The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Ancient History, Lost Civilizations and related topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Postby Smersh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Luck wrote: ... Did anyone else notice there were zombies on A Prairie Home Companion this weekend? (truly a harbinger of armageddon if there ever was one) Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/prog ... bies.shtml ...

Well this month is quite a busy one for Doomsday non-events because don't forget, in 3 days from now we have the final, ultimate, this is it folks, no mistake this time, Harold Camping one. If wonder if it will be a zombie apocalyspe? :shock: :P
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Smersh wrote: If wonder if it will be a zombie apocalyspe? :shock: :P

One can only hope. Of course, if the world ends tomorrow, the pseudo-prophecies would come to an end. :)
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Perhaps the psych meds are working. We are still here and Harold has not issued a revised date. :)

I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 am

A Brief Biography of

Harold Camping
President of Family Stations Inc.

Harold Egbert Camping received a B.S. degree ...

Full biography: http://www.familyradio.com/english/conn ... g_bio.html

:)
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Smersh,
Scary that Camping was an engineer.

Speaking of zombie apocalypse, there is supposed to be one on Saturday in the Chicago area.
On Saturday sirens will be heard screaming through the night, and emergency lights will be flashing across downtown Elgin as Chicago Street is transformed into a desolate, ghoulish, zombie-ridden mess.

Artists and actors will take over Chicago Street between Douglas and Villa from 6 to 11 p.m. for the city’s first Nightmare on Chicago Street.

http://triblocal.com/elgin/2011/10/24/zombie-apocalypse-set-for-saturday-in-elgin/

Still a little to far away from me, but there are zombie walks in Iowa periodically. I should see if there is going to be one for Halloween so I can snap pics.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:56 pm

It's the End of the World, Baby!!!!(no, really)

Milla Jovovich poses for Campari's 2012 calendar which has an "end of the world" theme.

Three guesses as to which killer end this photo represents!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2054391/Milla-Jovovich-toasts-apocalypse--12-times-new-Campari-calendar.html

Unfortunately, Campari only prints 10,000 of these to "send to friends of the company." I am bummed, I would have loved one.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 am

Another installment of the TEOTWAWKI soundtrack:

Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Even if it turns out that we are living in a holographic construct, I doubt if it will collapse on itself causing the world to end next year. :)

The Holographic Universe: Is Our 3D World Just an Illusion?

Drawing upon the Holographic Principle, the premise behind the Fermilab project is that space is two dimensional, and that the third dimension is inextricably linked with time. If that's the case, our 3D world is merely an approximate illusion. Assuming that's true, the illusion is likely imperfect and blurry, just as photographs and videos are, especially when viewed on a granular level.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/72804.html

edit: grammar
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Doomsdays 2011 (all failed of course.)

Compilation of loonies on Youtube, put together by one of the guys over at the excellent website http://www.2012hoax.org/ ;)

Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm converted. Colleen Thomas is the most reliable video-blogger I've ever seen.

I would challenge her to provide evidence - but she implies heavily that we shouldn't test her on things, and well, that's good enough for me!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Truly, Colleen is our prophet for the end times. :roll:
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Scientists behind Armageddon flu virus suspend their research because it 'could put world at risk of catastrophic pandemic'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-2089941/Scientists-Armageddon-flu-virus-suspend-research-world-risk-catastrophic-pandemic.html#ixzz1ksCBOIpI

Researchers studying a potentially more lethal, airborne version of bird flu have suspended their studies because of concerns the mutant virus they have created could be used as a devastating form of bioterrorism or accidentally escape the lab.

In a letter published in the journals Nature and Science on Friday, 39 scientists defended the research as crucial to public health efforts.

But they are bowing to fear that has become widespread since media reports discussed the studies, and their possible fallout, in December.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 am

Yo mama is so fat that her round shape was inspiration for the wheel!!

Okay, not really; but some researchers have translated the oldest know riddles.

3,500-Year-Old Jokes Have Something to Say About Yo Mama

The study of jokes and riddles written in ancient languages we barely understand is, well, a little tricky. But in a recent paper in the journal Iraq, Middle East scholars Michael Streck and Nathan Wasserman describe and interpret some thigh-slappers scrawled on a badly damaged tablet from Babylon, circa 1500 BC. The scribe’s cuneiform is on the sloppy side. The translations are uncertain, too—but no doubt the humor will still shine through.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2012/01/27/3500-year-old-jokes-have-something-to-say-about-yo-mama/

Link to the paper with riddles:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx3YXNzZXJtYW5uYXRoYW58Z3g6NTVmZTk1YTRlZmY1M2ZkNQ&pli=1

These just go to show (like the end of the world or ancient doomsday prophecies) there may be lots lost in translation.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby MikeJamieson » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Last night CNBC re aired it's documentary on 2012.....so, I took notes and wrote this at my notes from 2012 blog (click button to right):
[
CNBC on “Apocalypse 2012″
February 6, 2012
Last night I watched the CNBC re airing of “Apocalypse 2012″, an examination of the response of individuals, groups, and our culture to the end of the Mayan long count calendar of 5,126 years on December 21 2012.

While fairly recent religious groups, those headed by Elizabeth Claire Prophet and David Koresh were two examples given, have emphasized either some sort of pending end or entry into a new age, the current apocalyptic fever is more secularized, global, and nurtured and fueled by the Internet.

Dr. David Morrison, a space scientist from NASA’s Ames Center, observed that judging by his emails from many distressed people that there is “a convergence of perceived threats”:

~the return of an uncharted Planet X, or “Nibiru” (Sumerian reference), orbiting at a distance in a 3,600 year cycle. (At this stage, given the short time period left, this “scare” is clearly not going to manifest.)

~Solar flares. Morrison noted that there was nothing about the sun that posed a threat to people.

~Magnetic pole flip. Morrison doubts any impact to us in the event of the next flip happening.

But, at this early point in the year it is clear 2012 fever is strong. And, folks like Coast to Coast radio host George Noory are reporting
that the “2012 movement continues to grow” and that we are all in for a rough and wild roller coaster ride. Noory plans to be on air the night of December 21.

CNBC interviewed and profiled quite a few people who are engaged in various enterprises based on different takes on what specifically is supposed to happen.

One of these folks, Lawrence Joseph….author of “Apocalypse 2012″, noted in an initial interview that “our way of life is threatened seriously” and that we face a new birth mixed with joy and tears. His perceived threat was solar threats, which in a subsequent interview he saw still somewhat as a threat but not as seriously as earlier.

CNBC kept returning to Patrick Geryl to track the progress of his
effort, supported by investors who will populate his planned survivalist community in a location safe from 2000 meter high tidal waves. Patrick is from Belguim and reports that his has had nightmares for years of the coming of a massive tidal wave. He says this could be caused by solar flares reversing the earth’s rotation. His tie in to the Mayan prophecy is the last page of the famous Dresden Codex, clearly showing land and people being overwhelmed by water gushing from the mouth of a crocodile. But, as I noted in my previous article on this, no date is identified for this event. Geryl in the interview, though, said this graphic page from the Mayan codes was tied to The end of the long count calendar.

Thankfully the show DID identify the one and only surviving reference to what is to happen. This was discussed in my first article at this blog. CNBC had an archaeologist, Christopher Powell, show and explain the one Mayan inscription, from the Tortuguero site in Mexico, which he said translated basically as the “descending of the Nine support gods”

All sorts of planned and developing survivalist communities and homes were profiled. Pam Walters, promoting the return of Nibiru, prepared in West Virginia to bury underground shipping containers for safe sheltering. We already mentioned Patrick Geryl’s plans. Larry Hall’s looked the coolest of them all: a many leveled underground missle silo base, being developed into condos. One contractor, Brian Camden, openly said he thought all of this was bunk but he nevertheless was busy building bunkers for people AND businesses all over the world. And, Dennis McClung’s 2012supplies.com business was profiled in depth.

Peter Gersten, a lawyer living near Sedona and famous for dealing in cases involving UFOs and government coverrups, has some special plans for 11:11am on December 21 2012. He feels that we live in a massive computer program that will temporarily shut down at that moment and with the opening of a portal, he is going to take “a leap of faith through it” from Bell Rock near Sedona.

So…..we need to chronicle or follow what happens with all these folks! (Profiled on this CNBC show.)

MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 am

@MikeJamieson Thanks for that excellent write-up Mike. I have a feeling Messrs Geryl & Co will disappear from sight in late December, probably laughing all the way to the bank ...

FYI - A very good video, uploaded by Dr David Morrison in October last year has attracted masses of comments (3,324 as I write and counting) and seems to have become the Clapham Junction of Youtube Nibiru arguments. Plenty of Nibiru fans on there, failing to present any actual evidence as usual and I think at least half the population of http://www.2012hoax.org is on there as well. And doing some sterling work as well if I may say so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TIy-t48uU0

As I write, this is still going on and doesn't look like stopping any time soon. So if anyone fancies diving in there (I've made a few comments, with my YT handle bugbait42 and will probably make a few more) please join the party and help us present the facts. Of course, it's unlikely you'll get any sensible replies from the Nibiruists, but at least you'll be able to find out what it's like being a "government-paid shill" and maybe earn enough to buy the missus a new washing machine or something. :wink:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Archaeology & Paleontology