SO lets one go!

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

SO lets one go!

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:43 am

Whilst the media frenzy that has been generated by the apparent South California missile incident has caught a few Conspy forums gibber jabbering (bang on cue too - they even mention it in the piece to camera in that RU link) it takes a real, potentially mentally unsound, illicit type of mind to post something for the general membership in a points protected area of the forum and then by way of fixing it opening up said restricted section of the forum for all to see.

Ahem (From RATS):

The vast majority of emails that contain such information are either already being discussed on ATS, or exceptionally dubious in nature. Once in a while, we get something very interesting, and share it with our members, clearly this is one of those times.

Fair enough you might think. RATS folk have spent all their little flags and stars to have the privilege of being privy to extra chunky pieces of the pork pie.

After all it does state at the top of every thread in RATS:

Really Above Top Secret: A protected forum for ATS members with more than 500 posts. Conversations contained in this forum are not visible to guests, members with less than 500 posts, and search engine spiders.
PLEASE DO NOT POST CONTENT FROM POSTS IN THIS FORUM TO ANY OTHER THREAD OR FORUM ON ATS.

And we all know how SO likes to point out the importance of the thread header as law as he stated here regarding the UFO forum and civility a few days ago:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Yes, as well as at the top of every page of every thread in this forum:
"This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of our tradition of supporting the examination of the extraterrestrial phenomenon on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals. Replies that make fun or otherwise ridicule and demean those posting honest experiences and/or questions will be removed. Members who post such responses repeatedly will be banned."

Or perhaps you haven't noticed.

One can be helpful and collaborative in the deconstruction of "evidence" presented in these threads, and as a result, add valuable information to the collective knowledge herein.

Or, one can be an ass.

But Alas; 3 hours and 18mins after his posting of the Missile thread in the covert forum known as RATS this occurs:

This forum costs points to enter?

Where do we pay our points to get acces, and how the hell did I get in?

And what's with the warning saying users with less than 500 posts can't see this forums...yet here I am?

This is from a member who has 363 posts at time of posting.

And this post stipulates a possible reasonable answer:

I've been puzzled about this sudden access.
I'm developing the theory that it has been "opened up" for the moment so that ATS in general can see SO's "California missiles" thread. Better enjoy it while it lasts.

Now it may be the case that RATS has changed its policy as to who can view and why. But the membership wasn't updated about this, the policy at the top still states that the area is not to be shared with any other thread of forum on ATS - which here is not. And that 500 posts are now required (which clearly isn't the case currently).

So with this in mind - and etiquette, decorum, civility and brandishing some of those who provide the user generated content that the site requires to operate as an "ass" (I've still to find a non-derogatory meaning for that - answers on a postcard please) has SO let one go?

Perhaps not as stinky as his abusive behaviour towards hard working members (You know one over there even shares the same username as me!) but it's one that's been let rip.

If the standards of following what is written above each thread on a section cannot be followed by the admin...then what chance do regular members, who provide all the content, have of following standard?

I'm sure it'll get buttered out as some sandwich filler but it sure seems like it's one set of rules for some and a completely different set of rules for another.

Judging from afar of course.

Namaste!
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Re: SO lets one go!

Postby the|exx » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:17 pm

I haven't been into RATS before. Thanks for the hot tip good buddy! I laughed at your thread in there about wanting your 5000 points back. Classic!

IRM
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Why Not? » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:29 am

M0r1arty.....

Subsequent to the posting of 7,000,000 pictures of such contrails on ATS.....

It is impossible the owners & mods think it is anything else.

The promotion of it as some sort of mystery is just silly.

Kind regards
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:55 pm

m0r1arty that thread you linked to in RATS is 404 on this end. I assume you need to be a member to see it. Is ATS up to their shenanigans again? If they are, historically a number of skeptics will be ejected as a result.

I noticed this in the 150+ page “Mysterious Missile” thread last night but I don’t have time to wade through it all so I might have missed something…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid9912706

this_is_who_we_are wrote:I really think this is important. And still no new posts from her, no response U2U. And the mod who removed the thread I started about this said "she's on every day".

this_is_who_we_are wrote:
this_is_who_we_are wrote:The Forum Moderator greeneyedleo who posted originally on page 8 that she had info firsthand from someone regarding this incident hasn't posted anything on ATS since 11:15am Wednesday morning. Her original post on page 8 was edited and now says nothing, except that it was edited. Where is she? Has anyone heard from her. Could something have happened to her?

Just sayin'

So I just started a thread asking this question because I'm a little worried about greeneyedleo since she posted that her aquantance had direct firsthand knowlege of what he said was a "launch". The thread was almost immediatlty removed by another moderator who suggested that if I needed to contact her I should U2U her. I also U2Ued her.

Just a concerned member.

Just thought I'd remind people of this.
Still no return U2U from greeneyedleo

Too which Zorgon replied…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... pid9912868

Zorgon wrote:Greeneyedleo is just fine :lol: I got u2u from her but you know I can't post it without violating the T&C. Trust me she is fine. But her source... which I will vouch for as working at Cheyenne Mt 2nd wing space command that tracks these things is not allowed to make any official statement..and as such anything she can add is only hearsay anyway in this case

So don't worry its all cool 8)

Isn’t an endorsement from Zorgon like a kiss of death? :lol:

I saw what “greeneyedleo” originally posted (essentially that they “know” what it was but can’t say) and my impression was the claim didn’t add up which quickly became apparent to others in subsequent posts so I’m not sure if her (ex?) husband or she made it up?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Why Not? » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Access Denied.....

Access Denied wrote:m0r1arty that thread you linked to in RATS is 404 on this end. I assume you need to be a member to see it. Is ATS up to their shenanigans again?

I should think ATS is very happy to see a contrail engender such traffic on their site.

Access Denied wrote:If they are, historically a number of skeptics will be ejected as a result.

Perhaps some might be ejected.

Perhaps some might simply "leave" because of the increasing silliness of it all.

Access Denied wrote:Isn’t an endorsement from Zorgon like a kiss of death? :lol:

To my mind, Zorgon simply makes such posts to intimate that he is "in the know".....that he is ATS's "007". If he is going to try to further develop the "007" theme, I will need to send him a good gym program. In the meantime, he should cut down on the carbs & get a bit of walking done.

Access Denied wrote:I saw what “greeneyedleo” originally posted (essentially that they “know” what it was but can’t say) and my impression was the claim didn’t add up which quickly became apparent to others in subsequent posts so I’m not sure if her (ex?) husband or she made it up?

Based on my previous (& enjoyable) experience & interactions with greeneyedleo, she has always seemed to approach such things quite rationally. My intuitive leap on this one is she might be getting tired of some of the silliness & she decided to opt out of the discussion.

Kind regards
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Why Not? wrote:Based on my previous (& enjoyable) experience & interactions with greeneyedleo, she has always seemed to approach such things quite rationally.

That's what I thought.

Why Not? wrote:My intuitive leap on this one is she might be getting tired of some of the silliness & she decided to opt out of the discussion.

Makes sense, hopefully she wasn't duped into making that post.

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Why Not? » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Access Denied.....

Access Denied wrote:hopefully she wasn't duped into making that post.

I was also thinking about that possibility.

I wonder if she is conflicted by current events.

Perhaps that's why she appears to have been extremely "quiet" during recent times.

Kind regards
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:04 am

I really like GEL. We've been mates for a long time and she is a very good mod. One that hasn't forgotten her roots. When I copped my ban (my fault) recently, she did a lot on her part to get me reinstated so I'll always be thankful to her. I might try and chase her up on FB and see how she's travelling.

She isn't prone to BS so I think something else is in play here. Perhaps her schooling is hectic atm?

|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Apparently they've changed the criteria for entering RATS:

Really Above Top Secret: A protected forum for ATS members with more than 200 posts. Conversations contained in this forum are not visible to guests, members with less than 500 posts, and search engine spiders.
PLEASE DO NOT POST CONTENT FROM POSTS IN THIS FORUM TO ANY OTHER THREAD OR FORUM ON ATS.

Quite contradictory, really. :lol:
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to ATS Watch