Moderation at ATS

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby Access Denied » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 am

Jack'sDead wrote:I picture Mirth to be some grumpy, crusty old man who has no idea what ATS is even about.

Well picture no more... :D

Image

[that's him to the right of Springer]

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread299754/pg1

Jack'sDead wrote:First off, classic piece in that link there! Nice find.

Thank you… I’m feeling much better now. :)

Phalenx5 wrote:I got a post-ban because I called someone who believed that Obama's birth certificate was a fake a "moron". I think that it was unfair... I think the person that didn't deny ignorance should have gotten the post-ban.

Let me guess… you lost your cool because some moron was getting away with posting inane crap over and over again and ignoring well formed opinions based on evidence to the contrary? Go figure. Shame on you… have you no self control? :)

Jack'sDead wrote:My problems over there ran quite a bit deeper, though I do know what you are talking about. I came across plenty of morons who were in fact ignorant trolls. But I also came across at least two, possibly three genuine article disinfo agents over there.

Who and what agenda do you think they have in regards to what topics specifically?

I’ve been accused of being a “disinfo agent” myself so I’m curious.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]


Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby AgitatedBrain » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 am

Access Denied wrote:Image
[that's him to the right of Springer]


Haaaa look at that chump. I'd love to slap those glasses right off his nerdy looking face, and I'd do it to if I ever saw him in person. Call me an e-thug if you must, but my word is the truth. :twisted:
AgitatedBrain
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:40 am

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby Jack'sDead » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Access Denied wrote:
Jack'sDead wrote:I picture Mirth to be some grumpy, crusty old man who has no idea what ATS is even about.

Well picture no more... :D


Wow, he really does look like the monkey avatar he had when I was over there. Seriously.

Who and what agenda do you think they have in regards to what topics specifically?

I’ve been accused of being a “disinfo agent” myself so I’m curious.


Well, the term "disinfo agent" gets tossed around a lot. I've even use it whimsically myself sometimes. But there is a big difference between someone who holds a different opinion, is making a good argument, or even someone you just plain don't like, and the real-deal disinfo agent. It's hard to explain really. There isn't one thing that you can point out to define the difference. The difference comes in a slower realization, as the agent employs a wide variety of tactics over time. Even changing their name/profile, employing sock puppets, or working with other actual agents. In one debate I was having, sorry that I can't remember the subject now, I had the agent on his knees in defeat, only to have him duck out and another one enter to derail and obfuscate. You see a sort of pattern emerge. You almost have to have a sixth sense to discern the attack against you.

The topics that always drew them to me were always along the lines of "going against the grain" of the system. Economics, American history, politics. Subversive sorts of material you could say.
...You can call me, Joker!
User avatar
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:04 am
Location: New York

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby Access Denied » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:15 am

Jack'sDead wrote:The topics that always drew them to me were always along the lines of "going against the grain" of the system. Economics, American history, politics. Subversive sorts of material you could say.

Interesting, you'd think that kind of stuff would be their bread and butter.

Of course anything truly subversive would cost them mainstream advertising revenue.

Whoever came up with that business plan isn’t too bright.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby Jack'sDead » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Access Denied wrote:
Jack'sDead wrote:The topics that always drew them to me were always along the lines of "going against the grain" of the system. Economics, American history, politics. Subversive sorts of material you could say.

Interesting, you'd think that kind of stuff would be their bread and butter.

Of course anything truly subversive would cost them mainstream advertising revenue.

Whoever came up with that business plan isn’t too bright.


"Freedom of speech, just watch what you say..." -IceT
...You can call me, Joker!
User avatar
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:04 am
Location: New York

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ryguy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Jack'sDead wrote:"Freedom of speech, just watch what you say..." -IceT


Oh man...you just made my day. :)

"Say what we feel, yell out what's real
Even though it may not bring mass appeal
Your opinion is yours, my opinion is mine
If you don't like what I'm sayin'? Fine
But don't close it, always keep an open mind
A man who fails to listen is blind
We only got one right left in the world today
Let me have it or throw The Constitution away"
-IceT


-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ATS_Virus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:24 am

next
Last edited by ATS_Virus on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATS_Virus
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ATS_Virus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 pm

next
Last edited by ATS_Virus on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
ATS_Virus
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ATS_Virus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 pm

mods on ATS are the best in the world...lmao
ATS_Virus
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ryguy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:43 pm

What happen to your initial post above? Someone threaten you to remove it?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ATS_Virus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:21 am

ryguy wrote:What happen to your initial post above? Someone threaten you to remove it?


nobody threatened me to remove the posts but i just felt that i should erase what i said because i don't want any repercussions from me exposing the truth about some of the people on ATS.

the safety of my family is more important to me and there is a risk factor involved in exposing goverment coverups as well as corrupt people on the internet. i am not saying anyone from ATS would try and do something to harm me or my family but it's not an impossibility either.

i had a stranger show up at my door not long ago and without going into the details i will just tell you that i suspected him of being a spy either for the military or perhaps from ATS. i am not sure wich is the case so it will be better for me to just disappear from the whole scene. call me paranoid if you want but i have good reason to think the way i do.

there is something rotten to the core at ATS and i am glad this website is here so that some people will see the truth.

peace
ATS_Virus
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Well I think by now such "strangers" know better than to show up at my door - they'd get introduced to the local version of a high tech security system, a Remington and a 12-gauge.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby AgitatedBrain » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:50 am

ryguy wrote:a Remington and a 12-gauge.



Lmao. Now that's what I'm talking about.
AgitatedBrain
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:40 am

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Hey virus you wouldn't believe the harrassment I got over at ATS after locking horns with some of John Lears accolites. Fortunately is was electronic. I was threatened with physical harm and if they had showed up at my door they would have found the same security that Ry has.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
User avatar
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 am
Location: Florida

Re: Moderation at ATS

Postby mojo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:07 pm

ATS_Virus wrote:nobody threatened me to remove the posts but i just felt that i should erase what i said because i don't want any repercussions from me exposing the truth about some of the people on ATS.



lol, seriously.

sorry i don't mean to down play your concerns for your family or anything but having some sort of fear regarding a commercial CT forum on the internet just sounds plain ludicrous.
what sort of repercussions would you expect?
they are a bunch of old fat guy's trying to rip off unsuspecting naive kids for the most part, many of whom imo have various problems that ATS don't seem to give a s^~t about, instead increasing their paranoia through the propogation of unsubstantiiated bulls**t.
the only repercussions you should expect from ats is a bad case gullibility.

mojo
User avatar
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron