This is a new one!

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

This is a new one!

Postby Slippery Jim » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 am

"I'll be honest, staff doesn't have the time to moderate these boards and explaing every single action taken. Besides, most members know why a post has been removed as they know even before hitting the submit button that their post will be removed if reported or if a mod sees it."

Kafkaesc or what? :shock:
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: This is a new one!

Postby Smersh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:07 am

I guess they need to employ more moderators then. :?

I've been "lurking" at ATS for about 4 years now, just reading stuff but haven't yet got around to joining. Amongst other things I guess it's because of statements like that, that deter me from actually signing up and joining in.

That said, I usually visit at least once per day to catch up on the latest topics and the ones that have been getting stars and flags and I've found some truly wonderful stuff in there - along with a whole load of rubbish of course, and stuff that gets repeated over and over ad-infintum. Even though I've never discussed anything with them, many of the regular posters seem like friends now, people like Phage, Ozweatherman, Maybe, Maybe Not, Chadwickus, Weedwhacker and many others.

For pure entertainment value it's unbeatable imo. But I still doubt I'll ever join ... :o
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Slippery Jim wrote:"I'll be honest, staff doesn't have the time to moderate these boards and explaing every single action taken. Besides, most members know why a post has been removed as they know even before hitting the submit button that their post will be removed if reported or if a mod sees it."

Kafkaesc or what? :shock:

On the rare occasions that I've made a post that moderators have taken action upon, and I am not quite sure why, I have always had every query answered if I have questioned the action. On a couple of occasions I even had my points reinstated along with a short apology. I do agree that many people have a fair idea that they may or may not have crossed the line at some point. The T&C's are pretty clear. Attack the evidence (or lack thereof) and not the person. If someone calls you an a--hole, do not rebut in kind. Alert mods. :wink:

Of course, we are all human and sometimes we all post in haste.

IRM :lol:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:45 pm

the|exx wrote:Of course, we are all human and sometimes we all post in haste.

I'm currently post-banned on there. The reason? I started a thread (note this: I started the thread!) then GEL removed one of my posts for being off-topic. I STARTED THE DAMN THREAD! :evil:

Then I had the temerity to ask why my post, in the thread I started, was deemed to be off-topic. I was told by U2U (they never justify their actions publicly) that I was in contravention of abusing moderator interaction.

What? By questioning their actions? :shock:
Last edited by Access Denied on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trimmed quote
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 am

Slippery Jim wrote:

Then I had the temerity to ask why my post, in the thread I started, was deemed to be off-topic. I was told by U2U (they never justify their actions publicly) that I was in contravention of abusing moderator interaction.

Seems very odd SJ. Perhaps they knew who you were or something? lol!

- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:03 pm

that was pretty much their reason/excuse for banning me as they couldn't find a real one so invented one...

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:11 am

the|exx wrote:
Slippery Jim wrote:

Seems very odd SJ. Perhaps they knew who you were or something? lol!

Be careful. They monitor this site.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:that was pretty much their reason/excuse for banning me as they couldn't find a real one so invented one...

thanks

rich

They've invented reasons three times for me now. Each time it was when I questioned their administration of their site.

They claim to be the foremost website to question mainstream authoritarianism yet utilise censureship more than any government. Hypocritical bastards! :evil:
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:that was pretty much their reason/excuse for banning me as they couldn't find a real one so invented one...

thanks

rich

Thats what they do, Rich. If you disagree with The Credulous you are removing their revenue. They don't like that and you are going to be banned.

Its pathetic, really.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 am

Slippery Jim wrote:

thanks

rich

Thats what they do, Rich. If you disagree with The Credulous you are removing their revenue. They don't like that and you are going to be banned.

Its pathetic, really.

I do that all the time and I'm yet to be banned for any such thing. However I was temporarily banned for calling another member a nasty four letter name in u2u... so I kinda deserved that one!

IRM :shock:
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to ATS Watch