Touching On a Few ATS "Issues"

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Touching On a Few ATS "Issues"

Postby pierreletrek » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:37 am

What is lacking in this world are balls yes balls! Zorgon gave me this info and he aint stood up for one thing with me. Got me banned. I dont mind being banned if its the truth but its time Z came out of his ivory tower me thinks!

Maybe Zorgon used me to get stuff out maybe its truth,,,,,thats ok!

Name and shame or name and game!

I,m willing to share the info I was given if i have to.

Cant be a legal issue as it was passed to me.

PLT
pierreletrek

Postby ryguy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:49 am

Let's do it then.

Contact me via email - ryguy--@--realityuncovered.com (remove the dashes, I added those to mess up spam-spiders).

Or contact me via PM. Let's see the goods and we may help you out with our own guns, if the occasion, and justice, calls for it.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby pierreletrek » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:08 am

hope you got my mail. And hope Zorgon aont pissed with me! but its pay back
pierreletrek

Postby pierreletrek » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:21 am

Hello

dropped the things tried to send you a mail whats goin on..... give me another email all the info is yours
pierreletrek

Postby torbjon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:00 am

pierreletrek:

curious about the data but it's rather moot...

A reason (maybe not THE reason, but A reason) for terminating your ATS account is that you posted information by proxy (for Zorgon, correct?)

IF your post contained a link to one of their "no no" web sites then that could be a reason for termination too.

It's whack, I know, but it's T&C clauses they might use as reasons for banning you *shrugs*

To you and Bibliophile:

Clearing all of the cookies out of your computers Might let other users access their ATS accounts... it's worth a try if you haven't already.

This type of thing (entire households) being banned because of the actions of One household member is one of the many ATS Safety Issues some people here are concerned about and I thank you both for sharing your experiences here.

twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Bibliophile » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:25 am

torbjon wrote:pierreletrek:
Clearing all of the cookies out of your computers Might let other users access their ATS accounts... it's worth a try if you haven't already.

There are other members of our family who have established accounts with ATS. They have confirmed our banned status by looking at our profiles.

As I wrote earlier, ATS is no longer worth the effort. Thanks for the advice though.
"When a true genius appears, you will know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift
Bibliophile

Postby pierreletrek » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:12 am

I was very careful not to include data that would point the finger at anyone else. It was a basic post of the info I sent you! This is what makes me curious.
pierreletrek

Postby ryguy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I don't get it, there isn't anything that should be constituted as worthy of banning, except possibly the posting of other forums. As I said to you via email, they might have suspected that you were trying to solicit for members for RU. And as we've seen, from Torb's questioning of them in the other threads, they don't typically wait to see if what they suspect is true. They ban first and ask questions later. Or just ban first and screw the truth.

Best,
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby mojo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:18 pm

TheSkepticOverlord wrote:
Shawnna wrote:Now isn't it interesting that the 3 amigos take exception to ANYONE connecting with each other offline?

It has nothing to do with your false assumption, and everything to do with the privacy of our members.

Back in 2004 and early 2005, we were hit rather hard with a few individuals and groups who were actively attempting to cultivate the email addresses of "like minded" members through private messages. As it turned out, at least one had ill-intent, and two others were most-likely well-intended, but spooked a few members nonetheless. Since then, we've had a strict policy in within our Terms & Conditions that expressly prevents members from such activity.

We know lots of members make personal connections and friends via ATS... and that indeed is a technical violation of the letter of that portion of our Terms & Conditions. However, we tend not to enforce this particular item unless we receive complaints of this nature (we typically get complaints of at least one person every 6-9 weeks who is attempting to get off-site contact information from members via U2U).

Bold is my emphasis above.

This from ATS when the new member profile section was launched.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread271944/pg1

Today we're finally launching a much anticipated new feature for ATS that has been the one lacking item in our long list of free member services, integrated social networking. All members -- regardless of status, post-count, or term of membership -- are assigned a new extended profile with features similar to the popular "MySpace", but refined with a few unique features for AboveTopSecret.com

What is staggering to me is that you admit that social networking has caused you some issues in the past yet you actively encourage the cultivation of said networks amongst your members.
Haven't you actually made it easier for individuals and groups to cultivate "like minded individuals".
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 am

I agree Mojo, doesn’t make sense… especially when you consider in this very forum Bill stated the percentage of banned members is so low as to be insignificant in his opinion.

If that’s the case then what’s so significant about a few “like minded” members being “cultivated” or whatever anyway?

What are they afraid of?

What were they being “cultivated” for?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Long Lance » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum and the reason why i'm here is one of banning, especially in conjunction with global ignore ie. deletion or blocking of ALL of a members posts, because of one real or imagined violation at one time.

i saw this from time to time, when quotes contained material of vanished posters and was concerned that much interesting material might have gone down the drain. note that i'm not here to lament about censorship or the reasons ATS does it. i have no idea whether this is policy or individual zealotry either, but a combination is very likely. the point of hte exercise is that i *think* i know what gets people banned.

there are certain issues, which may appear well known, but haven't been articulated very well most of the time or are relegated to 'nut-case' territory, which seem to infuriate certain people with banning authority on the boards. many of these are in the medical field, but i presume sensitive aspects can be found in any topic, it depends where your focus of interest lies, therefore i have seen it more in the medical issues section than anywhere else and even had a thread deleted with the reasoning that h2o2 was mentioned (note that the thread wasn't even focusing on peroxide, but witchhunts against of 'alternative' treatments, low dose h2o2 being just an example), even got a private message about it, so i consider myself lucky.

Content alone does not seem to make that much of a difference, because i've seen people banned for posting this:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread188904/pg1

while i'm still here, same of 'Excitable Boy'. the only conclusion is that if your style does not appeal to somebody, you'll be offed soon enough. what it really is about is hard to tell and the motivation probably varies. in this case, XanaX's (the guy who posted an eariler Vitamin C thread) posts remained afloat for the most part, minus his last thread, of course.

i also noticed a few months ago, that as a result of constant reconstruction, post search was severely limited, while a poster's threads could easily be reached. combined with the star&flag as opposed to WATS system, the picture gets clearer, people are supposed to 'own threads' and isolated posts don't even count, ie. it's no longer so much about content, but rather social standing among forum members.

it's not a stretch of the imagination that similar considerations will get people banned and completely erased, no matter how legit prior contributions were, because these become irrelevant anyway, once the poster is gone, once his/her 'rank' can no longer change.

the most recent example, which prompted me to post here is Solo1's, who posted the YT video

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_ ... scS8yBp2F8

in the ATS survival section and was subsquently post banned, put on global ignore and reduced to private messages, while remaining active in the members list. i take it as an evaluation period, until some of the higher ups (whever they are) can decide to ban or redeem (imho not all that likely) him.

no matter how biased the video is, or alarmist, i don't see how T&C were violated in such a way that more than a mod's removal of the link with explanation were required. i'm personally reluctant to raise the issue on ATS itself because a) i would most likely change things for the worse and b) get myself banned and all my previous posts erased from the forum, for nothing. tbh, since anyone can read this post, i'm probably risking just that right here and now.

PS: the YT video has been restricted to subscribed users only. since the thread remained active for only a few hours at the most, with 3 replies and maybe 100 views, i take it the ATS staff asked YT to do that. if you have an account, you can see for yourself if that move was justified. this observation also jives very well with links vanishing into thin air or going dead in the water (404) after posting. i always thought lurkers and robots did that, but i guess there's more. in this frame of mind, 'cointelpro' or whatever you want to call it no longer sounds that absurd, does it?
Long Lance

Postby Bibliophile » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:24 pm

Long Lance ~

What was the objection to the video? Did he make comments in support of white supremacy, or was it just the content of the video? If it was in the Survival forum there should not have been any objections.

Personally, I do not think information should be censored. People should always be allowed to form their own opinions based on what is presented to them whether the content is appealing or not.
"When a true genius appears, you will know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift
Bibliophile

Postby Long Lance » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 pm

i don't know what the objection was, noone told anyone, one poster before me immediately asked why he posted a video from stormfront (? white supremacy group i'd wager ?) if he isn't racist, but no direct accusations or threats.

next thing i know the thread is listed as trashed and Solo1's posts are all gone. as i said, i really really doubt that last thread was the cause, he is still able to contact me via u2us, though (post banned?) and believes that a few links he posted about the theory that the USA (and pretty much all nations) are in fact corporations, i even have a few of his links bookmarked, see f-ex.

www.efm.bris.ac.uk/het/davisjoe/corps

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/LawAndG ... tional.pdf

wrt your question: no he never said anything about the topic of race itself, just that he felt that many people will die violent deaths because of these developments and that we should prepare, somehow.

normally, you get warned, your post deleted, at max, with a mod quote in it. i've seen people banned quickly and for no visible reason before, it's complete post deletion which is apparently rare, which bothers me. why erase the poster's history? if it's well within the T&C...

the motivation is different, it has nothing to do with the stated goals of ATS and i can recall cut-up threads as old as 3 years or more, so it's not a new phenomenon either.

dangerous topics, i gathered, include but are by no means limited to:

alternative medical treatment

anything WW2, particularly holocaust-related

electronic mind control, of the verifyable kind, like the works of José Delgado

supressed technologies

alternative energy in particular

but you can post about any of these 24/7 and not run into any issue, can say lots of either weird nonsense or interesting, useful and verifiable information and nothing happens, while the next guy gets banned. in the case of 'holocaust denial', even talking about the topic is dangerous, as i had to find out, even if you try to dissuade denial. so it's not like there's any easily discernible system behind it. what i've noticed, though is that stying low-profile does seem to help your odds, but people who do that will eventually get frustrated and leave, understandably, of course.

PS: if i were you i'd check six and beware of the same people gaining influence over this forum - they are most certainly already scrutinizing it.
Long Lance

Postby Chorlton » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Long Lance wrote:PS: if i were you i'd check six and beware of the same people gaining influence over this forum - they are most certainly already scrutinizing it.

Scrutinising it? Oh Yes. I suspect this forum is the first thing both Sprinkler and Septic Overweight look at every morning (after checking their bank balance, of course). They lost their nuts and both bottled out of any further discussion several weeks ago with their respective tails between their legs, after both refusing to answer direct questions aimed at them. [-o<

However, I doubt anyone would gain any 'influence' over this forum, as unlike ATS this forum has people from many countries. The benefit here is that one person or group might see something the others dont. Theres also a LOT of ATS banned people here, who just might notice similarities in style [-X .

Anyway, you havent got access to a windtunnel, have you? :twisted:
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Long Lance » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Chorlton wrote:
However, I doubt anyone would gain any 'influence' over this forum, as unlike ATS this forum has people from many countries. The benefit here is that one person or group might see something the others dont. Theres also a LOT of ATS banned people here, who just might notice similarities in style [-X .

Anyway, you havent got access to a windtunnel, have you? :twisted:

nah, just let down your guard and give it time. once things start to suck, we'll end up on RUwatch, again run by the same people, but much better in the beginning. it's called the cylce of life i think - or maybe just the life cycle of forums.

PS: windtunnel? err no, i changed my cooling fans to low noise in 2002. btw, what for, at the risk of looking dense as lead?
Long Lance

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch