Now this is interesting

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Now this is interesting

Postby nomadrush » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:24 pm

I had predicted I was going to be kicked out, some two weeks before this after a string of my posts were deleted when I dared to question the over-moderation and heavy-handed protection of Robbie Williams, as he was in my opinion, just another poster and he had AGREED to come out openly on the forum, so I believe people had every right to talk to him. But apparently not - I was "warned off" by a guy called Crackeur! (Who is now up for my tosser of the year award lol!)

I posted the exact U2U regarding their deal with William Morris Agy, on my blog and that pi**ed them off too apparently, as one of their rules is no U2U's are to be openly posted! I however felt that this was wrong and that all should see what they were up to.

Now don't get me wrong, we all need to earn money to live and pay our bills, but to pretend to be something you are not and to act in the way they did is in my opinion, NOT the way to make friends and influence people!

They could have rang me, Simon Gray who I had considered a friend could have e-mailed me personally and discussed the issues but no, they get a moderator to send me a U2U! I e-mailed Simon several times before this eviction and none of the e-mails were answered.

None of my complaints to them were addressed, either before or after my eviction! In fact their "damage limitation" thread was extremely one sided and conveniently left most of the facts out!

Ross
nomadrush

Postby moomin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi Nomadrush,

Thanks for stopping by my thread.

They can huff and puff all they like to get members to feel sorry for them or stick up for them over what they did to you but the fact remains they have sold out - there is no other way to explain it.

They constantly go on about how they would never sell out their member's interests to anyone who told them what to do, even claimed they have refused investment offers for this very reason and yet this is exactly what they have done. They could have turned round and said no - he stays here and you will have to abide by that if you want a deal but they sold you out and didn't even have the guts to tell you in any decent way. What a spineless, back-stabbing bunch they are.

I'm glad websites like this exist because I can exercise freedom of speech - something I'm sure you are now aware doesn't exist on ats. You can have any opinion as long as it's theirs.
moomin

Postby nomadrush » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Yes you are so right - free speech as long as it falls within what THEY want to hear!

I am glad that so many forums are discussing this issue right now, as it would appear there has been a severe backlash to ATS at my eviction.

I think that this whole matter has not done ATS any favours at a time when they WANT a good clean profile for investors and advertisers, so perhaps shooting themselves in the foot was the ideal tonic to make them take a long hard serious look at what they are doing.

Ross
nomadrush

Postby moomin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:42 pm

nomadrush wrote:Yes you are so right - free speech as long as it falls within what THEY want to hear!

I am glad that so many forums are discussing this issue right now, as it would appear there has been a severe backlash to ATS at my eviction.

I think that this whole matter has not done ATS any favours at a time when they WANT a good clean profile for investors and advertisers, so perhaps shooting themselves in the foot was the ideal tonic to make them take a long hard serious look at what they are doing.

Ross

Well to be honest, I have never listened to your shows (or anyone's podcasts etc from ats for that matter) but that didn't mean I didn't respect what you were doing and appreciate the hard work you put in - you freely gave a good contribution to the site that should only have helped ats and that's what really irked me when I saw they tossed you onto the scrapheap at the first sign of mega dollars from a mega corporation waved in their faces. They can protest all they want that they've turned down big offers before but who really knows whether they did or even if they were just hanging out for a bigger and better deal. I wouldn't put it past them. Stepping on the heads of the little guys who made them what they are today is their MO it seems. If someone wanted to invest so badly in ats they would have accepted that some things there must stay the way they are and not be pushed aside in favour of 'exclusivity' which just comes down to 'we're in control of you now!'

Now I'm interested in the wording of the u2u they sent...

"Unfortunately for your efforts, we find ourselves in a position where our brand representatives (William Morris, NYC) have negotiated an agreement with an entity that will require ATS brand exclusivity with an international entertainment production company."

I wonder who this 'entity' is and who their connections are? If it's such an important deal then why haven't they announced it with bells and whistles included like they have done in the past?

It is great that we can discuss the deplorable treatment and expose the lies that ats try to tell here and on other websites because unlike ats who delete everything unfavourable to them, there will be a record of all that's wrong with the site from previous members for potential investors to view should they want to research ats a little. What they need to understand is that pretty much all of them would return to the site at the drop of a hat if it ever returned to it's original values in practice, but the reality is that there are now some really unpleasant people in charge who think they are clever with words and brushing the undesirable under the carpet, stifling descent and pretending it never existed or a problem was always someone else's fault, whilst they sell their members souls for inferior, immature postings and garbage whilst they rake in the profits - there is a word for people like that you know.... politicians!

Sadly though, I feel that ats will just continue its chosen path of a downward spiral - you don't honestly believe they will take a long hard look at themselves do you? Why should they? They've hit the big bucks bigtime now and that will corrupt them absolutely.
moomin

Postby nomadrush » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Yes I agree - this will be the ultimate corruption of ATS's values (if they ever had any in the first place!)

I know that a major US entertainment and news company have been looking at investing in a Myspace/Facebook/Youtube type site for paranormal/UFO/conspiracies for some time now, although I thought they had decided to set something up from new. Maybe they have decided to do a deal with that site instead? It would be aterrible move on their part, but very lucrative for the "three buckeroos"!

Ross
nomadrush

Postby moomin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:24 pm

nomadrush wrote:very lucrative for the "three buckeroos"!
Ross

Perhaps we should refer to them in future as 'the three stooges'. Much more appropriate :twisted:

Noun
1. a person of unquestioning obedience
(synonym) flunky, flunkey, yes-man
(hypernym) follower
(hyponym) pushover
2. a victim of ridicule or pranks
(synonym) butt, goat, laughingstock
(hypernym) victim, dupe
(hyponym) April fool
moomin

Postby nomadrush » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Now THERE'S a thought! LOL

Ross
nomadrush

Postby Chorlton » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 pm

In another thread I referred to them as wankers and it looks like they are desperately trying to live up to that name
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby nomadrush » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:12 am

Not only have they lived up to it, they've EXCEEDED it!

Ross
nomadrush

Postby moomin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:22 pm

According to this post http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread353530/pg42#pid5015988, another respected member, nexusmagazine has decided to leave ats for his own reasons. Seems he's sick of the double standards that ats applies and also they way he has been treated.

I read his mag years ago so I'm well aware of Duncan and his history - it's a lot longer than ats's history! He's very well respected in many fields and will certainly have a few tales to tell others about this time on ats.
moomin

Postby nomadrush » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 pm

And guess what, that page has been removed too, they aboviously didn't like what Duncan had to say either...

"You have followed a link from a website that often attempts to
present opinionated flights of fancy as factual "evidence" of
inappropriate activity by owners and staff of AboveTopSecret.com.
If you'd like to discuss such matters in an open and honest
environment, please visit the ATS Issues Thread. Otherwise,
click here to visit the page you originally intended to see."

So much for free speech huh?

Ross
nomadrush

Postby nomadrush » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Huh, I have just realised that this is "link from here" notice and the thread DOES still exist on their "ATS Issue" page.

Silly me lol

Ross
nomadrush

Postby torbjon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:15 am

Ross, et al:

The links still work. ALL links from RU to ATS must first pass through their little warning page *shrugs* RU is on the ATS poop list and that is one of their ways of telling the world how much they love us.

So, Ross, I see you were banned from ATS After posting a U2U in your blog... That is technically a no no so on that count they got you.. However, it's the stuff that lead up to that incident that I find interesting...

As I understand the story, you have been a member in good standing of ATS for some years... you have your own gig (radio / television, yes?) and there's been some cross promoting going on for quite some time now... You have a following, was liking ATS and ATS was liking you...

Then suddenly WHAMO, a rather less than humane U2U from one of their legal advisors (Cracker... Crakaur?) with not so much as an 'we're sorry' just 'here's your hat, get out Now! We made a deal with some new kids and they don't do your kind' or some such, yes?

And now they are ticked off and surprised because you had a more less normal human reaction to that, yes?

hmmm...

I'm very sorry for the poor treatment, that sucks. Many people here got the shaft from ATS, so I bet a lot of folks here can empathize with your recent fiasco.

I must admit that I am a little surprised by their lack of Professional Courtesy... Personal Niceties aside, it seems that you guys had some sort of Professional Understanding (even if it wasn't written on paper)... In this country, an 'understanding', even an informal or verbal one, is still considered 'contractual' in nature... All in all their actions and attitude seem to be in very bad form to me...

mmmph, business as usual for them.

I hope this doesn't negatively impact your other ventures, and thank you for stopping by... I hope you'll decide to stay a while. RU is not as large as ATS, but it's a nice solid little board (growing more each day)

laters
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:02 am

As I see it they are working towards a scenario that I postulated ages ago.

They want the weirdo's posting their weird hallucinations
They want the morons who see 'orbs' everywhere and call them 'entities'
They want the UFO freaks who are happy to call Chinese Lanterns, 'Fleets of UFO's"
They want anyone who doesnt question, doesnt demand evidence, doesnt disagree with the cult making around the wanker springer and fat boy Overlord or who will hassle the softlad Williams.
They want total acceptance of 'their' rules as thats what makes them money.
Their one and only interest, their one goal, is to make money.
Truth doesnt come into it one bit and they will defend their little cashcow website and its money making activities any way they can.
I honestly doubt Simon has anything whatsoever to do with it. He probably gave up ages ago and just takes the money.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby nomadrush » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 am

Yes that's it in a nutshell!

They got a LOT of publicity from me via my TV show and radio programme and it wasn't even one of the main four who told me I was out, it was a moderator on a U2U entitled "straight from the top"! they didn't even have the decency to tell me themselves.

A agree about Simon, he doesn't respond to e-mails any more and as the one Brit involved, I feel he has been edged out, but I could be wrong. If you write to simon@theabovenetwork.com you will almost certainly get a reply from one of the others - that's what happened each time with me, it's like he just forwards stuff onto them to deal with.

Ross
nomadrush

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch