TORBTOWN Summations

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

TORBTOWN Summations

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:50 am

Torbjon, our resident starving playwright, has created this entertaining summary of one of our ATS Watch threads on his website here…

http://www.torbtown.com/library/summations.html

[please click on the above link to see the original formatting]

TORBTOWN Summation Take One

OUT OF CONTEXT AND EDITED FOR TELEVISION
JUST READ THE FREAKING THREAD FOR THE
REAL BORING STORY.

The Biggest Lie from Septic Overlord and ATS

SETTING
A smoky virtual room in the back of your virtual mind.
People drift in and out.

LIGHTING
Bright enough to easily see everything.
Dim enough to easily ignore everything.

ACT ONE
-------------

CHORLTON
I spilled my tea again this morning when reading this pile of excrement ejaculated by a certain Septic Overlord on the fantasy ATS site.
"the star was, is, and always will be the material our members create"
Errrrr... is that before or after censorship?
(spills his tea again)

ZORGON
My such anger about making a buck or two
But if that bothers you... you are simply going to LOVE this one...
The ATS Merchandise Store is Open for Business!!!
So lets see now... 12.99 each times 647,543 members = $8,411,583.57
Now toss in a hat and a t-shirt...
Yup...
KACHING as you say

SHAWNNA
And with this new ATS-featured section of RU, they now have a FREE opportunity to advertise their wares.

YOU CAN CALL ME RAY
In America, we spell it as "CHA-CHING".

ACCESS DENIED
Mongo say money good, snakeoil salesmen very very bad.

CHORLTON
Zorgon my distaste for ATS is as nothing compared to the distaste I feel towards the pile of unmitgated rubbish you posted on ATS, and your pathetic encouragement of the ignorant in pursuit of your nefarious claims.

IGNORE THE FACTS
Where's the RU store? I wouldn't mind a coffee mug or something. Or a shot glass.

ZORGON
Hey nice to see you too, Chorlton. How's that warm beer these days?
I posted this question to skeptic overlord... to just point me to ONE UFO report that they considered 'valid' His response was "The O'hare Incident"

TORBJON
S.O. really said that, huh?
As Nola would say, "that's hilarious"

YFXXX
After another several week long period of absence, I come back again for some casual reading ... and have to find out Zorgon ist here! Zor-"would-find-'anomalies'-in-close-up-photos-of-his-own-arse"-gon?!?

CHORLTON
(to zorgon)
OOOOOh look, an old insult wheeled out yet again by someone who doesnt even know that REAL beer, the naturally fermented living type, is supposed to consumed at room temperature.

IGNORE THE FACTS
Chort, you drink warm beer? eeewwwwww........

CHORLTON
No I drink beer at cellar temperature, the way it is supposed to be consumed.
Its also worth noting that a Pint of properly brewed real beer is as good for you as 2 eggs.

IGNORE THE FACTS
O.K. I'll try it your way, only since you convinced me it was good for my health with the two egg shenanigans.
(laughs)

THE SKEPTIC OVERLORD
(to chorlton)
I'm wondering why you think what I said was a lie. Care to expand on that?

CHORLTON
Read what I posted. The answer is there.

THE SKEPTIC OVERLORD
The opening post wasn't real clear.

CHORLTON
Okay.
You posted:
"the star was, is, and always will be the material our members create"
And I posted:
Errrrr... is that before or after censorship?

THE SKEPTIC OVERLORD
Clearly, it seems as though one or two events have pissed you off, let's start with that. Can you provide maybe two or three threads you believe are excellent examples of what you're talking about?

CHORLTON
Nope.
It would seem that you wish to lead me around on a rope. That isnt going to happen.

THE SKEPTIC OVERLORD
Do you have an example of what you feel was censorship? We don't censor anything as long as the content is within our terms & conditions. A specific example would be exceptionally helpful.

ZORGON
(blurting)
You want REAL beer, buy German! Its great cold or warm... and can run 14% alchohol!

YFXXX
I can oly say that my "goodbye posting" was deleted in its entirety although it was well within your T&C. Springer simply didn't like what I had to say. And afterwards he lied about the contents of my deleted post. Really great "leadership".

SPRINGER
WRONG... We don't allow "goodbye posts" for an obvious reason. THAT's why it was trashed. I see you are still unable to be socially graceful, that's a shame. Civility is truly a virtue mate.

ACCESS DENIED
I've suspended johnlear and Zorgon's accounts for the time being while I get this sorted out…

LOST SHAMAN
I hate that I'm having to say this, but I personally don't see any reason to date for any "suspension" of either account! I'd like to see that action reversed ASAP.

ACCESS DENIED
(to springer)
Is/was making goodbye posts expressly forbidden in the T&C?
I just checked and it doesn’t appear to be.
SO stated above that the only posts that get censored are those violating the T&C so there appears to be a contradiction here... Also, what is this “obvious” reason?

YFXXX
(to springer)
This is a LIE!!
Here's your own T&C:
(YFXXX waves T&C)
Please show me, where it says that "goodbye postings" are not allowed!!

ACCESS DENIED
I’m reinstating Zorgon and johnlears accounts on the condition that someone else takes an active role in moderating them. Let me know when you’ve had enough.

CALEBAN
yfxxx and Chorlton are so spun into the ground that they have become hate-spam bots. Nothing
intelligible comes out.

CHORLTON
(to caleban)
Which goes to prove what I stated elsewhere about your level of comprehension.

CALEBAN
Continual repetition works well in self hypnosis. Judging by the look of your avatar, you have it
perfected now.

CHORLTON
As you seem to live in a constant state of self hypnosis Ill take your word for it.

YOU CAN CALL ME RAY
I wonder if we could focus on the stupid claims and the even wackier claimants, rather than trying to one-up each other with snide remarks? Just a request. Thanks...

IGNORE THE FACTS
The reason this place is never busy is because we all just sit around here and agree with each other all the time. Where's the fun in that anyway?

ACCESS DENIED
They say “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” and given the following thread The Skeptic Overlord started on ATS I think we should be proud…

"The ATS Issues Thread"

However is this truly a step in the right direction or just more of the same? In the spirit of the title of this thread I present the following quotes from The Skeptic Overlord and will let the reader decide… First up is this one which I suspect Chorlton will find amusing…

“It always amazes me that people anticipate getting banned for stuff like this.”

Help us out here Chorlton, I’m confused… were you banned for the 17 complaints about your “posting style” as claimed by SO or for refusing to cave in to Springer’s demand to stop complaining about Lear?

Next up we have this gem where despite the repeated denials that Lear was getting special treatment and being allowed to break the T&C, SO now admits ATS was actively promoting Lear’s BS…

“We've defended his forum here, spent money with our PR agency to promote him, gave him significant time in our podcasts, and much more.”

And then finally we have this…

“Members who receive a post-ban have an open door to discuss their status and work things out behind the scenes.”

Torbjon?

Oh, and they reinstituted the anonymous posting feature too… for all the brave folks willing to stand up and be counted.

CHORLTON
I think Springer booted me for the post in the Element 115 where I made him look an utter prat and was backed up by everyone. He never got over it as he though he was oh so right.

TORBJON
So let me get this straight:
They started an "issues" thread over there to deal with soon to be disgruntled ex ats members, is that it? Just one little thread, not an actual forum or work group... a thread. ON ats... Not an independent third party group.... ON ats. I see. Isn't that kind of like the automobile manufactures saying "oh ya, we tested this model, it's safe, really, Trust Us... that'll be sixty-eight thousand seven hundred and ninety-nine dollars please... After factory rebate."

SHAWNNA
(busts a gut laughing at torbjons comment)

ACCESS DENIED
But wait, there’s more! It get’s better…

"Cointel Pro within ATS?"

Looks like "skeptics" aren't the only ones wondering WTF the game is...
Sometimes I wish I didn't care, certainly it would be easier had I never seen it for myself and could claim ignorance...

CHORLTON
I had a problem with some mods from day one. One of the biggest problems for ATS is Springer, without him and his self created cult, the site would run far smoother.

MR PENNY
I once bluntly asked Springer in a forum if he was following my posts around...simply so he could jump on each one. Immediately afterward....the moderator "Majic" announced he had been "assigned" to the forum.....I thought it was an odd coincidence.

SHAWNNA
Wow..... just wow......

Well done Torbjon, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Looking forward to your next installment…

AD
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to ATS Watch