The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Ancient History, Lost Civilizations and related topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Smersh wrote:Oh my, there really is no hope at all for the internet woos is there? The following has been posted on Youtube. I won't bother to embed the video but just look at the comments. And this is just the first page as I write:

At least it gave me a laugh, does this whole Elenin nonsense require it's own thread in the "Famous Hoax's" section?
I must of missed the I-report link as it appears to have been edited now. Nevertheless It's a shame that Dr Musgrave has been dragged into this, at least he is trying to bring some common sense and scientific method to the table. I remember him from my hometown back in the day. He has done a few articles on the whole Elenin thing now, it started with a response to a so called 'paper' by a so called 'Dr' Mensur Omerbashich (who definitely needs his own thread) which is what the woo's are pinning their hopes on.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036

Sorry to get a bit sidetracked.
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Postby Luck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:25 am

Illudium Q-36 wrote:Sorry to get a bit sidetracked.

Woo's and the end of the world, perfect fodder for this thread. No apologies necessary. :)
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 am

even more Elenin stupidity...

Here:
NASA continues to assure and re-assure Americans and the world that all is well in our skies and that Comet Elenin will definitely NOT hit the earth and that we are all safe; no harm will come from Comet Elenin’s passage. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, they have created a “preparedness video” for their own staff which I posted earlier this year, and now comes the colossal RED X.

http://alternativenewsreport.net/2011/08/19/comet-elenin-and-nasas-red-x/

And at ATS:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread737750/pg1
Personally my favorite post in the ATS thread is this contender for the Grand Unification Conspiracy Theory:
In December 2010, while continuing to study the BP Oil disaster, I began to see a much bigger picture involving the ritual design that has been built into the overall ritual that I have been following for many years.
In January I began putting together a video that helped me to explain what I had found and to show that the NWO are in possession of quantum technologies that allows them to see the future and the past.
While this I am certain sounds pretty fantastic, as I stated, I have been following this ritual for many years and as a result of the AZ shooting spree, I was able to then further see and understand what the ritual design was showing me. I finally had a breakthrough right after the AZ shooting spree that allowed me to complete or to see the entire ritual design which is why I elected to do a video.
To make a long story short, because this subject matter is indeed a long and complicated explanation, I finally found that when the ritual was opened on 11-22-63 with the ritual death of JFK, at that very moment in history, the ritual design shows into the future all the way from 1963 the exact location of a spot on the ground that I at first contended it could be where the new North Pole will be after the pole shift.
After becoming more informed of Comet Elenin, YU55, Comet Honda, Comet Levy, and all the other this spot has also been considered as a known possible future comet or debris impact zone.
In February of 2011 I released a video that presented all this material and the most important revelation of the ritual design was this spot on Google Earth that I marked based on where the ritual lines, lined up. One set lines up with existing N. on 11-22-63 and the second alignment is for what I thought would be 11-22-11.

Wow.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:53 am

more zombie goodness...
8)

Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 am

Zombie Apocalypse
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:23 am

another addition to the soundtrack of the apocalypse; while there is no reference to doomsday, this one does have reptilians. 8)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 am

a fairly comprehensive list of failed doomsday predictions can be found here:
http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

highlights include:
St. Martin of Tours (ca. 316-397) wrote, "There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power." (Abanes p.119)

Followers of Joachim of Fiore (the Joachites) rescheduled the End to 1290 when his 1260 prophecy failed. (McIver #58)

Religious extremist William Bell claimed the world would be destroyed by earthquake on this day[April 5, 1761]. Since there had been an earthquake on February 8 and another on March 8, he reasoned that the world must end in another 28 days' time! Again, Londoners gathered in boats on the Thames or headed for the hills. When his prediction didn't come true, he was promptly thrown into Bedlam, London's notorious nuthouse. (Randi p.241)

According to meteorologist Albert Porta, a conjunction of six planets on this date [December 17, 1919] would cause a magnetic current to "pierce the sun, cause great explosions of flaming gas, and eventually engulf the Earth." Panic erupted in many countries around the world because of this prediction, and some even committed suicide. (Abanes p.60-61)

Danish cult leader Knud Weiking claimed that a being named Orthon was speaking to him, saying that there would be a nuclear war by Christmas 1967 that would disturb the Earth's orbit. His followers built a survival bunker in preparation for this catastrophe.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 am

Cake ain't just for weddings and birthdays....
When all else fails, eat cake
Crashing stocks, oil spills, tsunamis and other disasters— when life gets tough, the only thing you can do is eat cake. That’s the motif behind San Francisco writer Shannon O’Malley’s new tongue-in-cheek cookbook, Apocalypse Cakes: Recipes for the End.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/25/2372853/when-all-else-fails-eat-cake.html#ixzz1W5S5jHey

The author's blog is here:
http://apocalypsecakes.wordpress.com/

Global Jihad Date Cake

Jonestown Kool-Aid Cake
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:39 am

Illudium Q-36 wrote: At least it gave me a laugh, does this whole Elenin nonsense require it's own thread in the "Famous Hoax's" section?
I must of missed the I-report link as it appears to have been edited now. Nevertheless It's a shame that Dr Musgrave has been dragged into this, at least he is trying to bring some common sense and scientific method to the table. I remember him from my hometown back in the day. He has done a few articles on the whole Elenin thing now, it started with a response to a so called 'paper' by a so called 'Dr' Mensur Omerbashich (who definitely needs his own thread) which is what the woo's are pinning their hopes on.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036

Sorry to get a bit sidetracked.

That CNN article does seem to have been edited since I posted it, you're right. The comments are still there though oddly enough. As for Ian Musgrave, he's not alone in trying to debunk all this nonsense now because NASA have recently released an article of their own here: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?r ... e_2011-255

I guess the NASA one will just be put down as a pack of lies though of course ...

And yes you're right about the paper by Mensur Omerbashich. The woos have been ecstatic about it, having failed to notice it still hasn't been peer reviewed even when it's been pointed out to them, along with the article about it by Ian Musgrave.

Luck wrote:a fairly comprehensive list of failed doomsday predictions can be found here:
http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm ...

Aye, excellent site that one Luck which I've posted myself on one or two boards in the past. :)

Latest on Elenin from the woo-woo-ologists seems to be that there is a massive body coming along behind it (variously said to be Nibiru / Planet X / Nemesis / Tyche / brown dwarf / red dwarf etc etc) but we can't see this giant object because it is only visible in infrared. It has already been said to have caused Saturn to tilt by 90 degrees on its axis, which is easily proved wrong by looking at all posts about Saturn from the last few months or so in Google, on various amateur astronomy forums and finding no mention at all of such a significant event, which I believe has already been pointed out to the woos.

It won't deter them I'm sure though, and they'll keep going on and on about this mythical giant object getting closer and closer which can only be seen in infrared, for the next few years prolly ... :?
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:22 am

Smersh wrote:It won't deter them I'm sure though, and they'll keep going on and on about this mythical giant object getting closer and closer which can only be seen in infrared, for the next few years prolly ... :?

I agree, it seems like the kooks have to flog something to death before they are able (or willing) to move on the next crackpot theory.

Another addition to the soundtrack: "I think I'm gonna miss the rapture" by Matthew Mars.

Link to song here: http://www.matthewmars.com/matthew_mars_online/rapture.html (unfortunately i could not find it on youtube)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12 am

Livin' for the Apocalypse- the wackjobs get their own TV special

They have stock piles of canned goods, gas masks, bomb shelters and even a tilapia pond. They are the families featured on TLC's newest one-hour special LIVIN' FOR THE APOCALYPSE, premiering on Sunday, August 28 at 10 PM ET/PT.

Amid the world's latest natural disasters, cultural doomsday predictions and economic collapses, there are those who are convinced that this is the end of civilization, as we know it. LIVIN' FOR THE APOCALYPSE takes a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of families who have spent years preparing for the day that they believe will mark the end of mankind. From rabbit-raising to meat-canning, no measure is too over-the-top when it comes to preparing for one's post-apocalyptical survival. The fascinating special will document these extreme actions and personal survival guides as these unique families prepare for the future...or not.

TLC is going to be airing the special again on 9/1 and 9/2.
schedule and videos here: http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=2.1213.56576.0.0
and here: http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/livin-for-the-apocalypse-videos/
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:30 am

The apocalypse as art house film:

Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:36 am

Oh well, at least Elenin might go away soon anyway, even if all the other Nibiru/2012 etc nonsense continues (which no doubt it will, of course.) Latest info is that Elenin appears to be disintegrating with its nucleus breaking up. Here's an article by Nancy Atkinson at Universe Today. Has some photos as well:

http://www.universetoday.com/88494/come ... tigrating/

This does happen with comets sometimes as they get near to the sun on their orbits. According to Universe Today, it also happened a few weeks ago with another comet, 213P Van Ness.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:04 am

Of course, you know the woos will claim it's the aliens that caused comet elenin's demise.... #-o

‘Doomsday’ Comet Elenin May Be Disintegrating

Much Much has been made of Comet Elenin on the Internet, namely a giant production about how the comet may just be on a collision course with Earth, just in time for 2012. Well, for anyone starting to get nervous, don’t, as it is an established fact that Comet Elenin will not come all that close to earth, missing us by several million miles. However, doomsday aside, the comet is in the news again as it may actually be disintegrating.

Every night, astronomers, mostly amateurs, are monitoring and photographing the comet. In the past few days, some strange things have been taking place in regards to this cosmic visitor from the distant reaches of the solar system. So, what’s been going on in space? To start with, the comet has dramatically dropped in brightness. Another, more telling sign: the comet’s coma has elongated, which may hint at a disintegrating nucleus.

here: http://www.etidbits.com/doomsday-comet-elenin-may-be-disintegrating=8079
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:37 am

the Black Plague revisited:

The bacterium responsible for the Black Death was once a mild stomach bug
We've suspected it for awhile now, and now it's confirmed that the bacterium Yersinia pestis was responsible for the devastating plague that wiped out a third of Europe 650 years ago. But this ultimate killer started as something far different.

http://io9.com/5835859/the-bacterium-responsible-for-the-black-death-was-once-a-mild-stomach-bug

Rats were not responsible for the Black Death
The spread of the Black Death — a devastating pandemic that ravaged European populations between 1348 and 1350 — has long been attributed to the black rat and the fleas it carried from port to port, while hitching a ride on merchant ships.
Now, a study examining the effects of the plague in London between 1348 and 1349 suggests that the black rat may be the victim of one of the longest-running smear campaigns in human history.

http://io9.com/5833029/rats-were-not-responsible-for-the-black-death
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Archaeology & Paleontology