to his advantage in making Ritzmann look like a total hypocrite.

I suspect it's because they wanted to handicap anyone but staff from being able to easily find out what all someone has been up to... or being able to lookup they're own posts. If “someone” was abusing it then why not just deal with that person? Sounds to me more like a control issue that gives the advantage to hoaxers and liars...

This 9 page thread beating the members into submission about it is hilarious…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread333086/pg1

TheoOne wrote:reply to post by kinglizard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're a supermoderator, and you don't know what's going on?

Can anyone give input to what's going on?

rofl
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:53 am

Access Denied wrote:
Springer wrote:[smilie=to funny.gif]

I can assure you Mark I had much more fun writing it. :punch:

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:I must have missed the hubbub, but did they disable it because it was being used for reasons they didn't approve of?

At first Bill said “someone” was abusing it but then after folks started asking questions and complaining he changed it to a “bandwidth” issue with an indefinite return to service date.

[a totally lame excuse to anyone who's ever done any database programming]

Lear used that feature to his advantage in making Ritzmann look like a total hypocrite.

I suspect it's because they wanted to handicap anyone but staff from being able to easily find out what all someone has been up to... or being able to lookup they're own posts. If “someone” was abusing it then why not just deal with that person? Sounds to me more like a control issue that gives the advantage to hoaxers and liars...

Obviously you don't have much experience in huge data bases that get thousands of queries a second.

The staff doesn't have it either and when our db tech is done with the refinement of the db it will return.

PARANOIA WILL DESTROY YA!.

[smilie=to funny.gif] [smilie=to funny.gif] [smilie=to funny.gif]
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby uberarcanist » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:59 am

Never seemed to give you problems before, Mark! Or was it problems of a more discrete nature? :lol:
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 am

Springer wrote:PARANOIA WILL DESTROY YA!.

If that was so, YOUR paranoia would have killed you years ago, little man
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:50 pm

Chorlton wrote:
Springer wrote:PARANOIA WILL DESTROY YA!.

If that was so, YOUR paranoia would have killed you years ago, little man

Paranoia doesn't kill you. It just convinces you that everyone else is wrong, and you are the only one who has it figured out (and they're all out to get ya). :)

Speaking of which...where's my medicine...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to ATS Watch