Things that suggest unethical behavior to me

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Things that suggest unethical behavior to me

Postby Access Denied » Sun May 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Well, I promised myself I wasn’t going to pay any more attention to the BS going on at ATS having convinced myself it was a waste of time. I actually have a fairly long post I put together exposing the crap Mark was spouting off to Ryan recently regarding the misrepresentation of their number of “unique visitors” but I decided not to post it in the interest of my own sanity…

Anyway, I saw this outright lie from Bill the other day regarding a closely related issue and I couldn’t contain myself any longer. :)

“AllTiedTogether” posted this perfectly reasonable request in “The ATS Issues Thread”…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid6395127

AllTiedTogether wrote:Salutations,

Is there a possibility of getting an automatic log off of ATS after a certain period of idleness? I was left on all night because my 'clicking' the logout button didn't take and I thought it did before closing my browser.

I do realize that ATS loves this fact because it leads to ATS looking like they have lots of people on line but I think that after about six hours of not clicking on anything on ATS it should log you off. I mean think security... What if I'm logging on at a library and I click to logoff and it doesn't do it. The next person could have access to my account. And that would be ATSs fault if my account was idle for six or more hours and someone gained access then.

It's only common sense and proper security.

After enduring the typical attempts by various mods and their socks to deflect the issue and paint, in a cult-like fashion, anyone who complains as nuts like they do whenever someone complains about malicious ads, Bill chimes in this with gem…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid6396071

SkepticOverlord wrote:
AllTiedTogether wrote:I do realize that ATS loves this fact because it leads to ATS looking like they have lots of people on line

That's not the case at all. Our "users online" function only counts "active sessions," and our session timeout is set for 20 minutes... so if you're not clicking anything for more than 20 minutes, your session times out and you're not in the list.

AllTiedTogether wrote:I think that after about six hours of not clicking on anything on ATS it should log you off.

Simply not possible.

If your browser is sitting idle, it's not in communication with our server... therefore, we cannot initiate any action to automatically log you out if you're not connected to the server(s).

BWAHAHAHA… Bill is a bold face LIAR!!!

As if that wasn’t bad enough, read through the rest of the thread and then take note of this post where Bill gives a whole new meaning to their self-professed dedication to “Civility & Decorum”…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid6397264

SkepticOverlord wrote:
Annie Mossity wrote:honestly. what part of "it's on your end" can't you grasp?

Internet Forum/BBS Psychosis
noun ( pl. -ses |-ˌsēz|)
a severe condition brought on by heavy Internet forum or bulletin-board-system usage which is typically manifest in an acute inability to admit one may be wrong, incorrect, or mistaken.

If I have to explain why Bill doesn’t want to change the code to implement a secure automatic log off or even give users control over when their cookies expire then you wouldn’t understand…

The funny thing is he’s got the sheeple convinced “it’s not a bug, it’s a feature” so they defend the practice…

The Peoples Temple lives!

[smilie=to funny.gif]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 am

Unbelievable.

And the guy (Bill) has the nerve to preach to others about "integrity."

Bah.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby mojo » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:37 am

just wanted to say Hi...its been a while...busy and all...and that i'd probably post more if you guy's had a "Flag Contribution" meter.

:lol:
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Oh, so THAT'S the secret.... :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:39 pm

This is so disgusting and typical of ATS that I can’t help but point it out…

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread529233/pg1

Stop-loss! wrote:Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality. There will be no christmas presents under a tree for me and my crew and I wont be able to see the faces of loved ones once again just like the past few years but I have gotten use to it by now. I found this year to be the most difficult because I was so close to being slighty free from government control but it seems like they always want us here in Iraq to do their dirty work then be with our families. I wish every last one of you a merry X-mas good luck in trying to bring us back home. Oh yeah one more thing, I found this music video that cheered me up during the holidays that you might like but the timing is drastically off so enjoy and remember we are not here by choice and would rather fight for your freedom then the freedom of corporate lapdogs that make way too much money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeo6azbXAiU

Posted on Christmas no less and with suprise... 48 false flags generated by staff... it’s the top rated thread on ATS right now...

…but what the people responding to it don’t know is while browsing the “recent posts” at ATS the other night (yes, I was bored) I happened to see Stop-loss! posting spam for some kind of electronics that was on sale. I remember thinking it won’t be long before that post gets trashed and the user banned…

Imagine my surprise when I see this obvious troll post from Stop-loss! today… and then I see this post from AccessDenied (without a space) who’s some staff member’s girlfriend or sockpuppet that stole my username after I was banned and all my posts were deleted…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid7768144

AccessDenied wrote:I have truly NEVER been MORE DISGUSTED with reading a thread than Iam right now.
WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU???
Whether the OP is a soldier or not, and YES ATS DOES HAVE MEMBERS THAT ARE..who the heck are all of you to put him or anyone else down that makes the choice to serve their country in a time of war or peace and take up arms and lay down their lives so you can sit on your ass posting on the internet without getting blown up.
Merry freakin Christmas.
To the OP..
admirable what you do..and Iam extremely saddened by the lack of respect shown here.

BWAHAHAHA... *cough* BS *cough*

That post proves this is yet another inside hoax by the staff of ATS who took over a spammer’s account to stir the pot… and make a mockery of our brave men and women serving in the Armed Forces while they’re at it!

Is there no limit to how low you people will go to try and make a buck off the poor delusional, misguided, or disenfranchised folks that frequent your site???

Simply disgusting… lucky for those who hate this great country and bring disgrace to those who fight, and have fought, for our freedom, sedition is no longer a crime.

Meanwhile, Mark and Bill are laughing their way all way to the bank…

Merry Christmas ATS… Suckers!

ETA: It has come to my attention that Stop-Loss! had been posting on ATS before this. Here’s the latest…

OPSEC gone wrong. I am screwed!
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread529466/pg1

Stop-loss! wrote:Hello ATS. Due to my recent threads, my superiors have found out that I use this site. It was only a matter of time before they found out but I did not violate too much of my OPSEC. I did not reveal what time I roll out. I did not give grid coordinates of where im at and I did not enclose names of any soldiers that I work with. and I did not give anyone at all an inventory of what we have. With that said, I might be facing a court martial or even discharge from the army which wouldnt be so bad except I wanted to leave without getting in trouble but I digress. I have no idea how serious they will take this but if for some reason I stop posting in this site it will be either because I will be in deep scrutiny or in jail. I know some soldiers here will bash on me for posting this and I will most likely recieve more hate mail, but I have no regrets. I guess OL was right on my last thread about conspirators, they were really after me and they got me. Thanks for the fun times ATS, hopefully I still make it out of this and continue to deny ignorance with a vengence.

:roll:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Could not have said it better myself…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid7779500

Ulala wrote:Your handle is Westside. You're 24 years old. You joined the US Army in the Summer of 2003 for 6 years, earned a $6,000 bonus and were posted to Fort Sill. You expressed concerns about the weaponry supplied for training purposes, that it was inadequate for purpose.

Following basic training you were deployed to Bamberg, Germany C btry 1- 6 FA in December 2003, then to Iraq in February 2004, to Baqubah, Diyala Province. After a busy year there, you returned to Bamberg in March 2005. Following your German tour, in Berlin, and after your escapades with the German locals (drinking in excess, bringing women back to barracks etc) you were transferred to Fort Bliss when your unit was disbanded. In October 2006 you returned to Iraq, Q-West. You returned to USA in December 2007, based in El Paso.

By May 2009 you found yourself “stop lossed”, missing out on your ETS date of 30th July 2009, and transferred to Kuwait, thereafter to Iraq, the financial benefits of which are $500. [per month –AD] In November 2009 you withdrew most of your $43,000 savings to pay off your parents Bank of America mortgage. On 27th November 2009 you returned to Iraq, following a 2 week vacation in California.

You've killed many and seen a friend die from a lower back wound. Your consistently against the US Government, Obama in particular and in one unnoticed post you advocate revolution ; “If we join together and show those washington war monger puppets how many constitution rights they violated, we can kick them off of office and have our rights restored. If that don't work, then how about a revolution?”

Your unit suffers slow internet connection. Your forward operating base is a backwater, FOB Gary Owen, Maysan Province, Amarrah, Unit B 2-29 FA. you don't work in the Green Zone.

All that I've obtained simply by reading what you've personally disclosed here.

I think you've been incautious by posting so much personally identifying information on ATS. I've no doubt your Army superiors can easily identify you. By doing so you're in breach of Regulations.

You're also in breach of Regulations by consistently posting against the government and “the powers that be”. Army communication facilities are paid for by the taxpayer and your own political viewpoint should not be expressed at the public expense, certainly not those advocating revolution and the overthrow of government, however sympathetic many of us feel for that sentiment.

You're on thin ice too by highlighting the inadequacy of weaponry supplied, although I doubt you have breached Opsec because you have not described to any detail the vulnerabilities of that weaponry or that of your training regime. For that I guess we should be hugely grateful for your commonsense, such as it is.

You do however reveal that your unit is vulnerable to communications glitches, poor internet connection. That others could surely take advantage of.

However, you breached Opsec yourself by taking German civilians back to barracks for sexual/social purposes. That's nothing short of the most stupidest thing I've ever read. Is it not beyond the realms of possibility that your sexual conquests may not be all they seemed ? And that you brought them onto base, again totally in breach of Regulations ?

It's also arguable that your consistent whining here & in theatre could adversely affect the performance of your unit, that's in breach of Regulations too, it gives comfort & succour to your enemy & saps the morale of your comrades.

You really are a blithering idiot of a soldier.

Assuming he even is one.

To which Stop-loss! responded…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid7779568

Stop-loss! wrote:We all make mistakes in our lifetime. I know that I have done some bad things in my youth and I have learned from those mistakes. I was very young back then and most likely in need of help but life was never meant to be fair now is it? War does amazing and terrible things to your mind when exposed to it for long periods of time. Oh and by the way, soldiers always bring back women to the barracks and its not illegal as long as they leave before a specific time but maybe you would have known that if you would have done a little more research then just on me. You are not a threat, you are soft. You will eventually just break yourself off.

And he doesn’t know what that “specific time” is and he only brings it up after another poster does? Likely story.

Stop-loss! then adds this as another apparent afterthought…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid7779617

Stop-loss! wrote:Do you know why exactly I have a very slow internet connection? Simply because we are in a third world country that is very poor! You could have had common sense in that at least . Also the civilian contractors are very stingy with money so they give military bases the crappiest connection possible and keep the rest of the money which by the way charge up to 85$ A MONTH for service. That is why I am logged on to ATS 24/7 because if I log off, it will be a challenge to come back on so do us all a favor and get crackin on letters to KBR on why soldiers get a raw deal on many things!

Which makes absolutely no sense at all.

To which Ulala then responds with this gem…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid7779781

Ulala wrote:My Great Uncle didn't have ATS when he manned the shore guns which sank the German cruiser Blücher in the Oslofjord. He didn't have Youtube.Com as he fled across the Sea North to England in a navy destroyer. Not for him surfing Facebook as he was loading bombs onto the English airplanes which bombed Berlin.

He didn't fire off pathetic letters seeking sympathy from friends and relatives. He just dealt with the cards handed to him and got on with it, a lesson you'd do well to learn were it not for the fact your own predicament is entirely self inflicted by your decision to join the United States Army.

And I'm quite sure there's an American taxpayer right now, looking at the gaping cavern that is their January 2010 finances, who'd much rather that $85 per month were in their own checkbook, rather than being used to provide you with a medium through which you can whine away your final six months of service.

Combat veteran indeed. You spend all your waking hours surfing ATS. I haven't the slightest intention of writing to KBR to get you fast internet, you don't deserve featherbedding at the expense of the United States taxpayer, of whom mercifully I am not one.

Oh, the irony…

If Stop-loss! really is in the Army and not a sock (which I seriously doubt) then there’s enough here to court-martial this idiot under the UCMJ for Sedition, at the very least he deserves an Article 15 from his CO.

At any rate, that ATS condones and is in fact, encouraging this kind of behavior (sedition and the posting of personally identifiable information) should earn them a place on the DoD wide blacklist of Internet sites at the very least (not to mention advertisers)… I’ll submit the paperwork. :D
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to ATS Watch