On the ATS Culling Program - FTR (Hi, Springer)

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Re: On the ATS Culling Program - FTR (Hi, Springer)

Postby chrLz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 am

Jocko Flocko wrote:Wow, I'm absolutely blown away that ITF has been "banned" from there, it's completely frigging mind blowing. It's a shining example of what happens when you give little nerds (ATS moderators) positions of power. Pathetic little turds that have been nothing their whole life that finally have a chance to redeem themselves....

It's truly sad. For a while, I used to check out the Aliens and Ufo's forum, in the increasingly forlorn hope that some decent stuff might manage to percolate to the top. But now I just don't bother. I still have a minor interest in an Apollo deniers thread, but ATS is over for me - the last six months has seen an unbelievable decline.

Could have been a great site..
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Jocko Flocko wrote:Wow, I'm absolutely blown away that ITF has been "banned" from there, it's completely frigging mind blowing. It's a shining example of what happens when you give little nerds (ATS moderators) positions of power. Pathetic little turds that have been nothing their whole life that finally have a chance to redeem themselves. I don't know whats worse, getting ones ass kicked for hitting on the wrong girl at a bar, or getting banned by a big fat slob of a nerd who lives in mommy and daddy's basement at the age of 30. :(

Wow - I actually remember ITF from my days at ATS years ago...that really is surprising.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Slippery Jim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:03 am

Here's a new one! Just tried posting on ATS. Poster sounded like he was on drugs. I asked Mods if I should ask him if he was twatted or if I should report someone

I was told by U2U that I was bang out of order for suggesting a poster was on drugs.

They deleted my post.

I was only trying to help! :roll:
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Slippery Jim wrote:Here's a new one! Just tried posting on ATS. Poster sounded like he was on drugs. I asked Mods if I should ask him if he was twatted or if I should report someone

I was told by U2U that I was bang out of order for suggesting a poster was on drugs.

They deleted my post.

I was only trying to help! :roll:

You can't really do that SJ. There are many methods employed on public forums that are used to discredit people and that happens to be one of the common ones. Whether the other member was on drugs or not is irrelevant. We can't really use it in posts. Best to just attack the shoddy evidence they put forward...

Just MHO mate ;)
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:02 pm

One definition of irony, delivered by SkepticOverlord in the 'Please ATS, bring back the ignore button!' thread in the BBQ section.

The ignore button will not be returning.

It was initiated during a time of transition and growth at ATS, long ago, when we were still coming to terms with policies on dealing with disruptive members while maintaining a high standard of free expression. The original intent of the ignore feature was not to negate comments you didn't like, but to negate users who were purposefully disruptive.

Now that we have long-standing policies regarding manners and decorum, and:
-- staff tools to rapidly post-ban members
-- staff tools to rapidly remove offending posts
-- tools for members to alert staff to offending posts/threads
... there is simply no need for an ignore feature.

Not trying to be an ass, but ---> If you want such a feature simply to remove from view opinions in which you disagree, then perhaps a free-expression environment such as ATS is not for you, and you need to locate a discussion venue that doesn't tolerate a wide range of opinion. (Just sayin')

Availing yourself to a variety of opinion and viewpoints is a fundamental aspect of ATS. An ability to ignore specific opinions is opposed to the core ideal of denying ignorance.

I reckon they'll be painting the Star of David in yellow and black paint on sceptical avatars shortly.

Happy November 10th everyone!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:38 pm

It's good to know that not much has changed, infact it seems back on the agenda again with a little bump and edit from Springer to boot.

UPDATE

This thread was originally titled, "ENOUGH! YouTube Videos in the A/UFO Forum and those who hate them," and initiated just over a year ago. While we experienced some short-term improvement, it appears as though civility and manners in the Aliens & UFOs forum is in short supply again -- primarily as a result of habitual debunkers and those who seek to merely poke fun at sightings of any type.

Let the bumping of this thread serve as an additional and new warning that our staff will not tolerate incivility and and rudeness as is currently being experienced here.

Such posts are subject to immediate removal and/or actions against your account status on ATS.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread627758/pg1

Although they claim those having a go at the skeptics will get the same treatment.
Maybe we can hold them to that.
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Can anyone who still visits check my profile. As I can't see anything beyond the index page whilst logged in.

So they retain my membership via cookies but have removed all privileges other than logging in and seeing the index page.

It could have something to do with a breaking news thread I posted up yesterday (The one thing I could do - but I'd played that game with them before a couple of years ago).

I just want to know if I'm properly banned now or if they are retaining my text, images and indeed now 'fake' membership and utilising it to their own ends.

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby HomingPigeon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 am

If your name is spelled as is here, then it does not appear to be in the list of members in good standing. Looks like they no longer show the banned members.
HomingPigeon

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks HP!

-m0r

EDIT: Just to add I then logged out after hearing Pigeon's observances and was greeted with this hilarious screen,

m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby HomingPigeon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I ran across a youtube that stated you were one of the ATS disinfo agents. Guess they got their membership lists mixed up and banned you accidentally. :)

HomingPigeon

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks Homing Pigeon!

That appears to be from the same template that Judy Faltskog/James van Greunen used to claim that those who whittled out the details of their hoax were paedophiles and criminals. I kept a mirror of it on my YouTube channel:

I wasn't banned from ATS for any association with disinfo, I was banned because the owners have no integrity and wish to censor anyone who shows the slightest notion of equality and justice.

I know some of the mods to be OK people, but I'm surprised that they'd rather keep their status whilst knowing how corrupt ATS is over resigning and choosing to challenge what the truth is in a better fashion.

The truth is ugly, and ATS is all about the glitz.

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby HomingPigeon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 am

ATS tends to strike out against those who promote links elsewhere or post certain info. I tend to think their agenda is something more than ad money.

Those youtubes were quite lame. Nothing but some opinion about some other members. If someone wants to accuse someone, they might be advised to post some facts. Let us make an educated decision. Otherwise, it is just an rant.
HomingPigeon

Postby m0r1arty » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:32 am

I agree those YouTube videos were just rants and were a slanderous waste of time. But such is the nature of that hoaxer.

ATS tends to strike out against those who promote links elsewhere or post certain info. I tend to think their agenda is something more than ad money.

I disagree with you on this but not to the effect that I am against you. I feel they have been underhanded with me and many of those who started posting here at the same time as me but I also feel that they're burning their bridges with those who will continue their stance against unsubstantiated claims and ultimately succeed at least in the Aliens and UFO area.

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby HomingPigeon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm

I agree there are people removed for posting information that is opinion or fact and not just a T&C violation. As before, I am not sure exactly what the information agenda is but there does seem to be one.

I tend to lean toward assuring any topic is always undecided by the masses and therefore continues to be open for discussion. Plus members are not allowed to irritate mods.

What is you take on their control methods?
HomingPigeon

Postby m0r1arty » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 am

What is you take on their control methods?

Underhanded, in breach of their own terms and conditions and pathetic.

Don't get me wrong it's a rumbustious crowd and it requires controlling but I feel they quietly remove those who are trying to resolve queries with legitimate reason and increase the volume of those who are deluded beyond hope.

I'm not surprised to see so many spree killing people belong to their membership.

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

PreviousNext

Google

Return to ATS Watch