Why?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Why?

Postby jbondo » Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

I don't understand why this forum even exists. When I left there 3 years ago I was furious not only because of what I had witnessed but because I had to leave many great friends behind but when I left, I left.

I tend to get myself dragged into some of the biggest controversies and as some know the biggest ones happen behind the looking glass. I was close friends with people that were well known over there and cut ties with some that acted one way on the boards and another privately. I tried to be the same person on and off the boards. I became pretty good friends with Springer but I loathed his wife and he knew that. IMO he goes along with management against his own judgment. Or he used to, I wouldn't know what happens now over there. One thing is there was always a line neither of us crossed so we never became too close. When I first started over there I mostly lurked for the first year and I thought it was a good forum. As I posted more I became addicted to it. I said my share of stupid things but I think I held my own for the most part. It's amazing what you can glean by knowing the right people. That's where I became so involved, people just liked to tell me things. I never thought of myself as being anything important but I think many confided in me because they knew I wouldn't out them or their "secrets". It's amazing how paranoid some of them are, which I'm sure many of you like Access already know.

As I said when I started this post: I'm glad this board exists because it would seem some of us still have a bit of anger buried inside. I realize that I've used the word/letter "I" quite a lot in this post. For that I apologize but I guess it was a matter of getting out some of my frustrations that have been locked away these past 3 years.

Well, "I" feel a little better now and as much as I'd like to expose and deal stories from over there I made promises and I intend to keep them. I'm sure a few of you are in the same boat.

Did I mention how glad I was that this particular forum is on RU?
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Why?

Postby Access Denied » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 am

You’re welcome jbondo. Sounds like we had pretty much the same experience and conflicted feelings about the whole thing… :)

Thank you for sharing that!

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 am

Jbondo
Your big problem was, you let people tell you things.
Biggest mistake ever.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby jbondo » Thu May 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Thanks guys! You're both right. Actually I had no idea just how bothered I was till I started writing. I had every intention of saying we should just leave that place behind and never speak of it again but wow, my post went in a completely different direction.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to ATS Watch