ATS Hate speech is rampant.

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

ATS Hate speech is rampant.

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Now I don't know if this is just me noticing this but it seems everywhere I turn on ATS lately I come across somebody posting racist and xenophobic vitriol and a myriad of other instances of people just generally hating on each other.
Surely others have noticed it too?
Everybody seems to be at it regardless of their background and are flinging it at everybody else too just as long as someone does things differently it seems they are fair game.
Even threads about the economy are spawning xenophobic comments drawing parralels with nazi Germany and who really helped who in the WW1&2. The threads regarding the latest EU happenings are just embarrassing.

And often i see the arguments like "So it's now racist to have some national pride" or "this is a social issue not a racist one".
Now that brings up a good point, national identity is important to some but at what point does standing up for your beliefs turn into a genuine hatred for others and make name calling acceptable?

As an example here is one quote that features that amazing line you tend to hear so often, this was from a thread about the recent attack in Belgium, which nobody has the full story yet but an awful lot of posters seem to already know it and naturally it's one race or anothers fault.......
Geography is no accident. Whatever way you want to spin it.... Morroccans don't belong in Belgium. Pakistanis don't belong in England. Chinese don't belong in Ireland. Somalis don't belong in France. Vietnamese don't belong in Germany. Arabs don't belong in Australia. The world will never be the harmonious melting pot of cultures, all holding hands and singing that naiave people like you want it to be, so why pretend? I am not racist. Nor do I have any desire to enforce my cultures and beliefs on any of the cultures I have listed above, so why should I tolerate theirs forced on me and my Christian children? Because of something that some white leaders did hundreds of years ago? Get serious.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... id13008782
Good job he/she's not racist. :roll: Maybe people see no problem with that, I don't know share your view.

That's just one example, I could be here all day pointing at various posts from different forums. Just pick one with the word Muslim in the title, it's bound to throw up something.

There are even numerous threads on the same topic, even created by the owners.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread502628/pg1
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread434353/pg7
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689817/pg1

Why let it continue?

Even the aliens get a serving.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread785236/pg1
And it didn't take all that long for that thread to turn into a shouting match of who's nation is better.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too precious about it but ATS supposedly does not allow this type of talk in their T&C so I wonder why they let it continue?
It certainly isn't good practice if you ask me and out of all the issues one can have with ATS it's this one that makes me want to stop visiting the site and leave the racist morons to it.

tl:dr ATS is still s^~t.
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Re: ATS Hate speech is rampant.

Postby m0r1arty » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:51 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. ATS is a nut-house filled with loons.

By censoring those with discerning voices it's owners and moderators are enabling whatever actions will occur from its mentally challenged membership.

Nothing short of killers and pedos in my opinion.

I'm glad not to be associated with it.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:14 pm

agreed. the place is a joke with a 99% idiot ratio and that includes some of the moderators and owners, its extremely rare that i even look on there now. there's far better things to do than spend 25 pages failing to convince lunatics that theyve posted yet another video of a chinese lantern.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:14 pm

I noticed that too, it was just as bad a few years ago and hasn't gotten any better as far as the level of racism goes. Noticed that it centers around Muslims too - maybe it's because so many members are just not from what you might call the "cultured" segment of society, and that is a group that tends to believe in all of the racial stereotypes out there.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby the|exx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:28 am

Don't enter the threads you may find offensive, or if you find offensive material within a thread, reports it or just leave instead of having a cow over it. Simple ;) Life's too short man.

the|exx :wink:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby calcoastseeker » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:14 am

ATS is going down hill really fast. I believe the only thing that is keeping them around is the new members that keep finding the place and registering.
I found this site a few years ago and check it frequently.
Look at the graphs for ATS.
http://www.big-boards.com/board/701/
Some times it does not load for me.I assume it is when it is updating.
ATS has lost its appeal and is dying a slow death. =D>
calcoastseeker

Postby m0r1arty » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Thought I'd pop by and post an update on the maddening decline of ATS.

Seems culling the sceptics didn't do them any favours and now they're fighting off the loons (And possibly lawyers) alone over there (ROTFLMAO).

Springer's nicely titled **ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW. at least contains a fullstop in it, so you know he's close to rage when he's controlling himself so.

Figures indicate that they've collapsed regarding fresh traffic or returning members and all they do have now are the trolls and the mods there. Being a US, Israel and Iran election year, the London Olympics and the Mayan calendar ending I don't expect them to be operating on anywhere near the level they once where this time next year as their reputation will be worth dick if current trends are followed.

That traffic has got to go somewhere...why not here?

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby the|exx » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I hardly go any more. It's not the same since the whole crew was disbanded... and with it went a lot of intelligent conversation. Shame!

IRM :?
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Jocko Flocko » Mon May 14, 2012 1:45 am

What's even as equally insane as some of the extreme UFO "I'll believe anything at all costs because I'm enlightened crowd" are the unbelievable amount of idiotic borderline neo-nazi "Israel is the cause of everything" conspiracy nut-job crowds. Just reading some of the fecal matter that some of these troglodytes dream up is enough to make any sane person question their own integrity for even reading some of the garbage that these asinine simpletons post.

I'm starting to think there's a constant stream of anti-semitic white trash hill-billy's registering via links from the hate website Stormfront, there's really no other explanation other than the fact that the majority of these people are just plain gullible and have the IQ level of a small rodent.
Jocko Flocko

Postby m0r1arty » Tue May 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Jocko Flocko wrote:...there's really no other explanation other than the fact that the majority of these people are just plain gullible and have the IQ level of a small rodent.

Please.

Don't insult rodents!

:D

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Google

Return to ATS Watch