Could someone do me a favour?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

Could someone do me a favour?

Postby Slippery Jim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:24 pm

If someone has posting rights over the road could you pop round to a thread called "Biggest NASA Cover Up Ever - Disk Shape UFO Clearly Examining Hubble" and point out that it is neither a UFO nor a reflection. Its a camera which NASA uses for external examination of equipment and the shuttle's heat tiles.Its called a Flying Eyeball.

I'd do it myself but I'm banned. 8)
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Could someone do me a favour?

Postby nablator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Slippery Jim wrote:Its called a Flying Eyeball.

NASA's amazing Mini AERCam is ball shaped. This one is oval and identical to the aperture of the HST, including many details. It's a reflection.
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Actually, seeing the hi-res photo now, you're right. At first I thought it was a 4:3 aspect ratio photo which had been stretched to appear as a 16:9 image. I wasn't thinking very straight as that would have shortened and widened a sphere. Also, on the hi-res you can see a faint secondary reflection displaced to the right and up of the first.

That'll teach me to post at work before I have a chance to really look at an image. :lol:
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby nablator » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:04 am

I learned something today. Thanks.

Have you noticed how difficult it is to find other pictures of the "flying eyeball"? There is one that looks different. An early model maybe...

It must be a conspiracy. :)
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:38 am

NASA started making these things in 2005 and that is the model I showed. I'm sure they have upgraded them many times since then.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:18 am

nablator wrote:I learned something today. Thanks.

Me too! I knew they had one but had never seen it.

And with that revelation, my reputation as a master nasagrapher is in ruins. oh wait, i didn't have one.. :)

Have you noticed how difficult it is to find other pictures of the "flying eyeball"?

That makes me feel a little better...

I'm afraid i can't be bothered helping ATS in that arena, so I didn't visit.. let them reap what they sow, I say!
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:33 pm

The guy/girl that posted this on ATS is a known idiot. They constantly post utter crap, complete with all the necessary CAPITALIZATION and extra punctuation marks!!@!!!!!!>>??????!!!!

This idiot does this all the time, and there is NO WAY things he/she posts can possibly be honestly believed by the poster they are so stupid. But, they bring clicks. ATS is a business and they need more idiots like HumanAlien posting as those threads get the most attention.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 am

I saw the thread when it was originally created. Knowing what a train wreck it was going to be, I didn't bother hanging around. If anything, it's testament to the fact that most of the 'believer' crowd that post this junk have little education and no research skills at all. They basically just make s^~t up! These knuckle draggers demonstrate how much easier it is to walk downhill.

the|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Jocko Flocko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:52 am

Man, what I would do to have one of those things at my disposal. I know for a fact there's some strippers that live a couple doors down and they tan in the nude in the summer, this would be great.

Mind boggling that the average ATS tard would jump on this as some kind of valid UFO. It's staggering just how deep the ATS dumb factor really runs...
Jocko Flocko

Google

Return to ATS Watch