On the ATS Culling Program - FTR (Hi, Springer)

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: On the ATS Culling Program - FTR (Hi, Springer)

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:24 pm

ah, well don't put your own membership at risk as its not worth it, if you continue to push SO you will probably get a ban under the made up "community moderation" rule or whatever it was SO gave me as an excuse because i never actually broke the t and c...

and if you mean RU by the term "at this end" then yes i agree, BUT, i think RU has been gaining a lot of good members recently and im sure that given time we will have a good group capable of solving most puzzles, but we need to keep posting as much as we can to keep the interest of new members.

im a bit useless in the way of analysing videos at this time but only due to me not having a p.c, my last one died of an overheated bgm gpu chip (common failure on hp pavilion) and due to my injury and economic reasons im unable to replace it for now!,

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby BoredNow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:08 am

Never mind.
BoredNow

Postby chrLz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 am

BoredNow wrote:Never mind.

OK. I won't.

:?
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am

Profound.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby franspeakfree » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:10 am

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:I've been my usual self on ATS, and didn't do anything that I think you could specifically point to as grounds for banning. But there was a campaign from some of the believers to "get" folks like me any way they can. I re-read the latest threads I posted in to see if I was over the top, but I wasn't. Hell, there were folks posting way worse things than I was. But you know how their selective moderation goes.

I was always on thin ice over there anyway, so that combined with a coordinated U2U campaign to get like-minded believers to hit the alert button on my posts and complain enough to the mods that finally booted me. I'm not really upset, place was getting out of control anyway, but I don't really care for the chickenshit manner that they are using to ban folks.

I can't believe that ATS would allow such a thing let alone endorse it. IMHO to set up some kind of campaign is against T&C's and anyone taking part in anything like that should be banned with immediate effect. That sort of malicious act should not be tolerated!
franspeakfree

Postby BoredNow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:37 pm

m0r1arty wrote:

Profound.

-m0r

LOL, MrMask's thread about the Jerusalem UFO was gone for a while yesterday, it looked as though it had been trashed, so I asked if anyone knew what had happened. Then the thread was suddenly up and running again, so I edited my post.... In a not so profound way, lol.

:D

Also sad to see that IgnoreTheFacts has been stealth banned. Cowardly way of getting rid of people, and a good way to avoid troublesome questions from other members about why he has been removed. Deny ignorance, my ass.
BoredNow

Postby Slippery Jim » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 pm

franspeakfree wrote:I can't believe that ATS would allow such a thing let alone endorse it. IMHO to set up some kind of campaign is against T&C's and anyone taking part in anything like that should be banned with immediate effect. That sort of malicious act should not be tolerated!

I think you'll find that the Admins over there have a very flexible view of what their T&Cs are. Basically, if you criticise them they will judge that you have broken their rules and you will be banned.

They do not promote free and open discussion. ATS is a cash cow to them and anyone threatening their revenue stream is anathema to them.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Why Not? » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:23 am

IgnoreTheFacts.....

Well.....I dunno mate.....

I reckon you were starting to go a bit soft over there.

After your epic reply.....

"Your post proves this place is infected by ignorant morons"

.....I don't think you ever quite reached that high point again!

Cheers mate
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Access Denied wrote:
IgnoreTheFacts wrote:Odd, no sooner than I posted a few things over here I can't seem to access my ATS account any longer.

Pretty childish if it was because of that, you didn't even post anything critical?

It's not being childish, it's called being a bitch. That is all that Springer is, a bitch. I would love Springer to come here and answer our questions why he is stealth-banning people, why he doesn't have the courage to tell them why they are being banned. But he won't, because being a bitch, he cannot stand being questioned or criticized. So he will hide, like a coward, in his little corner of the internet, safe in the delusion that he is a powerful player in the realm of esoterica.

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:i had a similar gang thing happen to me during the new york ”sightings" threads, i kept getting u2u's from certain members accusing me off being a disinfo agent etc and saying they had all been discussing me in private and were extremely suspicious...

Same thing happened to me. I even received death-threats. One claimed to be a former Navy SEAL who would track me down and kill my family. Considering it's been over six months and I'm still here, there must be a reason he's a former SEAL.

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:one even resorted to outright name calling in a threads that i wasn't even involved in, funny how that guy is still there posting and i got banned...

Though that never happened to me, I've seen it happen a lot to Phage and skeptics in general (even though that's supposed to be against the T&C).

I wonder if the supposed reputation of ATS being a site for debunkers finally got to The Bitch.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby the|exx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:05 am

DoomsdayRex wrote:
RICH-ENGLAND wrote:one even resorted to outright name calling in a threads that i wasn't even involved in, funny how that guy is still there posting and i got banned...

Though that never happened to me, I've seen it happen a lot to Phage and skeptics in general (even though that's supposed to be against the T&C).

Actually it did! I remember a couple of threads from last year that you weren't involved with where a few members discussed you openly in a manner that was in violation of T&C... ATS is a big place!

|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Why Not? wrote:IgnoreTheFacts.....

Well.....I dunno mate.....

I reckon you were starting to go a bit soft over there.

After your epic reply.....

"Your post proves this place is infected by ignorant morons"

.....I don't think you ever quite reached that high point again!

Cheers mate
Why Not?

LOL, ya got me there. But that was no more than I usually do. And, if you read the thread you can see plenty of examples of the 'other side" saying that and much worse. And they get away with it.

But I'm not upset at being banned, because I understand what ATS is. And that is a business. Any business has a right to refuse customers, even if they don't charge for their product. If too much (or too loud of) one type of customer risks eroding the maniacal support base of the lunatics, well they have to be removed. For ATS to work as a business, they have to live off the.......ah, er...lets just say....ignorant morons posting utter b.s.. Plain and simple. That is why they stay so busy....there are a lot of ignorant morons out there. And folks like me they only tolerate for so long compare to their core target of idiotic morons.

That is why this place is not as busy, there are not enough ignorant morons posting absolute tripe. Thus, if this place was a for profit business it would not be doing too good. Maybe you all need more morons around here, lol. If you would like I can register an alto-ego and play one just to spice things up around here? (kidding).

The only thing, and I mean only thing that bothers me is the chickenshit manner they ban people there. They do it in a way that doesn't even show to other members that you have been banned for obvious reasons. And it is chickenshit. But, it works for their business and that's what counts for them.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby calcoastseeker » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Damn that is the best explanation of what ATS has become!

It is nothing more than a social media site.

I read SO responding to a post and he was talking about analyticals and how many visitors to the site and how long they stayed etc.

I thought that is was now all about that and nothing about content or discussion anymore.

How sad it has become.

Plus the "deny ignorance " is a joke.

They claim 201,000 members but the members list I used to be able to see only showed about 180,000 registered members.

I questioned the difference and was banned for it,and my post was removed.
calcoastseeker

Postby Slippery Jim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:That is why this place is not as busy, there are not enough ignorant morons posting absolute tripe. Thus, if this place was a for profit business it would not be doing too good. Maybe you all need more morons around here, lol. If you would like I can register an alto-ego and play one just to spice things up around here? (kidding).

Jesus....! I'm doing my best! :roll:

8)
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DarkHearted » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:That is why this place is not as busy, there are not enough ignorant morons posting absolute tripe. Thus, if this place was a for profit business it would not be doing too good. Maybe you all need more morons around here, lol. If you would like I can register an alto-ego and play one just to spice things up around here? (kidding).

I like this place as quiet as it is...it's good :D
DarkHearted

Postby Jocko Flocko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:45 am

Wow, I'm absolutely blown away that ITF has been "banned" from there, it's completely frigging mind blowing. It's a shining example of what happens when you give little nerds (ATS moderators) positions of power. Pathetic little turds that have been nothing their whole life that finally have a chance to redeem themselves. I don't know whats worse, getting ones ass kicked for hitting on the wrong girl at a bar, or getting banned by a big fat slob of a nerd who lives in mommy and daddy's basement at the age of 30. :(

I've been busy with work for the last couple months way up north in the Frozen Tundra of Canada's arctic. I've been freezing my testicles off contracting for the military working on navigational guidance equipment at Canadian military installations. It really sucked; no pussy and beer was extremely expensive... I come back and see that the IQ level at ATS has dropped even further below the frost line. Well, it's good to see everyone here is still in good spirits.

Cheers
Jocko
Jocko Flocko

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch