ATS's Bill Irvine Complains to host about ATSWatch

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: ATS's Bill Irvine Complains to host about ATSWatch

Postby torbjon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:06 am

wow...

Shawnna:

If I'm reading this correctly (and I'm Sure I am)
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1393&start=15#p20148

one of the owners and CEO of ATS is,,, what? 'forcefully insisting'? 'strongly suggesting upon pain of punishment'? 'delightfully demanding'? that you recode your pages in order to Optimize them for ATS search engine placement, is that it?

*rolls eyes*

So, lemme see if I got alla this straight...

A year and a half ago three little totally dull and boring web pages hit the net... Almost instantly Mark Allin (Bill Irvines right hand man and #2 at ATS) becomes aware of said pages, condones them, blesses them, says there's no such thing as bad publicity, and makes it Crystal Clear that his only concern is that his name is spelled correctly...

okay, fine, the names are spelled correctly...

A year and a half later an ATS member becomes aware of the three boring and dull little pages and makes a small comment about it on ATS... A few other ATS members reply and now there is a short little two page thread going on (perhaps it would have gone longer but Bill Irvine Killed the thread with a libelous slam against all of the human beings over here)

But too little too late... ATS has Google wrapped around it's little finger (some of you ATS members might wanna explore that, it's fun, exciting, and more than a little shocking)

Prior to that little thread on ATS the ATSWatch pages Never made the top 100 on Google or any other search engine... even when you asked for it by name! (there's a wrist watch called the atswatch, they always got top billing)

But now, thanks to that little thread over at ATS, the ATSWatch pages break the top 100 in a big way...

There is the "suddenly" Bill was whining about. No sudden escalations of hostilities, no sudden change in plans, no sudden changes in attitudes, no sudden moves... hell, nobody over here even twitched or blinked... Those pages just started to rank in Google for the first time Ever due in large part to that thread on ATS.

But Cowboy Billy THOUGHT he saw a twitch and in classical 'deny ignorance' and 'let's chat about this civilly' fashion Cowboy Billy slapped leather and started shooting left and right at anything that moved or didn't move... nice.

After the smoke clears a bit Cowboy Billy is now (suggesting, demanding, insisting, hoping, praying, wanting, whatevering) that the owner of those three little pages recode them in his own image to further promote his web site in the manner he would like it to be promoted...

Human Beings using Google to search for information about ATS are, in theory, looking for information about ATS...

It would seem that Cowboy Billy wants to CONTROL all of that information, CONTROL what the Human Beings of the world can and can't see, can and can't think about, can and can't do...

There's a word for a tin plated dictator with delusions of godhood who wants to control every aspect of another Human Beings life but it eludes me at the moment... somebody help me out here...

rock on
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:01 am

HomingPigeon wrote:Here is something new in the works. From the US patent and trademark website.

Word Mark: ABOVETOPSECRET

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regs ... y=77507085

Current Status: Newly filed application, not yet assigned to an examining attorney.

Word Mark: ATS ABOVETOPSECRET.COM

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regs ... y=77372115

Current Status: A non-final action has been mailed. This is a letter from the examining attorney requesting additional information and/or making an initial refusal. However, no final determination as to the registrability of the mark has been made.

Word Mark: ATS

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regs ... y=79032354

Current Status: Registered.

Owner: (REGISTRANT) Adaptaflex Limited LTD LIAB CO ENGLAND Station Road Coleshill, Birmingham B46 1HT UNITED KINGDOM

Goods and Services: Non-metal tubing and tubing couplings for joining and terminating pipes, namely, flexible tubing made wholly or principally of plastics and parts and fittings therefor namely junctions, unions, joints, couplings and connectors
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 am

I do think you've got it about right, TJ.

For whatever reason, Billy and his kids were A-OK with the 3 little pages at ATSWatch soon after they were publicly posted - as AD so clearly illustrated.

Now it seems things have changed and they do indeed take exception to them.

:roll:

:whatever:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby torbjon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:43 am

Thanks Shawwna, that's what I thought...

So the "unfortunate escalation of overt hostilities" wasn't really us at them at all but rather ATS declaring open war against another board and getting involved in a petty little board war over a few poorly coded and very dull pages that don't really say much of anything and have been sitting around on the internet for well over a year now... how quaint.

Whatever happened to this stuff?

# We promote productive debate and collaborative discussion.
# We promote the examination of any topic as long as manners are maintained.
# We respect the content of other sites and encourage linking.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/about_abovetopsecret.html

cwazy wabbits
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 pm

I have been told - in no uncertain terms - that Billy and his boys do NOT want their emails to me posted publicly. I have also been told by them that the only response acceptable to their requests is via email or to their corporate headquarters (which they conveniently did not provide).

What I can post here are my emails back to them (I think). I'm sure Zep will edit if needed, but in the interest of transparency - here's what I sent them yesterday.

To:Bill Irvine <bill@xxxxxxxx>
CC:torbjon@xxxxxxxxx (Torbjon), ryguy@xxxxx, accessdenied@xxxxxxxxx , sbroadbent@xxxxxxxx,"Mark W. Allin" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>, "stephen <stephen@xxxxxxxxx>, Abe <abe@xxxxxxxxx>, "[ATS HQ] Simon xxxxxxxx <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott xxxxxxxx<slavin@xxxxx>
Subject:Re: [#KMB-786936]: Complaint from AboveTopSecret.com
Date:Saturday, July 19, 2008 5:38:41 PM

Bill - any future emails from you will be considered spam. If you want to
contact me directly about anything, do so through my mailing address:

Shawnna Connolly
(personal address provided in email, but removed here for privacy reasons)

Any violation of this request - as in any future emails from you or one of your
gang cc'd on this list will be considered in violation of this request and I
will take whatever action necessary.

Shawnna

torbjon wrote:Thanks Shawwna, that's what I thought...

So the "unfortunate escalation of overt hostilities" wasn't really us at them at all but rather ATS declaring open war against another board and getting involved in a petty little board war over a few poorly coded and very dull pages that don't really say much of anything and have been sitting around on the internet for well over a year now... how quaint.

Yes - that appears to be exactly what happened.

torbjon wrote:Whatever happened to this stuff?

# We promote productive debate and collaborative discussion.
# We promote the examination of any topic as long as manners are maintained.
# We respect the content of other sites and encourage linking.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/about_abovetopsecret.html

cwazy wabbits

Here's how I would augment the above points given what we've learned about ATS ownership morals and ethics.

# We promote productive debate and collaborative discussion as long as it drives heavy traffic to fund the site owner's lifestyle.
# We promote the examination of any topic as long as manners are maintained such that traffic is not impacted when someone shows 'bad' manners by questioning an admin, owner or exalted poster deemed to be such in order to drive traffic..
# We respect the content of other sites and encourage linking provided the other site drives traffic to ATS, and doesn't question the morals or ethics of the owners of ATS.

:flgpig:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby remus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 am

Excellent, i'd never heard of ATS Watch before, thanks to Bill for making me aware of its existance, i'll be sure to pass the link on to as many people as i can.

Irony: Not just for taking out the creases in clothes. :D
remus

Postby Mad_Hatter » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Oh this is golden. The whole reason Bill complained about ATS Watch.com is because I posted a thread about it on ATS. Bill, being the Nazi he is, closed the thread to additional commentary and immediately contacted you guys, thus the creation of this thread.
Mad_Hatter

Postby Chorlton » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:40 pm

You mustn call the fatman or his mates or his little Forum silly names or he will scream and stamp his feet and say its not fair and cry and......and ..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Mad_Hatter wrote:Oh this is golden. The whole reason Bill complained about ATS Watch.com is because I posted a thread about it on ATS. Bill, being the Nazi he is, closed the thread to additional commentary and immediately contacted you guys, thus the creation of this thread.

Hi MH, welcome to RU :)
Your thread certainly created a lot of interest, despite its closure after a couple of pages. I must say I've been (pleasantly) surprised at that thread's continued existence, I had thought it would probably be deleted.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby remus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Mad_Hatter wrote:Oh this is golden. The whole reason Bill complained about ATS Watch.com is because I posted a thread about it on ATS. Bill, being the Nazi he is, closed the thread to additional commentary and immediately contacted you guys, thus the creation of this thread.

Let us know when your password mysteriously stops working. Or a mod searches back through your posting history to find a T&C violation.
I think that ATS issues thread (that your question was moved to) was instigated as a way of burying uncomplimentary or critical posts/threads. If you look back through that thread you'll be amazed at the amount of unanswered criticism's.
Typically devious, lump it all together in one great big thread, much easier to gloss over the really serious questions.
If they were serious about that thread being the be all and end all of ATS issues they would make sure that all the questions posted would receive an answer.
remus

Postby Mad_Hatter » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 pm

I've already been banned from ATS. Not that I care. That site has really gone down the drain since day one. It all started when I posted the thread about ATSWatch.com. I was careful as to what I said in that thread but it still wasn't good enough. The fact that you "have to be careful what you say" there says alot. Sure enough, thread closed.

So after I get my thread closed, I get a warning and U2U saying my thread was closed. Next thing I know, I'm getting barraged by a few "older and respected" members because I give an opinion against their's in a thread having to do with John Lear. So, after they start making personal attacks on my personal appearance and personal life (which had nothing to do with anything I said) I defend myself. Then, I get a U2U saying my post was removed while their personal attacks stayed posted. So we argued back and forth a bit and I woke up to about 10 U2Us the next morning from douchebag moderator Gemwolf saying all my posts had been removed from that thread and I was on my "last strike." Now keep in mind I didn't have any strikes before my thread about ATSWatch.

So anyways, I even give them the benefit of the doubt and create an apology thread to seriously apologize. No puns, no humor, no nothing. Just a pour your heart out sincere apology. Then I get a U2U from Gemwolf saying I've been warned for my apology thread. So I said, you know what, screw this site. And I sent Gemwolf a nasty U2U telling him what he could do with his warnings and he banned me.

So bump ATS. They're not where it's at. I look forward to truly denying ignorance here. This is my new home.
Mad_Hatter

Postby JayKew » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Can somebody provide me with a link to the ATS Watch thread on ATS please.

I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you very much indeed. :)
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:34 pm

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread353530/pg1

(EDIT) My apologies, the above link is to another hilarious but related thread

Its getting quite good now and Old Bill is being cornered. I bet hell ban the lot of them soon !

[Mod Edit: removed quote of entire previous post]
Last edited by Chorlton on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Shawnna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:45 pm

I appreciate Mods not wanting excessive quoting, but I think it is important to preserve the context in which I posted this - that is - in response to a direct request from JayKew.

The reason it is important is if someone were to search for all posts by "Shawnna" and not bother to read the other previous posts, it would appear I am simply advertising the ATSWatch site.

http://www.atswatch.com

[Mod Edit: removed quote of entire previous post]
Last edited by Shawnna on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch