YouTube video quality to increase (yay!)

Science and Technology News, Advanced Military Projects and Space Exploration

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

YouTube video quality to increase (yay!)

Postby m0r1arty » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Google has just purchased Green Parrot which is a company which creates software which stabilises, corrects and better renders video.

I feel it's important to mention on RU as a lot of the 'evidence' which is used to put forward paranormal concepts comes from 'dodgy' video with YouTube being the main runner as preferred host.

I am certain that this will not stop poorly shot night time footage of a mosquito against a snowy backdrop which passes for 'proof' these days but it should at least make more people think about the quality of their footage - as it will be corrected for them. I expect further software to be available in the future which will cut down on the amount of man hours required to 'debunk' footage.

I think (or hope) that eventually there will be standards set for video hosted on YouTube and this is one of the first means of getting people to be better with their skills prior to sharing them with the world.

Either way - one step forward for brilliant minds and another pinch as the others squeeze themselves into the corner.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Re: YouTube video quality to increase (yay!)

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Seems the whole direction of the Internet is better quality and authoritative information. All the junk is sinking to the bottom of the barrel quickly. This is excellent news - it gets tiring trying to locate good videos only to have to wade through so much garbage.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: YouTube video quality to increase (yay!)

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:05 pm

now if only they would stop people adding those life wasting fan made film trailers......

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to Science & Technology