What do you hope to achieve?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

What do you hope to achieve?

Postby ATS_DeFeNdEr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:24 am

What is the point of ATS watch?

All I have seen so far is banned ex-ATS-members venting their frustration. Plenty of claims of proof of hoax involvment, but alas, they remain claims.

ATS Watch = Sour Grapes Forum.

A_D
ATS_DeFeNdEr

Re: What do you hope to achieve?

Postby torbjon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:13 am

Hi Defender,

Always nice to see a fresh 'face', be it pro or con, welcome.

I will be the first to admit that the information presented in this sub forum is less than "easily accessible" but there are some interesting bits here regarding improprieties on the behalf of ATS staff and management.

Two incidents that relate directly to me: I was banned from ATS due to an Emotional and Gut reaction by staff and management of ATS. There was no T&C violation of any kind on my part, they simply did not like my tone and banned me on the spot without so much as a "by your leave" or any attempt to establish a dialog and discover the Truth of the Matter (deny ignorance)

Okay, it's Their play pen and they can indeed do anything they want with it... not technically "illegal" but unprofessional and definitely UnCool.

The second is purely technical and professional: Repeated attempts to contact the staff and management via the Official "Contact Us" form got me repeated auto responders which clearly stated that the messages had been received by "the powers that be" and that a HUMAN would respond to me within 48 hours.

No such Human Response ever came.

In conversations with Bill and Mark here at RU (ATSWatch sub forum) they stated that they did indeed receive my inquiries but Chose not to respond... Again, that's Fine, but it is in direct contradiction to the messages I was receiving from the ATS machine *shrugs* (again, uncool, and unprofessional)

They (Bill and Mark) have apologized to me for the mistreatment (which is nice) but steadfastly Refuse to even consider attempting implementing some sort of "safety" apparatus, be it hardware, software, or procedural, to help insure that that type of treatment does not occur to other ATS members. Their argument for not attempting to install / implement some sort of "safety net" was that the "numbers are too small" to warrant the effort or cost.

This is Incredibly uncool and unprofessional. It's like saying "oh, only 1 in 10,000 people die from poisoned Tylenol, that is an insignificant number, most people don't complain, our membership and profits are growing so what do we care?"

Nobody seems to really like that analogy, but it is an accurate reflection of the attitude expressed by Bill and Mark during their stay here *shrugs*

Basically, their attitude was similar to your own: "yer just a buncha cry babies, shut up and go away"

*laughs*

I believe the answer to that attitude is: "yep, we are, no, we won't, and, not until they clean up their act"

Please feel free to stick around, read what Bill and Mark had to say here and offer any pro or con evidence, thoughts, opinions you may have regarding any subject(s) which tickle your fancy...

I feel that many people here would appreciate an articulate, intelligent, pro-ATS person to step up to bat and take a swing or two... so far no one has.

Are you that person? Or do you just want to poke fun at us cry babies? (like that is hard to do *laughs*)

Looking forward to your reply...

laters
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:40 am

ATS_DeFeNdEr wrote:What is the point of ATS watch?

World domination.

Welcome to ATS Watch

Any more questions? :D
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby moomin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:01 am

I post here for one simple reason - I have freedom of speech to say what is on my mind about ats be it good or bad - something it is claimed I can do on ats but cannot because I would have my posts deleted, censored with a big stupid picture, thread closed or I would be banned for simply expressing my opinion. Only uncritical, non-enquiring, unquestioning, brown-nosing posters like yourself are encouraged and allowed to have their posts remain.

You can choose to believe that this doesn't happen but there are plenty of good (and bad) ex members of ats on the net who either left in disgust at the hypocrisy or were banned for speaking their minds (without breaking any t&c).

If you don't believe any of what is here then try this experiment for yourself....

Try reading through and bringing up what has been painstakingly researched here by mojo on Truste and their affiliates on ats and get the opinion of 2 of the 3 stooges (the 1st being conspicuously absent in presence on the board this year... try asking what he specifically has contributed to the board this year) on the fact that it is pointless to complain to them as nothing will be done if a company is found to have abused their position, and what they think of the connections with some of the companies, persons and cia. Did they research any of that themselves beforehand?

Ask why they could not have insisted that Nomadrush be allowed to stay in their deal with william morris agency and ask if they will push out any other 'contributing' member if they are told to by and advertiser. Ask them to put in writing they will not do this in future.

Ask why a member was banned for simply pointing out the the ats gala party was invite only (and also ask when Richard Belzer is joining ats as it was claimed he was going to do)

Ask how Springer's wife Valhall can justify getting her paychecks from Haliburton. Ask if that might not be a conspiracy in itself in and does she makes strawman posts which are there to be knocked down. Why is it ok for Valhall to be extremely nasty to other members yet not be punished for it. Why are double standards practised and allowed?

Ask why the funders of ats dare not associate their names publicly with them if they are so supportive of ats. Are they ashamed or embarrassed or do they have something to hide?

Ask why the members themselves are not allowed and were never given the opportunity to invest in ats.

Ask why you cannot have an opinion poll forum when there is so much support for one. Do member's opinions not count? Is it not a member content driven site as they constantly claim? Try making a petition thread to get support for an opinion poll forum.

Ask why you cannot ask ats critical questions (which are all within the t&c of ats) on ats itself when they claim you have free speech and can post anything within the t&c.

I could go on with a larger list of problems that people have with ats but what is the point? You are not interested in any opinion other than the official and tolerated ats one. What you don't get is that many of us defended ats in the past and wish only the best for the site if it would only stick to it's original principles and why many of us joined in the first place. ats has sold out its' principles - no-one begrudges them the money to stay afloat and improve the site, but when they do it at the member's expense then that is a problem and when they practise utter hypocrisy and double standards and have NO freedom of speech then how can you as a member defend that?
moomin

Postby Chorlton » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:15 am

All I have seen so far is banned ex-ATS-members venting their frustration. Plenty of claims of proof of hoax involvment, but alas, they remain claims.
A_D

I think the statement goes, If you have to ask, you wouldnt understand the reply.
If you cant see the problem then fine, go on your way and enjoy your forum.

In its simplistic form, which, coming from ATS you would probably need: Sufficient questions have arisen on this forum (and others) about the intentions of ATS owners with respect to denying hardline sceptics whilst encouaging the dafter members of society to increase viewing numbers, thereby increasing their visibility and ergo, profit.
They fail to answer questions put to them, resorting to bully boy tactics instead, the actions of thugs and the ignoratii
There are also more serious questions asked but it would seem you dont have the gumption to see them.

So as I say, you just carry on, on your merry little blind journey of life. and thank your god that there are indeed people here looking after your interests, whether you like it or not.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby mojo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:24 pm

A_D

please read through this thread of mine.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1442

i will be happy to debate any of the evidence i have supplied in that thread, and will humbly accept your proof that any of the connections i have posted are incorrect.

in other words, put your money where your mouth is. :)

mojo
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby JiveTurkey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:40 pm

A_D

Is that you Whori?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be perfectly honest, I think dedicating a forum to ATS here is a bit much. However, you are incorrect in your ASSumption that it's all about disgruntled ex-ATSers venting their frustration.

Sure, there has been some venting. It MUST be done here (if at all) because the staff of ATS doesn't allow any venting over there unless it's something they can totally discredit.

Most of the claims you (probably haven't) read here are true in regards to the policies and banning/silencing practices of the ATS staff.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find out on your own in due time.
Slavery: Get's Sh*t Done!
JiveTurkey

Postby ryguy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:06 am

Great answers to the sockpuppet's question guys...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby moomin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:25 am

I don't even know why I'm replying again in this thread as it is obvious that ats_defender hasn't got the the guts to come back and address any of the points brought up here. He/she only came here to make an unquestioning, pathetic point like a good little ats dog.

Still, if they're not too full of sour grapes for having been called out as a gutless, coward then it would be nice to know what views you hold about ats now and whether you will bring up any of the points on ats for discussion.

This link is a good one to start with - http://www.realityuncovered.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1461

Please tell us your views on this little bit of information and how far you get trying to bring it up on ats.

Or stay hiding in your cowardly corner at ats amongst all the other trolls because they don't investigate REAL issues there.
moomin

Postby mojo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 am

A_D

Hi defender, which "claims" specifically do you believe are inaccurate. I would be happy to investigate them if you don't or can't or won't.
I'll post my findings without any bias.
If you can't show which "claims" are inaccurate then you are doing nothing but trolling, something which you "claim" to abhor.
Give us something more than a trite "alas, they remain claims", either refute the proof that has been offered or stop trolling.

What is "your" definition of "moral" and "ethical".

mojo.
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DUCKY » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:30 am

I'm with the contention that this 'ATS Defender' is nothing but a subserviant boot-licking Troll.

This person hasn't returned to the boards to answer our inquiries (nor 'defend his/her position)... by any means.

I think, every-so-often, the ATS personnel feel a 'need' to 'defend themselves', and come here to post, as the need arises.

Any threads, opened up - such as these - are meant to propogate/instigate "Stirring up the pot."...so to speak.

We all know that, at this point.

Very lame effort on the OP's part.
DUCKY

Postby torbjon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:38 pm

*laughs*

naww...

it's a roll call
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby mojo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Yup', just a drive by...nothing to see...move along folks. :)

typical of most of the ATS membership now really....silly posts without any substance.
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Jack'sDead » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:08 am

All I have seen so far is banned ex-ATS-members venting their frustration.

Well, it certainly doesn't appear to me that the OP was really looking for an answer. But having been banned twice now, I certainly have some questions, and am glad to have found a group of people who have had similar "odd" experiences.

I made a lot of contributions to ATS, never got a "red-flag" warning, and still find myself banned for the second time in just a few months. Not to mention the harassment and hamstringing by staff that led up to my second banning.

Yes, I am venting my frustrations, but with good reason it appears. Not simply because I'm no longer "cool enough" to be on ATS. [-o<

Unless I get a serious explanation from the owners, I will not be going back there even if they decide to lift the ban on my account.
...You can call me, Joker!
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 am

Jack'sDead wrote:
Unless I get a serious explanation from the owners, I will not be going back there even if they decide to lift the ban on my account.

But one must ask, why would any person with one braincell of logic go back there, other than, like a zoo visit, one likes to look in to the lower forms of life?
Even whilst I was making John Lear and Springer look utter prats, I was asking myself what would be the point of going there if indeed Lear or Zorgon wasnt there to taunt?. (Springer doesnt count, he's a halfwit).
The majority of posts, on the ATS main site are from fools, hoaxers and softlads who see 'life forms' and 'entities' in almost everything, and wont tolerate any questioning of their phantasms. The mods are bigots who will stamp on any reasoned questiong of the idiots, or stamp on anyone using any form of the English language that isnt used in their backwater bayou.
Consequently is has, over the last few years, become a haven where the ridiculous is lauded by fools, overseen by the uneducated, all of whom are encouraged to create even more stupidity, all in the name of revenue.

Truth? That went out the window when profit came in. Their latest stupidity with the moronic Williams is yet another attempt to latch on to something they see as a little pot of gold but I feel it will just come back to slap them in the face, as their Rosswell visit did.

This forum (and Amkon) is doing its job in seeing a(form of) level playing field, though personally I feel the categories here need sorting out and expanding a bit.
This isnt a dig lads, merely an observation. ?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Next

Google

Return to ATS Watch