ATS Banning Practices?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

ATS Banning Practices?

Postby Chorlton » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:23 pm

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:"ATS Watch"
Interesting.

Seems as though no matter what we do, the body of odd material about us continues to grow online. If there can be civil exchanges, I'm willing to do my best to clarify the misconceptions and answer some questions (as time allows).
Questions?

Maybe when you pull your collective user driven fingers out of your collective user driven rear ends, stop making yourselves out to be something you are not, and stop encouraging the idiotic delusions of weak minded fools, and allow actual debate that is not subject to the bigotry, prejudice and censorship of Springer and your rabid mods and allow sceptics as much leeway as you do 'believers the 'body of odd material' might slow.
But I wouldnt hold your breath.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Welcome to ATS Watch

Postby TheSkepticOverlord » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Was there a question in there?
TheSkepticOverlord
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:43 pm

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:Was there a question in there?

No dear, just a statement of fact.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Springer » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh wow... This is going to be more fun than Footbal (British or American style), Chorlton, A.D. and John Lear all in the same room.

This is pure evidence that we are doing it right, BOTH sides hate us. ;)

Carry on and thanks for all the fish.

Springer...
Springer

ATS Banning Practices

Postby TheSkepticOverlord » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Chorlton wrote:No dear, just a statement of fact.

Hrm... not sure about that. There are many skeptics enjoying a long stay on ATS. Do you have any specifics that would be worthy of discussion?
TheSkepticOverlord
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:
Chorlton wrote:No dear, just a statement of fact.

Hrm... not sure about that. There are many skeptics enjoying a long stay on ATS. Do you have any specifics that would be worthy of discussion?

No I dont really need to discuss anything with someone who cant see the faults in his own website or who deliberately ignores it. Nothing I say is going to change your mind one bit.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Springer » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Chorlton wrote:
No I dont really need to discuss anything with someone who cant see the faults in his own website or who deliberately ignores it. Nothing I say is going to change your mind one bit.

If only you could have said that to John Lear about his theories, you'd still be posting on ATS.

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby TheSkepticOverlord » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Chorlton wrote:Nothing I say is going to change your mind one bit.

Okay then... you had your chance.

Next?
TheSkepticOverlord
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby caleban » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:02 am

No I dont really need to discuss anything with someone who cant see the faults in his own website or who deliberately ignores it.

Biased assumptions lead to biased conclusions. Biased conclusions lead to biased assumptions.
Pick one and stay with it, Chorlton.

Nothing I say is going to change your mind one bit.

And saying nothing will accomplish what ? Reminds me once again of your
highly annoyed state when you recieved that talivan speeding ticket. At some
point, you will have to take a good look in the mirror and realize where the
problem is.

Next?

My turn for one. (A two part thing). I do not have a dog in the hunt, so this is more of a business
venture type question.

When something becomes a growing business, risks must be taken to continue
the venture. Usually, risk assessments are made to limit the degree of risk. Most
businesses limit the risk level to 20 percent or less. I see ATS is taking a risk
now that I suspect is well over the 20 percent limit. Why ?

To further explain, ATS has recently begun a process of moving drug discussing
threads into RATS instead of dumping the things. While most such posters
cannot then access their thread, the RATS members can. The appearance is that
RATS is becomming a red-light drug district.

The "why ?" question is the first part of a two part question.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Springer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:30 am

Hi caleban I'll take that one. RATS is beyond the purview of the search engine and the "Net Nanny" spiders. The fact remains that there are many deep and possibly true conspiracies that involve drugs, government agencies and organized criminals.

In an effort to accommodate the FEW who truly wish to discuss these potential conspiracies without it turning into a "stonealog" (i need to TM that word) we limit the discussion to RATS. The idea being that there is no risk from a business/revenue perspective and hopefully the members who manage to hang around long enough to get RATS access "get it" and should have a place to discuss the topic.

Make sense?

Thanks for trying to be the voice of reason round here the past few weeks, it is appreciated by yours truly to no end. :)

mark...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby TheSkepticOverlord » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:04 am

caleban wrote:I see ATS is taking a risk now that I suspect is well over the 20 percent limit. Why ?

Any business that is only risking less than 20% is a business that will soon fade in one way or another.

For example, IBM at one point stopped risks almost completely, and very nearly fell off the face of the earth. As soon as risk became part of the corporate culture again, they regained new dominance in new areas.

caleban wrote:The "why ?" question is the first part of a two part question.

We've also hoped that we can have meaningful discussions that involve topics about personal drug use. No so much in topics that merely focus on how cool it is to take drugs, but about the numerous and complex issues *** and conspiracies *** that are part of the "War on Drugs." The test in RATS is to see if our user-base has matured to the point where we can have a comfort level of tolerating drug-related threads without concern that the topic will degrade. Longer-term, we anticipate ATS will grow to the point where our critical mass of traffic and users is no longer a concern for website filtering systems that would flag sites with drug-related topics... when that happens, we hope to be able to get into some serious and productive discussions.

Make sense?
TheSkepticOverlord
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby caleban » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:12 am

Make sense?

Yes and no. (To both of your replies, and thank you for that.) I need to absorb
both views for the follow up. Real food for thought.

Processing..........
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:21 am

Springer wrote:
Chorlton wrote:

If only you could have said that to John Lear about his theories, you'd still be posting on ATS.

S...

So you now admit I was banned from ATS because of what I said and not how I said it?, which was your original statement. Please make up your mind. Your admission of me being banned because of what I said proves you do not want hardline sceptics.
Case proven

Next !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:34 am

caleban wrote:
No I dont really need to discuss anything with someone who cant see the faults in his own website or who deliberately ignores it.

Biased assumptions lead to biased conclusions. Biased conclusions lead to biased assumptions.
Pick one and stay with it, Chorlton..

I see you seem to have a problem with comprehension. Allow me to explain. If someone is in the middle of a rain shower and despite the fact that everyone tells him its raining he totally ignores it, is it really worth one more person telling him its raining?

Nothing I say is going to change your mind one bit.

And saying nothing will accomplish what ? Reminds me once again of your
highly annoyed state when you recieved that talivan speeding ticket. At some
point, you will have to take a good look in the mirror and realize where the
problem is.

SIGH !! I see your comprehension is amazingly low. Nothing I say to SO is going to alter the state of his mind in relation to the problems I and others see with ATS. Now your understanding of Talivans is also exceedingly low. You seem to leap to conclusions without looking at the reasons.
Let me explain. I got clocked speeding. I wasnt speeding. I categorically know that. But speeding is an 'absolute' offence, whereby, contrary to UK law, if caught speeding you are guilty untill proven innocent. Talivans use the notoriously dodgy LTI 20-20 speed camera, a unit that is so bad it is banned in many states of the US. But in a UK court of law, I simply cant PROVE I wasnt speeding and magistrates are more likely to believe a dodgy speed cam because it makes millions for the councils and police forces. I wasnt speeding, I know that 100% because the second I saw the Talivan I looked at my speedo, just on 50 MPH in a 60 limit. But I cant prove it. Now does your braincell comprhened why I was pissed?
Next?

quote]

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby TheSkepticOverlord » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Chorlton wrote:Nothing I say to SO is going to alter the state of his mind in relation to the problems I and others see with ATS.

You'll never know unless you try will you.
TheSkepticOverlord
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Next

Google

Return to ATS Watch