Welcome to ATS Watch

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Welcome to ATS Watch

Postby ryguy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:31 pm

Springer wrote:Unless of course one believes in some otherworldly ability at deception and manipulation that is. Which evidently you do... There never has been an opportunity for Kit to manipulate a dam thing! :lol: :lol:

DO take care and keep on with your paranoid reality... it will keep you safe from life. ;)

Springer...

Also, I should add that attempting to throw this topic into the "otherworldly" dumpster of mind control and paranormal is disingenuous. This sort of manipulation has nothing to do with anything otherworldly - it has to do with social engineering the likes of which you can see if you watch the movie "Catch Me If You Can."

Some folks have the ability to harness the beliefs, biases, and inclinations of people and use those (on any topic) to manipulate how people deal with "unbelievable" topics moving forward. In other words, manipulating a person to adopt a "wait and see" attitude when faced with the unbelievable will create an entire "new" mindset where that person will adopt the same attitude with topics in all areas. If a person can convince the owners of the largest paranormal forum on the internet that immediately jumping to skepticism and immediately demanding evidence (in any subject area) is an invalid approach - that person can direct how those administrators handle skeptics overall moving forward.

Hence - the 2005 "boom, boom, out go the lights" approach slowly mutates into the Bill Ryan/Project Camelot approach of "suspending judgment...waiting and seeing" which allows those fabricating the stories to have more leeway with less demand for evidence.

There's nothing in this about paranormal, esp, mind-control, or any other idiocy. It only takes a single man who received many years of training in deception (of his own admission, by the way), and who is a genius unlike any other when it comes to social engineering.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:10 pm

ryguy wrote:Some folks have the ability to harness the beliefs, biases, and inclinations of people and use those (on any topic) to manipulate how people deal with "unbelievable" topics moving forward. In other words, manipulating a person to adopt a "wait and see" attitude when faced with the unbelievable will create an entire "new" mindset where that person will adopt the same attitude with topics in all areas. If a person can convince the owners of the largest paranormal forum on the internet that immediately jumping to skepticism and immediately demanding evidence (in any subject area) is an invalid approach - that person can direct how those administrators handle skeptics overall moving forward.

This is the very essence of "creating future intent via information manipulation" that I was hoping elendal's thread would lead to. The premise is that I can guide events and create some future state (of my choosing) by planting information in specific places. It relies on meme theory, but it is so much more. It also forms the basis of true information warfare, not the simple kind of just throwing out meme's and hoping people believe them. Rather, the type of information warfare where the manipulation of information is purposefully directed at achieving some future state in accordance with one's wishes. And I submit to you that Western powers are engaged in this very type of struggle with radical Islamic elements, not to mention China. It is happening all around us, and whether he knows it or not, zplix is a warrior for the side that we in the West would say is our enemy. I would guess that zplix does not know (or would not admit) to being an agent of the enemy... but it is clear to me that he has been co-opted by the enemy. They have applied "unbending intent" to get people like them to view reality in the way they wish them to view it.

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Shawnna » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:49 pm

I also see It happening right in our own backyard with the permanent political campaign mentality leading every move our (the USA) Executive, and to an only smaller extent, Legislative branch of government makes. The era of civil discourse and thoughtful examination of society's issues leading to an informed populace electing political leadership has come and gone a few Presidency's ago.

In other words, the tail is wagging the doggie. And Ry explained what that means quite eloquently a few posts above this.

:P

And with all due respect to Mark, my original comment about being not very bright and possessing a huge ego wasn't meant in any way as a personal slam. It was simply my observation of how he presents himself in these environs.

:winebeingpoured:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Shawnna wrote:I also see It happening right in our own backyard with the permanent political campaign mentality leading every move our (the USA) Executive, and to an only smaller extent, Legislative branch of government makes. The era of civil discourse and thoughtful examination of society's issues leading to an informed populace electing political leadership has come and gone a few Presidency's ago.

Bloody hell I thought we were the only Country in which that happened?

In the UK before a General Election the parties publish a Manifesto setting out what they will do if elected.
Once they are elected, they throw that in the bin making vague excuses and then do their own thing.

I gave up years ago. People say If you dont vote you dont have the right to complain. I maintain by not voting you are complaining. Suppose they had an election and no one voted ?
I think I'll form the 'Abstention party' for all the people that dont vote

OK Im off topic, SHE STARTED IT MISTER !!!!!!!
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Springer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Ryan,

What part of "Kit and I have NEVER DISCUSSED the site's management or the content" doesn't make sense for you?

Your entire theory about Kit convincing us to do ANYTHING, much less a major content management policy decision, would require us to have those conversations. We never have and he would have next to no "sway" even if we did. Kit is a brilliant man in many fields, but running a website and building a media company are not among them. So, I'll say it again, unless you are talking about "magic" it just hasn't happened. ;)

Not to mention, REALITY defies your theory as well. Like I said you really need to go look at the site, it's pointless having a discussion with someone who doesn't have the facts isn't it?

Seriously, this is just nonsense.

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Springer wrote:Like I said you really need to go look at the site, it's pointless having a discussion with someone who doesn't have the facts isn't it?

Seriously, this is just nonsense.

Springer...

I'd say it is pointless having a discussion with someone who fails to even see the reality of what has transpired right under their own nose.

:roll:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Springer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:35 pm

Here's what the membership of ATS is doing lately...http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single/4451671.html This is in the [HOAX]Drones[HOAX] thread... That's truly the attitude in the A/UFO forum and it's why we have people like David Biedny and Jeff Ritzmann, to name but a couple, "on board" to destroy the hoaxed images at least.

@Shawnna, your last comment is just ludicrous. I mean it is simply ludicrous. I point out the FACT that your paranoid dreams of Kit are pure fantasy WRT ATS and now you tell me that it happened under my nose (even though the possibility for it to have happened never existed )and I just missed it. :lol:

PLEASE...

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby ryguy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:25 pm

She means you failed to understand my post, and the posts of Ray and hers subsequent to it. No one said you and Kit specifically discussed ATS management.

My god, I hope you're just pretending at being obtuse and you're not seriously this numb...

Nevermind, I'm sure it's my fault for not being clear. I'll spell it out in a follow-up post with more specific information.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:56 am

ryguy wrote:She means you failed to understand my post, and the posts of Ray and hers subsequent to it. No one said you and Kit specifically discussed ATS management.

Perhaps Mark thinks he is too smart to fall prey to anyone's manipulation, much less Kit's. Let me just say that we are ALL subject to it, even me and I consider myself fairly well-schooled in advanced information theory topics. But I am certainly nowhere near the level of knowledge that someone like Kit would have, given my strengths are not in biological systems, neurophysiology or psychology. Let's put it this way Mark, and hopefully you won't see anything to disagree with:

With ATS being the "big fish" in internet conspiracy sites, you are a lightning rod that not only attracts the nutters who would believe anything if it fit what they wanted to hear, but you also attract the hoaxers...the ones who use information to either get their jollies or just plain snow people, for any number of intentions. Such an environment can and does have many possibilities for playing intel/info games, or even conducting information warfare of sorts.

Ever check to see if any IPs to ATS come from China...as just a start? Do you REALLY know all players playing in your cyberplayground? Or do you even know for sure someone like Kit's motivations (intentions) for telling you anything?

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:44 am

Springer wrote:Here's what the membership of ATS is doing lately...http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single/4451671.html This is in the [HOAX]Drones[HOAX] thread... That's truly the attitude in the A/UFO forum and it's why we have people like David Biedny and Jeff Ritzmann, to name but a couple, "on board" to destroy the hoaxed images at least.

@Shawnna, your last comment is just ludicrous. I mean it is simply ludicrous. I point out the FACT that your paranoid dreams of Kit are pure fantasy WRT ATS and now you tell me that it happened under my nose (even though the possibility for it to have happened never existed )and I just missed it. :lol:
PLEASE...
Springer...

Thats your problem. Both you and Septic miss everything.
What Shawna said made the point quite well. But you missed it. AGAIN !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:46 am

ryguy wrote:She means you failed to understand my post, and the posts of Ray and hers subsequent to it. No one said you and Kit specifically discussed ATS management.

My god, I hope you're just pretending at being obtuse and you're not seriously this numb...

Thats the problem, both he and Septic are showing definite signs that way
Nevermind, I'm sure it's my fault for not being clear. I'll spell it out in a follow-up post with more specific information.
-Ry

You were clear Ry, I suspect everyone understood what you were saying.......except the Wusses

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby the|exx » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 am

ryguy wrote:
Hence - the 2005 "boom, boom, out go the lights" approach slowly mutates into the Bill Ryan/Project Camelot approach of "suspending judgment...waiting and seeing" which allows those fabricating the stories to have more leeway with less demand for evidence.

Very true ryguy, very true!

The wait and see approach is one of the things driving me rapidly away from that site. Here is a case in point that went well beyond a joke.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread440570/pg1

Wait and see = Sensationalized (and obviously bogus) thread guaranteed to promote discourse amongst members = hits = cash. This type of intellectual dishonesty is transparent to all but the ignorant, and let's face it, that's ATS's target audience. [-X

the|exx :twisted:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 am

Well folks, that was fun…

Exactly one year ago last week I started the “ATS Watch” forum with the goal stated in this first post of this thread. One year later I’m not sure what if anything was accomplished… that is besides discovering several of my comrades were people I never really knew in the first place… but that’s a good thing.

Such is life on teh internets…

Anyway, one thing I am sure of is the current owners of ATS® and the majority of the membership are absolutely 100% positive their $HIT™ don’t stink and I’m sick of smelling it so I’m returning this forum from whence it came…

The Latrine

8)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to ATS Watch