The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Ancient History, Lost Civilizations and related topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Postby Smersh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:19 am

Yes I saw something about that Black Death theory on BBC News on tv yesterday Luck but can't find a link to it on their site unfortunately. As you pointed out, if the study is correct, it means that what was long thought to be bubonic plague spread by rats is completely wrong ...

Going back to Elenin, it looks like the Youtube Doomsday hoax peddlers are somewhat perturbed by the news that Elenin may be breaking up as it gets close to the sun, and are desperately trying to explain it in as sensational and woo-woo-like a manner as possible. Here's an extremely silly video saying it was caused by a "gigantic energy pulse" from Jupiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwtlnE3BEng

I haven't seen any videos saying it was destroyed by a top-secret black project space weapon to save the Earth yet, but I daresay we won't have to wait long ...
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Smersh wrote:
I haven't seen any videos saying it was destroyed by a top-secret black project space weapon to save the Earth yet, but I daresay we won't have to wait long ...

Not destroyed it, but at least it's nice to know they are visiting it regularly to keep check on it.
http://thechaniproject.com/forum/index. ... 356.0.html
The whole backstory on this one is quite entertaining though, it would make a fairly rubbish sci fi flick.
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Postby Luck » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Illudium Q-36 wrote:Not destroyed it, but at least it's nice to know they are visiting it regularly to keep check on it.
http://thechaniproject.com/forum/index. ... 356.0.html
The whole backstory on this one is quite entertaining though, it would make a fairly rubbish sci fi flick.

Yeah, I read a smattering of the posts, there was no way I was going to read all 26 pages of rubbish, but OMG! A space craft and a coming event on 9/4/2011. Oh, and I forgot the bit about the US Navy Space Command! :lol:

edit: Anyone care to guess what occurs on 9/4?

My prediction is that brain parasites invade the earth for food and end up starving.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Here's an article from the respected exopolitician Michael Salla about Elenin:

According to an increasing number of astronomers including its discoverer, Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1) has begun disintegrating. It was hit directly by a coronal mass ejection (CME) from the sun on August 19, and soon began loosing visibility – suggesting it was breaking up. In contrast, respected science author Richard C. Hoagland claims that an unmistakable tetrahedral energy shield was displayed by Elenin during the CME confirming beyond any doubt that it is indeed an artificial structure – a space ship ...

Full article: http://news.exopoliticsinstitute.org/in ... shield997/

If you read the rest of the article, Mr Salla quotes the respected Mr Hoagland as saying the comet disintegrating is part of a cover up. (Not that it really matters if it's disintegrating or not of course, because it will still miss the Earth by about 22 million miles on Oct 16th ... )
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Smersh » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

Here's an interesting thread at Armageddon Online:

http://forums.armageddononline.org/9-8-eq-t32172.html

A user called "Elenin11" started a thread claiming that Elenin caused the Japan quake and will cause another mega-quake on 22nd November. Ok I know we've heard all this before, but this guy is not your run-of-the-mill woo apparently. He's a supporter of the "electric universe" theory and has presented a whole load of "shocking" stuff to "prove" his claim.

I made two or three posts but I have to admit I'm a little out of my depth here. However there are one or two others there putting up quite a good debate, including a geologist ("TC") who posts there.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Tim Hebert » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Odd, yet interesting link Smersh. I'm way to busy looking at old Air Force cases, but I do have a few questions.

Japan 9.2 EQ on March 11th 2011 (Elenin at 2 AU).
Chile 8.8 EQ on February 27th 2010 (Elenin at 6 AU).

These two major EQs were rare in history...

Rare? As compared to what? It would seem that earth quakes of these magnitudes have happen before, prior to our current magnitude classification system. I'm not certain but it would seem that if an earthquake chain reaction, ie, multiple earthquakes happening a the same time would be more of an indication of Elenin's effect, rather than a singular event.

Tim

PS: I'm not a geologist, so my take is just speculation.
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Smersh » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Tim Hebert wrote: ... Rare? As compared to what? It would seem that earth quakes of these magnitudes have happen before, prior to our current magnitude classification system ...

Actually Tim that was my feeling as well and I might go and post as such over there unless anyone else does. Even just reading the Wiki article about earthquakes in Japan, it's clear they have had several very big quakes of 8 plus even in the time since they've been measured:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismicity_in_Japan

I'm not sure why he thinks Elenin will cause a big quake on November 22nd either, when by that time the comet will have passed the Earth about 5 weeks previously and be heading out towards the outer solar system. And why Elenin in particular? What about all the other comets? (He seems to think it's because it is "almost coplanar 1.83 degrees of inclination from the ecliptic," amongst other things) but then he gives all these calculations connected with the "electric universe" theory to back up his claims, which is where he loses me completely.

As I understand it, the electric universe hypothesis claims to demolish the standard model of Newton and Einstein etc altogether, but it's only supported by a few mavericks. I'm glad they have a geologist posting there ... !
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Tim Hebert » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Maybe others are more knowledgeable than I, but getting back to my other point: Why would something such as a single comet cause just one singular event effecting only one particular point on the earth on an annual basis?. There are numerous zones that are prime for seismic activity...here in So. California for example.

By looking at the US Geological link for daily seismic activity, It doesn't take a psychic or genius to come statistically close to predicting activity and magnitude of a "future" quake. In other words, one can easily fit a prediction well in the "ball park." A generous circular error of probability.

Link to USGS site:http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Smersh » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Well, I just made another post querying all the historical big quakes in Japan, and the Indian Ocean quake of 2004 here, so we'll see what his response is.

Tim Hebert wrote:Maybe others are more knowledgeable than I, but getting back to my other point: Why would something such as a single comet cause just one singular event effecting only one particular point on the earth on an annual basis?. There are numerous zones that are prime for seismic activity...here in So. California for example.

By looking at the US Geological link for daily seismic activity, It doesn't take a psychic or genius to come statistically close to predicting activity and magnitude of a "future" quake. In other words, one can easily fit a prediction well in the "ball park." A generous circular error of probability.

Link to USGS site:http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

Tim

Yes so I guess there's a reasonable chance there will be at least one quake of say, 7.5 plus somewhere in the world before November 22nd, so no doubt he'll seize on that as "proof" of his Elenin claims.

Having said that though, he's predicting a gigantic quake of 9.8+ because of Elenin, which I think would be the biggest known earthquake in history ...
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Smersh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Michael Mattiazzo, the amateur astronomer who first broke the news a few weeks ago that Elenin's nucleus might be disintegrating has now posted an update on his website for 14th September:

"10h magnitude and fading- in process of disintegrating. Has not survived perihelion.
In solar conjunction."

http://members.westnet.com.au/mmatti/sc.htm

So it looks like that's the last we will see of this comet, at least with its nucleus all in one piece anyway. Chadwickus started what looks like being a pretty entertaining thread :wink: at ATS as well and posted the latest photos from Michael Mattiazzo here:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread753831/pg1

As for this brief video, :lol: you can only watch it at Youtube unfortunately:

Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Smersh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 pm

From numerous websites and Youtube videos over the last few months:

"3 days of darkness Sept 26th - Sept 29th when Comet Elenin eclipses the sun."

(Some websites give the start date as Sept 25th, so they can't even agree on that mistaken concept ...)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=elenin+3+days+of+darkness&hl=en&prmd=imvns&ei=we2EToz2BKmb1AWr41E&start=0&sa=N&biw=1440&bih=740

Anyway it's dark here at the moment, but that's because it's 1130pm here in the UK. I'm sure it was light a few hours ago though ... #-o
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Smersh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:48 am

Smersh,
Love the guy's tinfoil hat. The glow sticks are a nice touch. :)

Surprisingly enough there is a website for instructions to make your own AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie). Scary what you can find on the internet if you only look...

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

There are even testimonials!
Hi
I started to wear foil after I woke up and had lost 3 weeks of my life. I had the strangest feeling that I had been violated/probed. Now they cant touch me as I wear a foil undergarment.
8)
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:54 am

Luck wrote: ... Surprisingly enough there is a website for instructions to make your own AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie). Scary what you can find on the internet if you only look...

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

There are even testimonials! ...

Sorry I'm a little slow responding Luck, but that link is hilarious, thanks! :lol:

As for Elenin, it is now the 16th October, which I believe is the day the dreaded comet (which of course is really a brown dwarf or something) is due to bring mayhem to our planet. However, I'm still hopeful of being able to watch Match of the Day 2 later on ... :wink:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 am

Smersh,
I have to assume you have made it since I am still here. :lol:

Did anyone else notice there were zombies on A Prairie Home Companion this weekend? (truly a harbinger of armageddon if there ever was one) Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/prog ... bies.shtml

My favorite quote: "They need to be shot in the head so they can die and go into the afterlife and then ----- if you want to donate flowers for the altar in their memory, fine-----"

edited to note: the zombie bit is at the beginning of the show...
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Archaeology & Paleontology