Reality dawns

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Reality dawns

Postby Slippery Jim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:54 pm

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread630457/pg1

Q "I didn't want to be the one to say this but.... is Emma interested in UFOs? Does Dave want to be more than a 'friend' to Emma? "

A "Yes my daughter does believe there is a phenomena entering our sky's. She is a member on here, but I don't think she has posted anything.
And your other question..I am also wondering the exact same thought. I shall get us some answers over the weekend."

:lol:
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Reality dawns

Postby BoredNow » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:03 pm

What is the point of your thread, Slippery Jim? Why should we care even remotely about Dave and Emma and who wants to be more than a friend to who? This is BS.

Oh, and SkepticOverlord will be pleased again that you linked to an ATS thread to give him traffic. Keep it up, he might make you staff one day.

Jesus...
BoredNow

Postby Slippery Jim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:08 pm

I thought it was funny.

If you don't have a sense of humour thats not my problem.

SJ.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, isn't this called "ATS Watch?" Errr.... posting links to ATS so everyone can 'watch' them... isn't that the whole point? If you disagree feel free to report me to this site's owners.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby BoredNow » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Slippery Jim wrote:
EDIT: Oh, by the way, isn't this called "ATS Watch?" Errr.... posting links to ATS so everyone can 'watch' them... isn't that the whole point? If you disagree feel free to report me to this site's owners.

What the hell..? You think the point of this forum is to link to ATS threads to monitor them? Spesifically threads where some ATS member may or may not be interested in another ATS member?

From Access Denied's "Welcome to ATS Watch":

This forum is being offered by RU as a public service to the Internet community in response to numerous concerns expressed by members, both current and past, of the AboveTopSecret forums, that ATS has been, or is, involved in the manipulation of information (e.g. hoaxes) and that this practice may in fact be sanctioned/promoted by, or involve the direct participation of, the management of ATS.

The purpose of this forum is to explore whether or not any credible evidence for such claims exist and offer those who are concerned a place to discuss these issues free from the censorship many of us have witnessed to occur on ATS regarding these matters. It is our hope that if in fact any of this is occurring, or even if it isn’t, increased scrutiny will discourage this practice from occurring in the future, set the record straight, and ultimately lead to a more a responsible Internet community in general when it comes to discussing “alternative” topics… for heaven’s sake people, think about the children!

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1257

Do you see ANYTHING AT ALL in there about montoring and linking to ATS threads to follow obscure ATS-members' attempts to get a love life going?

Get a grip, for crying out loud.
BoredNow

Postby Slippery Jim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:57 pm

BoredNow wrote:Do you see ANYTHING AT ALL in there about montoring and linking to ATS threads to follow obscure ATS-members' attempts to get a love life going?

Get a grip, for crying out loud.

I don't see anything in there that prohibits links to ATS. Do you?

You seem to be going off on one. I don't know why.

As I said, this thread is entitled "ATS Watch." I thought that meant we were able to point to ATS threads and watch them.

If I'm wrong in this belief then I'm more than happy for the Admins on this site to ban me. Make your complaint.

SJ.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:41 am

Slippery Jim, BoredNow is correct...

This forum was originally created to “watch” how the management of ATS “moderates” the discussion over there, specifically for any signs of manipulation of information or membership in order to “drive” certain topics in a direction that’s more favorable to quantity (generating profits) that quality (denying ignorance).

Bill and Co. always like to say the content is 100% membership driven with no editorial influence whatsoever but we all know better than that… :)

As an example of what I mean, in response to the creation of this forum and others, SO created the “ATS Issues Thread” in the BBQ forum to try and drive complaints about the direction the forum was going back over there where they could deal with them on their own terms… which is to say they simply wanted a way to contain them and had no intention of actually dealing with the issues.

Curiously I note that thread which was stickied to the top of the forum for the longest time has recently been unstuck and allowed to drop of the radar for some reason but I digress…

Please refrain from linking to any threads or posts over there simply because you find the topic particularly annoying or whatever unless the management (to include staff) become involved in some apparently questionable way.

Now that could include pointing out instances where the management really should get involved and haven’t but generally that should be reserved for only the most “visible” threads that are clearly bunk but are allowed to drag on for tens of pages or more creating controversy and unnecessary friction between members…

Of course RU is primarily focused on the subject of UFOs so those are the kind of topics we are normally most concerned about.

Makes sense?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:22 am

No problem AD. Won't do it again.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:05 am

No worries Slippery Jim...

Access Denied wrote:Bill and Co. always like to say the content is 100% membership driven with no editorial influence whatsoever but we all know better than that… :)

I must be psychic…

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread635038/pg1

Skeptic Overloard wrote:Most people here on ATS who have been around awhile know me as being "skeptical" that UFO sightings represent something of non-terrestrial origin. I've been on record several times stating that I simply don't believe we mere earthlings would be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel. However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.

Currently the thread has more flags (144) than posts (142) taking it straight to the front page... go figure.

ETA:

Springer wrote:In any case, I am thrilled to see this being met with honest skepticism rather than bashing and ridicule.

Excellent day on ATS.

Subtle... not. :roll:

P. T. Barnum was right... :lol:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby chrLz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:34 am

Access Denied wrote:
Bill and Co. always like to say the content is 100% membership driven with no editorial influence whatsoever but we all know better than that… :)

I must be psychic…

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread635038/pg1

Oh dearie me... SO is like a diamond, I think - completely transparent..

I was looking out for a thread upon which to make my final ATS post, and i think you just found it for me...

I shall consider my reply carefully, and as this is such an important topic, also post it here.. (grin) After all, this could prove to be a very important sighting, maybe even worthy of a new thread. Such a shame it has no visual documentation other than what SO could knock up himself... But anyway, perhaps now is the moment for RU and ATS to put their collective minds together and solve this one... I'm sure the truth is almost staring us in the face. 8)

ETA:
Springer wrote:In any case, I am thrilled to see this being met with honest skepticism rather than bashing and ridicule.
Excellent day on ATS.

PRICELESS!!!!
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Why Not? » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 am

Chrlz.....

I think SO might have seen starlight reflecting transiently from the elegant silver hairs adorning his rippling pecs.

Kind regards
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Most people here on ATS who have been around awhile know me as being "skeptical" that UFO sightings represent something of non-terrestrial origin. I've been on record several times stating that I simply don't believe we mere earthlings would be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel. However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.

Good to see SO's intelligence and knowledge is so grand that he's aware of every single, possible terrestrial explanation. That's impressive.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby chrLz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:34 am

ryguy wrote:
Most people here on ATS who have been around awhile know me as being "skeptical" that UFO sightings represent something of non-terrestrial origin. I've been on record several times stating that I simply don't believe we mere earthlings would be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel. However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.

Good to see SO's intelligence and knowledge is so grand that he's aware of every single, possible terrestrial explanation. That's impressive.

Yet unbelievably :D, his missive contains some .. .. er ..

.. 'discrepancies' might be a good word...

I am currently drafting a 'fullsome' analysis/reply to his sighting. I suspect it might not last long at ATS, so I'll post it here also. Might be a day or so before I finish polishing it a little...

[thinks]I wonder if my login will still work..[/thinks]

Added PS - Why Not, I shall see if I can work your hypothesis into my analysis. It's very close to my own, but there are some subtle differences... :D
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Access Denied » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 am

ryguy wrote:Good to see SO's intelligence and knowledge is so grand that he's aware of every single, possible terrestrial explanation. That's impressive.

I'll say, I can't think of an extraterrestial explanation for this one.

chrLz wrote:I am currently drafting a 'fullsome' analysis/reply to his sighting.

Looking forward to it...

:ppcrn
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby chrLz » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:54 am

Access Denied wrote:
ryguy wrote:Good to see SO's intelligence and knowledge is so grand that he's aware of every single, possible terrestrial explanation. That's impressive.

I'll say, I can't think of an extraterrestial explanation for this one.
chrLz wrote:I am currently drafting a 'fullsome' analysis/reply to his sighting.

Looking forward to it...
:ppcrn

{Snoopy climbs (slightly nervously, but trying hard not to show it) into the cockpit of his Sopwith Camel F.1. He pulls his leather helmet down tightly, lowers his goggles, checks the aim of his twin Vickers guns.. and finally.. readies the Bentley rotary engine for firing..}

Well, chaps, wish me luck. I'm going in!

{looks down at attendant, extends his arm with thumb raised, yells "Contact!!!", and the engine roars into life....}

...to be continued... :lol:
chrLz

Postby Access Denied » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:27 am

I see what you did there, well played Sir…

[tops off the main tank and double checks the auxiliary, wipes the dead bugs off of Snoopy’s goggles and hands them back to him]

You know, I’ve been thinking, maybe I’m doing this wrong. I’ve never posted an account of my “classic” UFO sighting because even it was an alien spaceship, I’ve always believed people’s opinions should be judged based solely on the strength or weakness of their arguments and evidence.

Hmm…

Tom
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Next

Google

Return to ATS Watch