Stairway to heaven or 8 Miles high ?

Science and Technology News, Advanced Military Projects and Space Exploration

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Stairway to heaven or 8 Miles high ?

Postby ryguy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 pm

Chorlton wrote:But you couldnt build any 'civilisation' with lizards claws could ya ?
Great for picking your nose but little else.
When imagination starts making people even think think that there could be underground civilisations its time to stop.

Yeah it's crazy. It's like people thinking that a civilization evolved on dry land from many species of tiny little aquatic organisms with gills and fins and whatnot. Silly people. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 am

ryguy wrote:
Chorlton wrote:But you couldnt build any 'civilisation' with lizards claws could ya ?
Great for picking your nose but little else.
When imagination starts making people even think think that there could be underground civilisations its time to stop.

Yeah it's crazy. It's like people thinking that a civilization evolved on dry land from many species of tiny little aquatic organisms with gills and fins and whatnot. Silly people. :)

What an appallingly simplistic and distorted analogy.
Then again, you believe in a God so what is one to expect :lol.... but wait? if you believe in God surely you must believe in the creationist theory?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Jack'sDead » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 pm

There certainly is an overabundant wealth of "reptilian" garbage ou there, I must agree. But at the same time, there might be some kernal of truth wrapped up in the hysteria. What that truth might be is obviously purely speculative.

Nature is an amazing thing though, and it certainly would not shock me to learn that an ancient species might have evolved physically, and even technologically, in ways that we can not even imagine from our narrow and human-biased viewpoint. Especially when one considers that there is evidence to suggest that some dinosaur species are thought to have had comparable intelligence. Who is to say that their intelligence might not have even surpassed our own? If dolphins had hands, we might not be the "king of the castle" today either. And in that example we are talking about a contemporary species, not one shrouded in millions of years of hidden possibilities.

But in the end, I don't think that Dubya and the Queen are reptilians. But they might work for them! :lol:
...You can call me, Joker!
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Chorlton wrote:What an appallingly simplistic and distorted analogy.

:)

Then again, you believe in a God so what is one to expect :lol.... but wait? if you believe in God surely you must believe in the creationist theory?

LOL...If you're being serious, then you're grouping all of the world's God-believers (thanks for capitalizing by the way, nice...) into one single bucket. If you're being facetious and countering my analogy with your own appallingly simplistic and distorted analogy...that's simply brilliant. I'm impressed. :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Damn ! You rumbled me :D
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Science & Technology