ATS = Altruism + Trust + Sincerity?

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

ATS = Altruism + Trust + Sincerity?

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:04 pm

For those who missed it, I made myself a pain in the ass at ATS today.


Here's a link to the now-locked thread.


And if for some reason this thread ends up MIA:


Here's page 1 of the 2 page thread.

And here's page 2.


As a result of the above exchange, Simon Gray contacted me via U2U and he was none too happy.

:shakeshead:



And I know some won't agree with me but........

I do not believe anyone who:

1. justifies creating websites for a game (or advertising, or a movie etc) and does not see the need to clearly indicate the intent of the information therein

and/or

2. believes it is OK to include fake news (or anything else) needed to fulfill the intent of that domain


is NOT demonstrating the moral character and integrity required to tout their current forum as:

ATS = Altruism + Trust + Sincerity
Last edited by Shawnna on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
User avatar
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 pm


Postby Springer » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 pm

Shawnna, while I understand you have a burning desire to find a conspiracy about or on our site where there is none I REALLY have to wonder about this one. :lol: I think you need to get Zep Tepi to explain what a Fan Site is to you. :@@:

To think Simon needs to make announcement about a fan site he made when he was teen ager SIX YEARS AGO, forgot about completely, that was about a PC Game that had an online component is ludicrous.

He made that site before he even met S.O. and I and he forgot about it soon there after, never worried about it because most people understand a FAN SITE is just that, a site that pays homage to something you are a fan of. ;)

This is about as inane as me discovering Zep Tepi had made some gag site and coming here demanding an explanation and declaring RU a farce because of it. That doesn't make sense unless I had ulterior motives, was extremely PARANOID or was utterly ignorant of the internet.

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:53 pm

Springer wrote:Shawnna, while I understand you have a burning desire to find a conspiracy about or on our site where there is none I REALLY have to wonder about this one. :lol: I think you need to get Zep Tepi to explain what a Fan Site is to you. :@@:



Your "understanding" about me is 100% WRONG, Springer. I have no burning desire to find a conspiracy whatsoever.

What I do have a burning desire to do is expose bollocks when I see it.


Springer wrote:To think Simon needs to make announcement about a fan site he made when he was teen ager SIX YEARS AGO, forgot about completely, that was about a PC Game that had an online component is ludicrous.

He made that site before he even met S.O. and I and he forgot about it soon there after, never worried about it because most people understand a FAN SITE is just that, a site that pays homage to something you are a fan of. ;)



In reviewing Simon's "fan" site and the proposed "game" structure, and comparing that to what ATS looks and feels like today, I can definitely see the correlation - particularly when you factor in some of the "games" ATS has come up with.

Which appear to me to be nothing more than a very clever way to drive ATS traffic and/or membership.

:roll:

Is ATS a "game" site, or is it a site designed to seriously and intelligently explore alternative topics and "deny ignorance"?


Springer wrote:This is about as inane as me discovering Zep Tepi had made some gag site and coming here demanding an explanation and declaring RU a farce because of it. That doesn't make sense unless I had ulterior motives, was extremely PARANOID or was utterly ignorant of the internet.

S...



If you discovered a previous site created by Zep Tepi that promoted hoaxes, and then came to RU where our obvious goal is to expose those hoaxes, then yes - you certainly do have the right to demand an explanation.

My point is I don't believe Simon set up the "fan" site as a "gag". Nor do I believe anyone would go to the trouble of creating a "fan" site for a game unless he fully supported the game's structure. Which in this case, appears to be condoning creating websites with whatever content is needed to fulfil the game's objective.
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
User avatar
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 pm

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:08 pm

I have made my comments on this subject in another thread. Those comments and others will be moved here shortly.

Cheers,
Zep
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Postby Simon » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Shawnna, you are showing a serious lack of intelligence by failing to see that "Majestic" was an online video game!

Its as simple as that, you are reading this information as if its truth.

You obviously can not comprehend the way the gameplay was designed to occur and think it's some form of world-wide attempt at deceit and disinformation.

I didn't create the Majestic-Alliance.com website as a "gag", I don't know how you came to use that descriptor either, I created it as I wanted to play the game and this was an attempt at creating a fan site.

Obviously, the concept of website design is something you find perplexing and difficult, while I find it quite relaxing and enjoyable. I get the impression you haven't done much looking around the web....

Your quote - "Nor do I believe anyone would go to the trouble of creating a "fan" site for a game unless he fully supported the game's structure."

People don't go through trouble to create fan sites, they do it for fun. The gameplay was intriguing and fascinated the world over, winning awards for creative design. But you fail to see this, and think its real for some strange reason.

Your quote - "Which in this case, appears to be condoning creating websites with whatever content is needed to fulfil the game's objective."

You do realise video games nowadays are not confined to a 3"x6" controller in front of a small colour TV don't you!? Gameplay to achieve a goal and winning scenario has evolved beyond that. This is the 21st century. Learn to understand that.

There are practically millions of fan sites about video games. Give it a break, you are just making yourself look stupid at the sheer lack of research but obvious amount of chatter you want to throw out into the wild.

You DO have a desire to find conspiracy in nothing, you've made that very obvious.

If its not self-evident that ATS is a discussion website of enormous proportions that is self-sustaining through free user interaction on alternative topics, then I think you should stay off the web!

Of course ATS is a destination for serious discussion, evidence of that can be seen in that we have collaborated with NASA as one example on clarifying confusion surrounding images of Mars.

Majestic-Alliance was a fan site I started but never launched, just like I have had numerous other sites in the past I have created.
Simon
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Postby Simon » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:29 pm

I can picture you among those who failed to see the long deceased Eon-4 website was one of the earliest forms of online entertainment presented in a factual approach.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue23/web.html
Simon
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Postby Hydden » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:44 pm

I was going to keep quiet, only because I think Shawnna has done some really good investigative research in the past...but ......I'm sorry.....I have to side with Simon on this one.

I'm fully aware of that game and what it entailed, and can see how she could have misinterpreted it the way she did, but a little more research should've been done before lobbing that ball.

The game would've been amazing had it not been cancelled. It was to play out alot like the movie "The Game." You would sign up with your information and the game would then commence. You could receive "real" email, faxes, phone calls, text messages, etc....as to clues and hints of what to do or where to look next to find the mystery of the story. They supposedly cancelled it after 9/11 because of the possible scare of receiving phone calls and messages in the middle of the night and the terrorism fright level at the time.

Hope this doesn't keep you (Shawnna) from investigating suspicious things in the future, but yeah......I think you misunderstood this one.

Sorry...still luv ya...

Hydden
Too much popcorn is never enough!
User avatar
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi Simon - and welcome to RU!

:wlcm:


Simon wrote:Shawnna, you are showing a serious lack of intelligence by failing to see that "Majestic" was an online video game!

Its as simple as that, you are reading this information as if its truth.



I do hope attacking my intelligence isn't the only tactic in your arsenal, Simon.

:roll:

As I stated above, I do understand the intent of the game. I also understand the 21st century and the impact that b.s. on the internet can have on belief systems.

:P

What I also believe I see quite clearly now is the true motives behind two of the three Amigos.


And it is NOT Altruism, Trust & Sincerity


My purpose in bringing this up here is because it is impossible to discuss ATS motives at ATS without getting trounced upon. Or as someone told me last night, it's kind of like pissing into the wind.

:lol:

I do hope this dialog can rise above that standard at least. To do so, let's avoid attacking each other's intelligence, OK?

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
User avatar
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 pm

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:32 pm

I've come to the conclusion that when I awoke this morning I must have entered an alternate reality. I am feeling a little bewildered, to say the least.

I always like to evaluate the evidence before jumping to a conclusion about anything - that's essentially what RU is about. The evidence as presented by the initial thread starter at ATS was weak at best and misleading at worse.

As far as I could see, the majority of questions posed by various people were answered promptly and clearly. Enough for me to make my own judgement anyway. I haven't got a clue why this is still an issue.

Cheers,
Zep
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:08 pm

my inclination is to side with springer and simon grey on this. i cite the erasure of all previous posts by shawnna on this (RU) site in order to conceal her views and to eliminate any tracks she may have left on the dark side. she has never addressed this issue. and why not???

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:14 pm

What I also believe I see quite clearly now is the true motives behind two of the three Amigos.


And it is NOT Altruism, Trust & Sincerity


please tell us about those 'motives.' we're all curious.

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:29 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:my inclination is to side with springer and simon grey on this. i cite the erasure of all previous posts by shawnna on this (RU) site in order to conceal her views and to eliminate any tracks she may have left on the dark side. she has never addressed this issue. and why not???

cs


Sorry, you're wrong there Toon, Shawnna has addressed that issue and it is not relevant to this discussion.

http://www.realityuncovered.com/forum/v ... .php?t=621

Cheers,
Zep
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:34 pm

was it this??



PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am deeply grateful to both Ry and Steve for their friendship and trust.


Toast to you


I will do everything I can to restore the posts that I deleted in my emotional hissy fit.


a tad unsatisfactory- but a start...

i'll still throw in with springer and simon. sorry...
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby I.P.Freely » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:19 am

I don,t know toon and I can explain more to you privately but there is one thing I know for a fact. Miss doesn,t buy into any B.S. from anyone. She is not in to drama. She may be wrong no one is perfect but if she says something it because she believes it in her heart to be true. And something else when someone, anyone needs to be rude and insult others intelligence while defending their side of an issue shows no class and they are most likely lieing or hiding something. IMHO that is
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:24 am

anyone needs to be rude and insult others intelligence while defending their side of an issue shows no class and they are most likely lieing or hiding something. IMHO that is



I don't feel that Simon was 'insulting' her intelligence- so much as assessing it. just my opinion. and he certainly has a right to his assessment, no? nor do i believe that he was 'lieing (sic) or hiding something.' he was simply stating his position. is that a crime?

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Next

Google

Return to ATS Watch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron