BREAKING: JRitzmann quits ATS

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

BREAKING: JRitzmann quits ATS

Postby uberarcanist » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 am

Now, Ritzmann may indeed have moral failings for events that transpired before I was following RU or ATS, I've read a little bit about those but haven't personally investigated these events for myself, so I can't fall on one side or the other of that debate. Nevertheless, in some ways he was the best image analyst ATS had, IMO and he will be missed.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread345883/pg1
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:21 am

So he's leaving because of the dedicated 'believers' ?

Wasnt it ony a few days ago I said people would start leaving ATS because of the stupidity level rising too much?
But also, like I said, the 'Packet of 3' dont care who is on their site so long as they post something, anything, that keeps their stats up.

I consider ATS and GLP to both be on the same level, but at least GLP lets people post decent responcesto the idiots without getting banned.

OM ? I dont think any site can go that low, allowing the likes of Lear, King and Anderson free reign for their delusions, without anyone being allowed to question.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:42 pm

If anyone with half a brain left couldn't see things like this coming they are part of the problem. Best thread ever on ATS....sad that it will get deleted and/or locked in the interest of generating revenue.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby caleban » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:33 am

A song lyric for AD and JRitzmann

"There's a story in my eyes"

Just now read this one. Nothing is quite as it seems. The post
referenced above is extraordinary. This essay on beliefs is
very well done. Hidden between the lines is the "story in
his eyes."

Another song lyric just for AD:

"Except for the names and a few other changes,
the story is the same one." (same as yours, AD).
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: BREAKING: JRitzmann quits ATS

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:05 am

How do you figure?

[it might help if you could elaborate a little more]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby caleban » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:29 am

How do you figure?

I got curious. Boolean search is your friend.
Started simple on google:
John Lear + JRitzmann

But Mr. Grenade is not your friend when the pin gets pulled.

Where I got to probably should not be in public. (even though it sorta is)
If I can figure the new, snazzy PM out, I will send you a link.
If not, I am outdated and obsolete on the new board.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:47 pm

caleban wrote:But Mr. Grenade is not your friend when the pin gets pulled.

Just don't release it until you've prepared your own protection from the shrapnel... lol

Good advice for anyone poking around into "sensitive" subjects. We've definitely learned that the hard way.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:49 am

caleban wrote:John Lear + JRitzmann

Thanks for the PM but I believe I’ve already posted something about that around here somewhere.

You’re right, the similarities are there but it all seems just a little too contrived so I’m not sure if Jeff’s departure creates more questions than it answers…

In torbjon’s honor I haven’t looked at ATS in over a week… have I missed anything?

I wonder how the recoding of the find all member’s posts feature is going? Hasn’t it been like close to two months now? I hope they’re not paying anybody for that… if they are they might want to think about finding a new programmer.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 am

[smilie=to funny.gif] [smilie=to funny.gif] [smilie=to funny.gif]

Please guys... Research, do a google on Ritzmann's blog... there are pictures of him and Jim Deletosso and David Biedny.

My God...

Edit to add: Jeff did NOT "quit ATS" he quit responding to people who don't appreciate his FREE WORK, he is still one of the official Expert Image Analysts for ATS. ;)

RESEARCH mates... BASIC RESEARCH.

It's all there in Jeff's own words, not just on ATS but on his own site too. What is happening on this site?

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:46 am

Springer wrote:What is happening on this site?

Don't worry, nothing's changed. Looks the ride is going to get a little bit bumpy here for a little while though so please fasten your seatbelt while we get the bugs worked out. :wink:

Thank for the tip, I’ll check it out.

BTW, why wasn’t JR’s goodbye post deleted if they’re not allowed as you say? :D
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:17 am

Access Denied wrote:
Springer wrote:What is happening on this site?

Don't worry, nothing's changed. Looks the ride is going to get a little bit bumpy here for a little while though so please fasten your seatbelt while we get the bugs worked out. :wink:

Thank for the tip, I’ll check it out.

BTW, why wasn’t JR’s goodbye post deleted if they’re not allowed as you say? :D

Ummm... Because it WAS NOT a "good bye" post? It was a change of participation post by a Conspiracy Master who was fed up with the ungrateful.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby torbjon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am

Springer wrote:[smilie=to funny.gif] [smilie=to funny.gif] [smilie=to funny.gif]

Please guys... Research, do a google on Ritzmann's blog... there are pictures of him and Jim Deletosso and David Biedny.

My God...

Edit to add: Jeff did NOT "quit ATS" he quit responding to people who don't appreciate his FREE WORK, he is still one of the official Expert Image Analysts for ATS. ;)

RESEARCH mates... BASIC RESEARCH.

It's all there in Jeff's own words, not just on ATS but on his own site too. What is happening on this site?

S...

I did a little research on the jman last year. Seems his biggest claim to fame is his friendship with Biedny. Prior to 2007 he seemed to be a bit of a Star Wars fan and a model builder. Apparently, a model builder who is prone to hoaxing (or, at the very least, a model builder who makes errors, allows the mis / dis information to percolate through the system, and doesn't make any great effort to correct his error *shrugs*)

"Unfortunately, you and many others have been misinformed in this area. The “10 Bootleg Helmet” story is an urban myth devoid of any substantial proof; to the best of our knowledge, the genesis of this myth is Jeff Ritzman from the RPF. Ritzman erroneously claimed that he had a direct copy of the ESB helmet, which has never been remolded, and that it was one of “10 bootleg copies” smuggled out of Don Post Studios. Long after Ritzman's post and still without a shred of evidence or proof, the “10 Bootleg Helmet” myth became prop-lore, misleading many respectable prop-enthusiasts during its proliferation."

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/s ... ostcount=6

"That story seems to have been spun long ago by Jeff Ritzman, who was attempting to impress everyone with a Fett helmet he had which may have been an "unknown" casting like yours."

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/s ... stcount=18

"Come on guys. If there was such a thing as a Champagne Crossbow, I'm sure there would be at least one mention of it (apart from the Jef Ritzman reference) on the world wide web."

http://www.therpf.com/showpost.php?p=27519&postcount=55

(the above quotes were found in five minutes of 'research')

Alla my notes from my previous dig on the guy are on the other computer, but as I recall he also made some fancy 'ax' guitars for sale on ebay, there was a failed graphic design business, an attempt to replicate some Billy Meier photographs which weren't alla that great and didn't seem to impress anybody at the time... just Basic Human Stuff, nothing fancy... struggling artist trying to make a buck kinda thing. *shrugs*

Looks like he dropped outta the Star Wars role playing / fan site stuff for a while then the Biedny/Ritzman team starts to show up.... paracast, ats, etc.

Everything 'positive' about the guy comes up "Jeff Ritzman AND David Biedny" but jman by himself? Not so hot, just a guy with some toys and a good friend who seems to be giving him a helping hand up the ladder.

Do you REALLY want me to dig into the guy or shall we just accept the fact that Currently it's the Jeff Ritzman AND David Biedny TEAM that is hot, and that Biedny is what makes that TEAM a solid asset?

oh, almost forgot...

smiley smiley emotocon emotocon
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:24 am

Springer wrote:Ummm... Because it WAS NOT a "good bye" post?

Really? Hmm…

Thread Title: ATS: Good Luck...

...and I'll be seeing ya around.

I came to the decision today that I wont be actively involved in the message board here at ATS any longer.

So was that a “hello”?

Springer wrote:It was a change of participation post by a Conspiracy Master who was fed up with the ungrateful.

So yfxxx don’t rate?

Springer wrote:Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I don’t think so. So far it looks to me like only your disingenuity and you’re inability to concede a point is my man. :)

Tom
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri May 02, 2008 6:15 pm

I dont know if any of you have read this. If you have I apologise, but I found it hilarious, and I think it should be catalogued here.
Especially on the second page, the bit where Bill Bans Ritzmann. He bans him then Ritzmann leaves some time later.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lea ... iracy.html
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lea ... inues.html
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby torbjon » Sat May 03, 2008 3:39 am

wow, thanks for sharing that Chorlton, I hadn't been to Zorgons place in a long time. They've been very busy over there... too cool.

And ya, Hilarious exchange *grins*

twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to ATS Watch