Its Official ATS Has Run Out of Topics

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: Its Official ATS Has Run Out of Topics

Postby longhaircowboy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:26 pm

If theyda just let me stay they would be amazing. Your right about the trends. I played around with the link AD provided and even ran some other sites. I think they may have jumped the shark. The latest email drop from them seems to just be more of the same except for pushing The Garrison Tapes. But hey isn't that documentary 15 years old? Oh and some thing about a book Jim Marrs wrote about ATS.
Everytime I get the email I take a quick look and it always seems to be the same old thing.
Save the sheep.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed May 06, 2009 9:44 pm

ryguy wrote:
Split hairs about the accuracy of the "raw data" all you like, or whether Google trends for websites are "right on" with the raw data - the big picture remains the same. You're trending downward guys, and unless you are a little more flexible and open to the possibility that you could be doing things a lot better - it's probably going to remain that way.

So what should appear as the lead in the latest email blast from ATS.
AboveTopSecret.com Traffic From April, 2007 to April, 2009
Posted on: May 1, 2009, flags: 60
We just finished our second-straight month of three million visits in each month, and nearly 26 million page total page views. It's been a "wild ride" since we first began giving our beloved site a serious effort back in April of 2007, especially since our overall traffic has tripled in that relatively short time. Visit the full announcement thread to review some interesting traffic graphs from two different sources that show our meteoric rise in awareness. This proves that more and more people are interested in the compelling discussions created by our members. And the future has even more in store...
Visit the full thread to read the news, see the charts, read member replies, or post your own reply.

Quite impressive no?

George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu May 07, 2009 1:28 am

Someone should alert Google that their trends are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off.

Only in ATS' case of course. For every other site in the world, they're pretty darn close.

Right. lol...
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Mark's response to my initial post of stats on April 30 stated that ATS has daily uniques over 120,000 - over 3.6 million monthly. He further aid that MakeUseOf barely gets 1,000,000 uniques a month....lol - and continued on to attack my "journalistic integrity."

Ahh yes...journalistic integrity, where is it? lol...and here Mark is claiming MakeUseOf "barely gets 1 million uniques a month, and overly inflating ATS traffic numbers.

What are the accurate numbers? I got them from the MakeUseOf owner himself:

Ryan: "I used to frequent a website called AboveTopSecret.com - and I've gotten into an argument with one of the owners. Google trends shows that MakeUseOf just surpassed AboveTopSecret.com, and he's claiming that we haven't because Trends doesn't reflect the true Analytics numbers of the two sites."

That's true , Google Trends doesn't always reflect the actual numbers, raw analytics stats are what matters. That may change if Google integrates publisher Analaytics account with Google Trends but at the moment that's not the case.

Ryan: "Now he's claiming that he can check MUO's actual raw Analytics traffic....which I didn't think anyone could do without access to our server stats?"

Yup, he can't check our stats. Our host stats are turned of and Google Analytics stats require password, so he is not telling you the truth.

Ryan: "Do you know what our current monthly raw unique visitors at MUO currently are? Supposedly ATS is just over 1 million or so."

I looked at ATS and their recent article about their stats. If their numbers are correct, I think we get more visitors but they get more pageviews. We get about 1.5 million unique visits generating slightly over 3.5 mil pageviews.

Maybe Mark doesn't know the difference between uniques and pageviews...

Have fun folks. :)

-Ryan

**Edit: Removed exact email quotes and paraphrased instead **
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Todays HOT mailer from ATS headlines the Mars and Moon mysteries. You know the stuff. Supposed pictures that show anomolus structures and cities and other such imaginings. Oh and lets not leave out the alien bases.
I vote for dragons living on luna, it has a nice ring to it.
Current affairs are definitely not ATSs forte.

George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to ATS Watch