New Photos of spy plane crash at Area 51

Science and Technology News, Advanced Military Projects and Space Exploration

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

New Photos of spy plane crash at Area 51

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I just found this short piece at Yahoo.
Few things capture the public's curiosity like Area 51. The top-secret military base (which doesn't officially exist) has been the subject of conspiracy theories for decades. What actually went on there? Something tells us we'll never know for sure. However, a recently revealed series of photographs provides some tantalizing new clues.
The photos, which were published by National Geographic, show a titanium A-12 spy plane. In one image, the satisfyingly sci-fi-looking plane hangs upside down while it is prepared for radar testing. In another shot, a group of officials with heavy equipment "remove all traces of the A-12 spy plane" after it went down in the Utah desert in 1963.
Sorry I forgot how to put photos here so if you wanna see them heres the link. Pretty cool stuff.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... spark-buzz
It kinda looks like the SR-71.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: New Photos of spy plane crash at Area 51

Postby ryguy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes - saw that yesterday on Google News...some pretty impressive photos, particularly of the spy plane crash and recovery process.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: New Photos of spy plane crash at Area 51

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:59 pm

it will look like an SR-71 as they are almost the same plane.

the A-12 was the pre cursor, the only real aesthetic but most obvious difference is the width of the chines around the cockpit. barring that they had different engines and package bays.

also, i came across this story months ago which also had an interview with the crash pilot but i have no idea where or i would link it.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to Science & Technology